HLG and D-Log are losing sharpness when compared with "Normal"
1451 4 2023-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wpjwong
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I tested Pocket 3 with the color profile of "Normal", "HLG" and "D-log". I found that the images of both "HLG" and "D-log" are much soften as compared with "Normal". Both sharpness settings are "0". Is it because the processing power of Pocket 3 is not good enough to support 10-bit encoding result in losing sharpness or it is something can be fixed by firmware upgrade. I am using Sony mirrorless camera for video, the sharpness of "standard profile" and 'HLG" are the same without this kind of problem.

2023-11-25
Use props
wpjwong
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Problem solved  ---> I used the Effect of Final Cut Pro to sharpen the imagine and it can restore the sharpness same as "Normal"
2023-11-25
Use props
Marc_v_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1080728 ft
Netherlands

Not an expert, but I think the ‘Normal’ mode has its own bit of video processing, including sharpness. To many people, including me, the normal mode looks oversharpened and artificial, whereas the other modes look much more natural. D-LOG M and HLG give you the flexibility to sharpen it to taste. I even set the sharpness to -2, that’s what I like. We’ve gotten too much used to very sharp action cam and smartphone footage ;).
2023-11-25
Use props
wpjwong
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Agreed your point. I don't like the sharpness of "Normal" neither but the test make me feel surprise to see the sharpening process of "Normal" in the device is different with HLG and D-Log.
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We're sorry for the trouble you experienced. However, we're glad that you've managed to sort out the situation. Please feel free to reach us if you need our assistance.
2023-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules