M3E - RAW format for Panorama
802 10 2023-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FuzzyRome
lvl.1

Singapore

I noticed that there is no option for taking RAW format photos for using the Panorama option.

This is a very serious issue for me as I am a Drone Service Provider... Is there a fix to this? The drone has the capability to take RAW format photos, why is this option left out on the M3E which is almost definitely used by service providers which frequently have applications for this?

I hope that I was mistaken about this and someone could guide me about it.
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi FuzzyRome, thank you for reaching out. After checking, for the DJI Mavic 3E, it does not support the RAW format under the Panorama mode.
2023-11-23
Use props
FuzzyRome
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 11-23 22:37
Hi FuzzyRome, thank you for reaching out. After checking, for the DJI Mavic 3E, it does not support the RAW format under the Panorama mode.

Is there an existing roadmap or planned feature for the next update?
I hope there is any avenue for us to put in an official request for this because I noticed I am not the only person asking for this.

Edit: The interesting thing is... the Mini 3 Pro already has the feature made available... so the code is already existing in DJI's dev codes.
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

FuzzyRome Posted at 11-23 22:56
Is there an existing roadmap or planned feature for the next update?
I hope there is any avenue for us to put in an official request for this because I noticed I am not the only person asking for this.

Hi, we'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-23
Use props
FuzzyRome
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 11-23 23:06
Hi, we'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for this.

In the meantime, could you let me know if Mavic Air 2 is able to do 360 panorama with RAW photos? This is urgent for us. Of course we understand that we can still manually take photos in RAW format with Mavic 3 Enterprise but there's a lot to do for every height

Thanks again!
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

FuzzyRome Posted at 11-24 07:45
Thank you for this.

In the meantime, could you let me know if Mavic Air 2 is able to do 360 panorama with RAW photos? This is urgent for us. Of course we understand that we can still manually take photos in RAW format with Mavic 3 Enterprise but there's a lot to do for every height  

No worries. For the Mavic Air 2, there are four modes (Sphere, 180°, Wide Angle, Vertical). Before you take the panorama shot, please set the Photo Type in the app. Otherwise, there are no original photos stored. Thanks.

2023-11-24
Use props
Kiko977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5407730 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have exactly the same feature request.
We are using M3E for photogrammetry but also for panoramic captures and the lack of the RAW capture in panorama mode is awfull.
Please add this feature to the next drone's update.
2023-12-18
Use props
Philipp Matschoß
New

Germany

Any updates about that? I sadly was messing this feature to take panoramas in RAW so I hat to use my old Mavic 2 Pro today. This is extremely important to us
2-5 10:33
Use props
SkyFilming
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I also need the ability to shoot raw in pano on the Mavic 3 Enterprise. I do a lot of these every month and the quality with just jpeg isn't good enough. Currently I have to swap drones just to do the panos after mapping. It's very silly and unprofessional to need this.
2-25 04:22
Use props
skareb1986gmail.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 687320 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi, i am just wondering if the Mavic 3E can now capture raw images when doing a spherical panorama? Was there an update to this?
3-5 02:21
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

skareb1986gmail.com Posted at 3-5 02:21
Hi, i am just wondering if the Mavic 3E can now capture raw images when doing a spherical panorama? Was there an update to this?

Nope no update, still can't do it.
3-5 04:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules