RC Pro Initial Setup Network issues
693 22 2023-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

Good Day All,

I'm coming to you in need of the utmost assistance! First time owner and I'm at a loss at what to do and can't find any resolution to my problem. I recently purchased DJI Mavic 3 Pro Fly More set. Super excited to learn to fly and astonished at the beauty of the drone and that's were the excitment stops. I go through all the steps needed to get the drone going...so I thought. Both RC and Drone were updated to current firmware via assistant 2. Turned on drone all is well, then I turn on the RC and go through the promps. Then it gets to the Wifi screen, so I slide the button over to find networks and hit the scan button. But to my surprise nothing was found, so I reset the network and ensured everything was open so it could be found. Tried it again and still nothing. So I tried using a hotspot on phone and again, nothing. I've driven around to different locations trying to use public wifi and still get nothing when I have the wifi on and scan.

Please help!!!! As this situation is slowing down the enjoyment I know I'm going to have.

I will upload pictures shortly.
2023-11-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Pull down twice from the top of the screen. Long press the WIFI icon. This will show networks. Then choose and connect.
2023-11-28
Use props
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

2023-11-28
Use props
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-28 10:37
Pull down twice from the top of the screen. Long press the WIFI icon. This will show networks. Then choose and connect.

I've tried the double finger pulldown and nothing, if I can somehow get it to work i'll let you know. I've attached where I'm stuck at. Thanks for the suggestions
2023-11-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Have you tried tapping "Add Network"?
2023-11-28
Use props
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-28 11:46
Have you tried tapping "Add Network"?

Yeah, I've tried that and it just ask for the network name and password. Still can't find anything to connect to. I've been wondering if I have a shot wifi card or not in this RC.
2023-11-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

SteelCityFlo Posted at 11-28 11:48
Yeah, I've tried that and it just ask for the network name and password. Still can't find anything to connect to. I've been wondering if I have a shot wifi card or not in this RC.

Does your phone show networks at this location?
2023-11-28
Use props
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-28 12:23
Does your phone show networks at this location?

Yeah, I'm connected to the networks myself at this location. My home, so I'm really dumbfounded by this and would much rather not have to send back a new controller without ever getting in my first flight.
2023-11-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I'm just going through the simple steps. Is your network discoverable.
2023-11-28
Use props
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

Everything seems fine, but maybe I'm missing something
Screenshot_20231128_163546_Settings.jpg
2023-11-28
Use props
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-28 12:46
I'm just going through the simple steps. Is your network discoverable.

Just posted a picture of my wifi, got home from work todat and did a hard reset on everything. Still nothing at all after reestablishing it.
2023-11-28
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13440348 ft
  • >>>
United States

SteelCityFlo Posted at 11-28 14:44
Just posted a picture of my wifi, got home from work todat and did a hard reset on everything. Still nothing at all after reestablishing it.

Can you see any Bluetooth devices? If so, try Bluetooth tethering from your phone. It may be slow but it'll get you up and running at least. If you have a USB-C to ethernet adapter you can also receive an internet connection that way. These are two temporary possible work arounds. It honestly sounds like your WiFi card is fried or maybe an antenna connector came unplugged internally.  
2023-11-28
Use props
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 11-28 16:00
Can you see any Bluetooth devices? If so, try Bluetooth tethering from your phone. It may be slow but it'll get you up and running at least. If you have a USB-C to ethernet adapter you can also receive an internet connection that way. These are two temporary possible work arounds. It honestly sounds like your WiFi card is fried or maybe an antenna connector came unplugged internally.

Thank you! I'll definitely try these options out and report back. Im gonna get a t6 driver and open itnto see if anything is loose.
2023-11-28
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

SteelCityFlo Posted at 11-28 16:09
Thank you! I'll definitely try these options out and report back. Im gonna get a t6 driver and open itnto see if anything is loose.

They're a pain in the butt to crack open and it involves more than removing a few screws. You have to have a C clamp or a large vice to squeeze the RC from each side. DJI has a cover over some of the screws so they'll know if you removed screws and could void your warranty because of it.
2023-11-28
Use props
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 11-28 17:02
They're a pain in the butt to crack open and it involves more than removing a few screws. You have to have a C clamp or a large vice to squeeze the RC from each side. DJI has a cover over some of the screws so they'll know if you removed screws and could void your warranty because of it.

Well that's not fun at all! Guess I'll try the usb-c ethernet donggle first.
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you access the general settings of the DJI RC Pro? If yes, try to do a factory reset by Enter Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data(factory reset) then check if the issue persists. In addition, upon checking the firmware of your DJI RC Pro on the DJI Assistant 2 software, what firmware version is the DJI RC Pro using? Try to refresh the firmware of the remote controller. Please keep in mind that doing DIY repairs on the equipment may void the original warranty.  Please let us know the outcome of your attempt to use a USB-C ethernet dongle. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-28
Use props
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-28 20:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you access the general settings of the DJI RC Pro? If yes, try to do a factory reset by Enter Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data(factory reset) then check if the issue persists. In addition, upon checking the firmware of your DJI RC Pro on the DJI Assistant 2 software, what firmware version is the DJI RC Pro using? Try to refresh the firmware of the remote controller. Please keep in mind that doing DIY repairs on the equipment may void the original warranty.  Please let us know the outcome of your attempt to use a USB-C ethernet dongle. Thank you for your patience.

I have successfully used the usb-c connection to get past the initial setup!!! But now I'm trying to activate my drone through the DJI Fly app on the controller and it's stating I have no network connection even though I can use the internet on the controller. So frustrating this is happening. Also I'm on V03.02.0500 on the RC Pro, and also updated on the drone via the assistant app on my tablet. Lastly I have factory reset my controller two times now and it's always the same outcome. I also seem to be having an issue with turning the wifi on the controller. I turn it on and it automatically turns it's right back off. So I'm getting closer to getting this solved, but also seems like I'm taking two steps back. But ehh what's spending 4k on something and not getting to use it lol.
2023-11-29
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

Suggested try; Do you have the capability to use your phone as a hotspot? Try making the phone go into hotspot mode, then see if your controller sees the phone as a potential network connection. You may as well get used to using that setup, when you go into the field, you will want to tether you phone's hotspot to your controller to get maps and such real time. I do have issues with certain wifi setups with certain equipment. Phone Hotspots tend to be fairly generic and easy for the controllers to access.
2023-11-29
Use props
SteelCityFlo
lvl.1

United States

Dogpilot Posted at 11-29 22:11
Suggested try; Do you have the capability to use your phone as a hotspot? Try making the phone go into hotspot mode, then see if your controller sees the phone as a potential network connection. You may as well get used to using that setup, when you go into the field, you will want to tether you phone's hotspot to your controller to get maps and such real time. I do have issues with certain wifi setups with certain equipment. Phone Hotspots tend to be fairly generic and easy for the controllers to access.

I've done that as well, and well I can't even get my darn Wifi to stay turned on now on the RC Pro. I click the button to turn it on and then it shuts itself off. I'm at a complete loss as what to do or think??? I've been wondering if I have a bad/loose wifi adapter in the controller, but not able to tell because I don't want to open it void the warranty. I've contemplated getting the cellphone adapter and putting it in the RC
2023-11-29
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

You know, this is not a normal situation. The not being able to keep the wifi active. This would be the point I would contact service and get a repair done. My experiences with DJI service have actually been really good. They replaced both my Mavic 3T and the RC enterprise along with the RTK module immediately when I had an issue. Since you just bought the setup, I would get it replaced or serviced. Not to terribly difficult to get a service ticket started online on their web page.
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dogpilot Posted at 11-29 22:25
You know, this is not a normal situation. The not being able to keep the wifi active. This would be the point I would contact service and get a repair done. My experiences with DJI service have actually been really good. They replaced both my Mavic 3T and the RC enterprise along with the RTK module immediately when I had an issue. Since you just bought the setup, I would get it replaced or serviced. Not to terribly difficult to get a service ticket started online on their web page.

Hello, there. We do appreciate taking the time to your suggestions and experience with our service. Thank you for your great support!
2023-11-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

SteelCityFlo Posted at 11-29 20:50
I have successfully used the usb-c connection to get past the initial setup!!! But now I'm trying to activate my drone through the DJI Fly app on the controller and it's stating I have no network connection even though I can use the internet on the controller. So frustrating this is happening. Also I'm on V03.02.0500 on the RC Pro, and also updated on the drone via the assistant app on my tablet. Lastly I have factory reset my controller two times now and it's always the same outcome. I also seem to be having an issue with turning the wifi on the controller. I turn it on and it automatically turns it's right back off. So I'm getting closer to getting this solved, but also seems like I'm taking two steps back. But ehh what's spending 4k on something and not getting to use it lol.

Defiantly sounds like a bad WiFi card. If it was just a loose cable it wouldn't keep turning the WiFi back off automatically. I'd return it and let them send you a new RC.
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SteelCityFlo Posted at 11-29 20:50
I have successfully used the usb-c connection to get past the initial setup!!! But now I'm trying to activate my drone through the DJI Fly app on the controller and it's stating I have no network connection even though I can use the internet on the controller. So frustrating this is happening. Also I'm on V03.02.0500 on the RC Pro, and also updated on the drone via the assistant app on my tablet. Lastly I have factory reset my controller two times now and it's always the same outcome. I also seem to be having an issue with turning the wifi on the controller. I turn it on and it automatically turns it's right back off. So I'm getting closer to getting this solved, but also seems like I'm taking two steps back. But ehh what's spending 4k on something and not getting to use it lol.

We're sorry for this unpleasant experience. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may create a repair case at https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules