709 6 2023-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnjoyUrLifeTV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122375 ft
Germany

Hi,
i want to order and use the DJI Mic with my OA4, mount the receiver on the Smallrig cage's cold shoe and connect it with a cable to the cam. Now if I wanna start recording, do I always have to switch on the mic AND the receiver AND then the cam? A minimum of 6 buttons pressed for every short clip on my hiking trip? Sounds really painful! Or is it only the mic and the cam since the receiver somehow switches on automatically? Would be much better

Greetings
2023-11-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

A4 has a 15 minute /standby mode, the Mics do not have a Auto on with the camera.
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the DJI Osmo Action with the DJI Mic, when you start the recording, it is always recommended to turn on the device to make use of it. Please note that the DJI Mic has settings for "Auto Record" and once enabled, the transmitter will automatically start internal recording when powered on. For more information on how to use the DJI Mic, please refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/mic/video
2023-11-30
Use props
EnjoyUrLifeTV
lvl.3
Germany

Thank you both. My questions were only partly answered, tho.

#1 So I always have to turn on/off receiver AND mic, meaning 6 times a button pressed for every clip at minimum?
#2 Are you saying Paladin, that turning on the cam and then hitting record is better than using the "Auto record" function? I cant make sense of your reply really. That would be a minimum of 8 times a button pressed then.
#4 Would it maybe be better to just leave mic/receiver on? Considering that I will make clips in a time frame of lets say 10-12 hours (mainly idle, short clip here and there), will the batteries last that long?
#5 Does the receiver charge when plugged to the cam? If so, does that also work while connecting via a cable? Which cable is recommended then, if not included?

I am a bit mindblown that THE most logical combo, cam with mics, both DJI, dont work together better.
2023-12-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the camera does not have the capability of turning automatically on the DJI mic,
2023-12-1
Use props
EnjoyUrLifeTV
lvl.3
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 12-1 04:00
the camera does not have the capability of turning automatically on the DJI mic,

Was not any of my questions
2023-12-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

you wanted to  have the Mic auto start with the OA4, not possible , what I read.
1 turn camera on.
2 turn Rx one
3 turn Tx or tx's on
4 Hit record
done

2023-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules