724 20 2023-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frandenrdennisfrantz.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4026 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not regularly post my opinion on social media but I feel compelled to comment on DJI’s baffling decision to deny software developers like Litchi and DroneLink, Software Development Kits for the Mavic 3 Pro. That policy is akin to Antonio Stradivari building his Stratovarius violins and then forbidding anyone to play his instruments. Just think what mesmerizing melodies we would have been denied.

DJI…if you are listening please change this perplexing policy.  The Mavic 3 Pro is one of your best products. No single company is good at everything. You are the best at building hardware. Not so great at writing the software. By sharing the Mavic series SDK’s, your product will shine ever brighter.

2023-11-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Bad analogy. I don't think Stradivari would want anyone changing his instrument. Yes the SDK would be nice. Yes, it was pledged by DJI and revoked.  
2023-11-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe the analogy isn't quite on point, but your observations certainly are.
2023-11-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI…if you are listening please change this perplexing policy.
DJI aren't listening.
Users have been urging DJI to reverse their decision ever since the Mavic 3 series was released, but DJI doesn't care what the users want or say.
2023-11-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice try.  It would be like Porsche releasing their car but not allowing anyone to drive them.  . Really, are we that desperate for the SDK?  . I think you just said it, no company is perfect.
2023-11-28
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 11-28 13:44
Nice try.  It would be like Porsche releasing their car but not allowing anyone to drive them.  . Really, are we that desperate for the SDK?  . I think you just said it, no company is perfect.

It's more like expecting Porsche to not only allow owners to mod their cars without losing the warranty, but also offering technical support to implement the mods. After all, people at the pub will only talk about the Porsche that blew up on track day was a Porsche, rather than who has done what to that Porsche.
2023-11-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Just a picture...

2023-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems they are also dropping support for most consumer drones going forward too now.  

From the SDK site - https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android-V5/issues/200

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We regret to inform you that in the future, the majority of consumer drones will no longer be compatible with the Software Development Kit (SDK). As a result, it is highly unlikely that the Mini 2SE will support the SDK. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
2023-11-29
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is a shame what DJI has done. Like we all know, DJI makes great hardware. No, they make the best hardware. Software on the other hand, it has become pitiful and continues to get worse. So how does DJI try to improve this? By taking away the ability for other developers to make up for DJI's lack of development. DJI has other companies improving their products at no charge but now they have taken this ability away and locked their drones into only using their crap software. Imagine if the Google Play Store or Apple's App store only had apps developed by those two companies exclusively. It would be pitiful. They allow third party software developers to contribute because it adds value to the hardware they sell. What does DJI not understand about this?
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there! We do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We completely understand that your experience with our DJI Mavic 3 Pro isn't that great due to missing features. However, please be ensured that we'll communicate your feedback to our relevant team for your attention. Thank you for your support.
2023-11-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-30 01:59
Hi, there! We do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We completely understand that your experience with our DJI Mavic 3 Pro isn't that great due to missing features. However, please be ensured that we'll communicate your feedback to our relevant team for your attention. Thank you for your support.

However, please be ensured that we'll communicate your feedback to our relevant team for your attention.
Great .. perhaps this time the outcome will be different from the last hundred times?

Why do you continue with the same copied and paste response?
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 11-29 07:49
It is a shame what DJI has done. Like we all know, DJI makes great hardware. No, they make the best hardware. Software on the other hand, it has become pitiful and continues to get worse. So how does DJI try to improve this? By taking away the ability for other developers to make up for DJI's lack of development. DJI has other companies improving their products at no charge but now they have taken this ability away and locked their drones into only using their crap software. Imagine if the Google Play Store or Apple's App store only had apps developed by those two companies exclusively. It would be pitiful. They allow third party software developers to contribute because it adds value to the hardware they sell. What does DJI not understand about this?

Hi, there! Thank you for sharing your insight and suggestions! We truly appreciate your feedback as it helps us understand our customer's needs better. At DJI, customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we strive to continually improve our products and services to meet and exceed your expectations. Rest assured, we will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to develop and innovate. If you have any other suggestions or questions, please feel free to let us know!
2023-11-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-30 02:18
Hi, there! Thank you for sharing your insight and suggestions! We truly appreciate your feedback as it helps us understand our customer's needs better. At DJI, customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we strive to continually improve our products and services to meet and exceed your expectations. Rest assured, we will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to develop and innovate. If you have any other suggestions or questions, please feel free to let us know!

Beautiful CTRL+V, CTRL+C.  Perfectly executed.  We feel all the experience and mastery.  

Would you be interested in a script to go faster?  Keyboard shortcuts with all the soup prepared by the DJI com team.  PM me if you want.
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Labroides Posted at 11-30 02:12
However, please be ensured that we'll communicate your feedback to our relevant team for your attention.
Great .. perhaps this time the outcome will be different from the last hundred times?

Hi, there. I appreciate your input. I understand that the response will not meet the demand in this situation. Although there are suggestions that may be challenging for us to apply in reality, please know that all suggestions matter to us, and we would like to help all users be heard by forwarding this to our respective team as DJI is open to any suggestions for improvement. Furthermore, it's evidently that there were some requests previously that have been added to our DJI products which users have been enjoying until today. Kindly know that we're always eager to improve our products to meet our customer's demands. We thank you for your great support.
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-30 02:34
Beautiful CTRL+V, CTRL+C.  Perfectly executed.  We feel all the experience and mastery.  

Would you be interested in a script to go faster?  Keyboard shortcuts with all the soup prepared by the DJI com team.  PM me if you want.

We truly respect your opinion on this matter. I apologize for not bringing the desired information regarding this matter. We're hoping to bring positive news for you in the near future. Thank you for your support!
2023-11-30
Use props
frandenrdennisfrantz.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4026 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-28 11:50
Bad analogy. I don't think Stradivari would want anyone changing his instrument. Yes the SDK would be nice. Yes, it was pledged by DJI and revoked.

Ok: so it’s like Antonio Stradivari building his best violin and then after selling it, denying the right to tune the instrument.
My point, of course, is DJI’s products look and preform better when they release the SDK’s to experts in software development.
2023-11-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-30 04:45
We truly respect your opinion on this matter. I apologize for not bringing the desired information regarding this matter. We're hoping to bring positive news for you in the near future. Thank you for your support!

Once again, nothing personal.  You do what the company's doctrine asks you to do.  

It's just that it's very annoying to read different messages each time for the same questions.  Very saccharine messages which revolve around the question without ever answering it.
2023-11-30
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-30 07:08
Once again, nothing personal.  You do what the company's doctrine asks you to do.  

It's just that it's very annoying to read different messages each time for the same questions.  Very saccharine messages which revolve around the question without ever answering it.

Why are you replying to the bot like if it was a person???

It's a clever learning software, not a real person....
2023-12-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Burt37 Posted at 12-3 02:45
Why are you replying to the bot like if it was a person???

It's a clever learning software, not a real person....

For the pleasure of reading your reaction.  

Sometimes it's no less enriching to chat with clever software rather than with a less clever human.

Dear customer, thank you for your interest in our products.  Your request will be examined and sent to the relevant team.  thanks for support.
2023-12-3
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely a shame. I haven't pulled thetrigger on any of te 3 series for this reason. That is the only reasoninf DJI does understand. You vote with your wallet. Not your mouth. Unforetunately it's the only action that works for corporate.
2023-12-3
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-3 05:11
For the pleasure of reading your reaction.  

Sometimes it's no less enriching to chat with clever software rather than with a less clever human.

Yeah... Nah... I don't buy that...

"Beautiful CTRL+V, CTRL+C.  Perfectly executed.  We feel all the experience and mastery.  

Would you be interested in a script to go faster?  Keyboard shortcuts with all the soup prepared by the DJI com team.  PM me if you want."

"Once again, nothing personal.  You do what the company's doctrine asks you to do.  

It's just that it's very annoying to read different messages each time for the same questions.  Very saccharine messages which revolve around the question without ever answering it."

But you are right... It is highly entertaining...   I guess you found each other...
2023-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules