How do I get it to stop nagging me for Wifi and just use Bluetooth
538 5 2023-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

I've been successfully using this camera for 2.5 years with various phones. For the last 2.5 years, I've just opened the Mimo app, turned on the camera, and after like 30 seconds, they see each other and I can view the camera from my phone.

A couple weeks ago, I ran out of battery on my camera, and that appears to have wiped whatever settings were allowing me to use my phones (I have three, one of which was purchased solely to use with this camera). Now, whenever I run the app, it does not connect to my camera. Instead it nags me with a message:

"Connection failed. Change in Wifi password detected for DJI device. Do the following, then try connecting again:
1. Disable WLAN on mobile device.
2. Enable WLAN on mobile device.
I don't know what the **** that means.

I can go into the camera settings and find the Wifi password, and enter that password into my phone. It them prompts me to enter the password over and over again, without actually connecting me. I suspect it's because it's a non-internet connection, and my phone immediately rejects it and tries to get back on the internet.

But this is all irrelevant, because I don't want to use Wifi. I want to go back to turning on the camera, and turning on the Mimo app, and having the two devices see each other.

I went into my bluetooth devices on my phone, and I can see the camera there, but tapping on it causes my phone to say "Pairing..." for about a minute and then do nothing.

How do I make the camera connect to my phone? I am not interested in using Wifi if I need to repeatedly type the password every 30 seconds, or if I need to shut the internet off on my phone to get it to stay connected. That's stupid and i refuse to do it.

I've tried this with three different phones, all Android.
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what specific mobile device are you currently using with the DJI Mmo app? Please try to reinstall the app on that mobile device and check if the issue persists. In addition, did you manage to try your other mobile devices to connect to further isolate the issue? If the issue persists, please provide us with a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-25
Use props
Ariel green
New

United States

I’m having similar issues. My DJI Osmo pocket 3 is not allowing me to connect on any of my devices as well.
1-24 18:04
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

I was able to finally get it to connect properly by uninstalling and reinstalling the app on all devices.
1-24 19:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ChazWinter Posted at 1-24 19:47
I was able to finally get it to connect properly by uninstalling and reinstalling the app on all devices.

Hello, Chaz. Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you have managed to isolate this issue that you experienced. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
1-25 01:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ariel green Posted at 1-24 18:04
I’m having similar issues. My DJI Osmo pocket 3 is not allowing me to connect on any of my devices as well.

Hi there, Ariel. My apologies if you are having issues with your product. Can you please upload a short video showing the issue with your DJI Osmo Pocket 3? You may upload the file via Google Drive or YouTube. We will wait for your response.
1-25 01:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules