How to stop Low Battery RTH in NAZA mode on the fly? NEWBIE
2190 10 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
larry.reinstein
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
I went to a large grass field today to practice the different NAZA modes.  Generally it was a successful flight.     

When my P2V+ was about 50 yards away (and about 20 feet high)  (GPS mode) the Low Battery Alarm went off on the Vision App.      After some seconds it seemed to go into RTH mode which means it began climbing to 120 feet!  Fortunately no trees above.

I tried to recall how to CANCEL the RTH after Low Battery but I could not remember.   All directional control seemed unresponsive.

1. What can I do to CANCEL the RTH and just fly it back myself (silly to climb to 120 feet over open terrain)?

2. Are there recommended settings to avoid this?   Are they in the Vision App, or in the Phantom Setup on my computer?

(I noted some recommendations are to turn off this Low Battery RTH feature and just go with the warning.  WHat are thoughts on this?

I also note one post said I could have Canceled the RTH on my DJI Vision App once the Alarm sounded.  I did not notice this.  Is it true?     

[On a related note I could not find a decent tutorial on using the DJI vision App, recommended settings etc.  Is there one?]

Thanks a heap.

Larry
2015-9-7
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

First in the app you can enable or disable the low battery auto go home. You can also set the RTH altitude. If it's in the RTH you can flip the S1switch from GPS to AttI and back to GPS to regain control. However if the battery hits the critical low battery  the craft will auto land. Hope this helps.
2015-9-7
Use props
larry.reinstein
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-9-7 16:22
First in the app you can enable or disable the low battery auto go home. You can also set the RTH al ...

Thanks it does.

I will test it out.

Do you think I should disable the low battery auto go home?
2015-9-7
Use props
duncan.lamb
lvl.1

France

Funny that, in my experience even when it hits critical level, if you keep playing with the controls the Phantom will not auto land, but will keep flying until it drops (literally). Admittedly mine was in GPS mode when I did this little test. However I tested again in Naza mode, and initially when the first low battery threshold is reached and the lights start flashing red you momentarily lose control and the Phantom will start to initiate auto-land or RTH (depending on what you've configured in the assistant software), but if you keep using the sticks you can then regain control and keep flying, even through the critical battery level (until it drops, as I say - not recommended, obviously). Strange, because I didn't really get a clear-cut response when I asked this question, and your experience tends to suggest that you're seeing the opposite, in other words the behaviour that I had expected when I did my little test until the Phantom simply shut off and then dropped to the ground - only 50cm up, thankfully. So from my experience, unless you relinquish control, regardless of the low battery threshold reached, you can fly the Phantom into the ground (if you're so inclined/insane!).
2015-9-7
Use props
larry.reinstein
lvl.1

United States

duncan.lamb@lap Posted at 2015-9-7 17:21
Funny that, in my experience even when it hits critical level, if you keep playing with the controls ...

can someone clarify this??

Mostly I am concerned because I lost all control of the Phantom.  How do I regain control when it is in RTH after a Low Battery warning?

Will flipping S1 from GPS to ATTI back to GPS put it definitely in my control???

Larry
2015-9-7
Use props
larry.reinstein
lvl.1

United States

duncan.lamb@lap Posted at 2015-9-7 17:21
Funny that, in my experience even when it hits critical level, if you keep playing with the controls ...

Mostly I am concerned because I lost all control of the Phantom.  How do I regain control when it is in RTH after a Low Battery warning?

Will flipping S1 from GPS to ATTI back to GPS put it definitely in my control???

Larry
2015-9-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

larry.reinstein Posted at 2015-9-8 08:51

Mostly I am concerned because I lost all control of the Phantom.  How  ...

S1 to ATTITUDE and back will regain control.. And I do not recommend turning off RTH on low battery level ..
Also, there is an audible warning that comes off to tell you it will go home and land or land depending on your settings and you can click ignore...
For what it is worth, I regularly fly my Phantom below the 20%..not much but below..but below...just keep an eye on it as things can change in an instant...then gonners if not careful!.
Edit...also note that once the Phantom is over its home point during an RTH that it is to descend upon, you do have control of it during the landing...I have done this too many times to count and it works...just do not expect to be able to "fly it" per se in this state.
2015-9-7
Use props
larry.reinstein
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-9-7 20:54
S1 to ATTITUDE and back will regain control.. And I do not recommend turning off RTH on low battery ...

thanks
i will try this next time

Larry
2015-9-7
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

larry.reinstein Posted at 2015-9-7 20:51

Mostly I am concerned because I lost all control of the Phantom.  How  ...

yes

s1 to ATTI and back to GPS will restore control to the RC.

I confirmed this one day when it did in fact start to climb to RTH altitude when it hit low battery. The problem was I was under trees.
I just made the switch in time to stop my plus just as it got to branch level. manually landed immediately.
I knew to do that mostly from reading and rereading that here and on other forums.
2015-9-8
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-9-8 08:54
S1 to ATTITUDE and back will regain control.. And I do not recommend turning off RTH on low battery ...

I too would NOT recommend turning of RTH for low battery!  

consider the two choices:

1) I have RC control, RTH initiates on its own, it begins, I flip sw 1 from gps to atti for a couple seconds, then back to gps and take control and land.
-or-
2) I do NOT have RC control, RTH initiates on its own, it begins and saves my phantom!

What part of these choices makes you want to kill this BENEFIT?
2015-9-8
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-9-8 08:54
I regularly fly my Phantom below the 20%..not much but below...

Tad off topic, but I am in pretty desperate need of below 40% battery data from assistant.  

Since you usually fly down to 20%, can I beg some data from you in the future  my friend?  just send me batt capacity mah, batt NOW mah, %charge left, batt voltage.  any values accepted!  

Thanks.
2015-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules