1.4.0.10 Firmware update - issues
2802 11 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whispermode
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Only one for me but might be a good place to collate.

I1, camera and batteries updated, no problem, but my transmitter won't recognise the firmware.

I've tried:

• SD card
  • USB stick
  • Plugging into the camera

Nothing. The app (iOS and Android) seems happy with 1.3.0.00 so doesn't try to update it.

As a test, I also used the 'magic .bin' to start from scratch and, weirdly, the app then updates the firmware, via download, to 1.3.0.00 again.

Anyone else experiencing this problem or have any idea how to solve?

I've emailed support, Chat was closed, and I called Germany but it was a dead line after going through to the I1 tech hotline. Hopefully they're still in business, but you never know...
2015-9-7
Use props
support.vertica
lvl.1

United States

Upgrading on the Remote for 1.4.0.10 is not necessary.  Per the release notes:

"Users may skip updating the remote controller, as the latest firmware update does not affect the
remote controller"
2015-9-7
Use props
William Burrows
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228698 ft
United States

The firmware will not update the controller, this is normal for this version. Turn on the controller - Turn on the Phantom 3 - Turn on the DJI GO app. Look under about you should see 3 new versions,
Firmware v1.4.0010 - DJI GO v2.2.0 - RC v1.3.20.  If you see this you are properly updated.
Bill B.  
2015-9-7
Use props
Whispermode
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thank you.

Note to self: read the release notes.
2015-9-7
Use props
thirdeyepro
lvl.1

United States

I have an issue with the controller not being recognized by the DJI Go app I think my USB port is bad in the controller but I'm really not sure. I have tried my IPad mini, Iphone6, about 4 USB cables and nothing. I downloaded the new  1.4.0.10 firmware and had success and the controller and the Phantom 3  works fine and I'm sure it will fly blind and the camera seems to work too? Can anybody help me with this problem?
2015-9-8
Use props
ArisMad
New

Greece

thirdeyepro@msn Posted at 2015-9-8 16:41
I have an issue with the controller not being recognized by the DJI Go app I think my USB port is ba ...

Hi

Had the same problem and spend a few hours on forums and DJI support in order to define the problem.
Finally conclude the USB port for no reason stop functioning, had to "replace" the controller by luck. In any other case you had to send it for repair (2 years warranty) and be grounded for at least a month.

2015-9-12
Use props
chrisnewton21
New

United States

thirdeyepro@msn Posted at 2015-9-8 08:41
I have an issue with the controller not being recognized by the DJI Go app I think my USB port is ba ...

Thirdeyepro, I had the exact same thing happen to me after the newest update. You described my exact problem. I too concluded that the USB port just quit sending out a signal. Is this what you found as well? Any help would be great. I can't decide if I should send in the RC, wait for a new firmware version when they figure this out or buy the new HDMI output and see if that fixes the problem.
2015-9-15
Use props
eflwong.yahoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9915 ft
Australia

I received my P3Pro yesterday. Spent almost whole day trying to set up and connect the RC with the aircraft. However, I was required to register a DJI account before I can activate my aircraft. Wonder why ?
As for the latest firmware 1.04.0010, I updated it successfully on the aircraft. Then I updated the RC via USB but not successful. Below is the text file from the USB.

==2015.09.15 22:21:16==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

I am not sure what this means. When I power up my RC, P3 and my DJI Go app was telling me "Upgrade Required" I did the USB upgrade for my RC  again today but no success. I could not even arm the motor manually but I can move the gimbal up and down with the RC. Can anyone tell me what is happening and what should I do next ?

2015-9-16
Use props
Geoff Charters
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17362 ft
Australia

William Burrows Posted at 2015-9-8 02:05
The firmware will not update the controller, this is normal for this version. Turn on the controller ...

I have just upgraded my firmware to these numbers and now have a blank screen - no video feed. And I've got no answers from DJI or any blogs. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
2015-9-18
Use props
Patob
New

United Kingdom

Geoff Charters Posted at 2015-9-19 02:21
I have just upgraded my firmware to these numbers and now have a blank screen - no video feed. And ...

As a new user..(had mine for 2 weeks)
i found that reinstalling the dji app refreshed things ..
2015-9-19
Use props
ArisMad
New

Greece

chrisnewton21@g Posted at 2015-9-16 07:43
Thirdeyepro, I had the exact same thing happen to me after the newest update. You described my exa ...

New FW will not solve your problem if the malfunction located at USB port/controller.
In order to confirm, try different pad/phone with android or IOs to see if functioning.
If not, is a fact that you need RC replacement/repair.
2015-10-23
Use props
thirdeyepro
lvl.1

United States

ArisMad Posted at 2015-9-12 08:11
Hi

Had the same problem and spend a few hours on forums and DJI support in order to define the pro ...

Yes I had to send in everything P3 Controller to DJI and the controller was bad for some odd reason. They where very good about it and I think it was there for 3 weeks. My P3 Pro works perfect now
2015-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules