Mavic 2 Pro Remote ID Oddness
1453 7 2023-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
205Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 565801 ft
United States

I updated my Mavic 2 Pro to the latest firmware, as well as my DJI GO 4 app on my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

I have several weird things going on.

1) Error, but, uhhhh, no error?
On the main screen, it says, "Remote ID error." I press on that to look at the error and it says it's functioning normally. Sooo, huh?

DJI-1.jpg

2) Once in flight for a bit, I can see the drone when searching for WiFi sometimes:
It's inconsistent. Sometimes, I see it and sometimes, I don't. It's not a distance thing as it's only at maybe 20 ft above ground.

DJI-wifi.jpg

3) RID Shows / Doesn't Show
When I look at the RID before flying, I can see the RID number. (left)
Once I go into flight, it disappears. Where'd it go? (right)

DJI3.jpg

2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Kindly please try to connect again your aircraft to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please refresh the latest firmware version. After that, please back up all necessary files and sync all your flight records and please reinstall the DJI Go 4 app on your mobile device then check if the issue persists. If yes, please provide us a screen recording showing the behavior so we can further check it. We will wait for your response. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-11-30
Use props
205Drone
lvl.1
United States

I used the app on my PC to ensure a fresh firmware and recalibrated everything. I deleted DJI GO 4 from my phone, reinstalled it, repaired it, and tested again. I still have the same problem. RID is there until I fly, then it disappears until I'm landed again.

It's also not showing up when I look for it in wifi settings.

I hope the video helps

2023-12-1
Use props
205Drone
lvl.1
United States

205Drone Posted at 12-1 12:15
I used the app on my PC to ensure a fresh firmware and recalibrated everything. I deleted DJI GO 4 from my phone, reinstalled it, repaired it, and tested again. I still have the same problem. RID is there until I fly, then it disappears until I'm landed again.

It's also not showing up when I look for it in wifi settings.

Knock knock
2023-12-4
Use props
205Drone
lvl.1
United States

Hello? Can anyone please reply?
2023-12-6
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Have you tried to take off outdoors with it?
Maybe because you have no GPS Remote ID deactivates on takeoff.
2023-12-6
Use props
205Drone
lvl.1
United States

I tested outside and the RID intermittently shows up on my phone's WiFi. So, I guess it's working?
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

205Drone Posted at 12-11 10:37
I tested outside and the RID intermittently shows up on my phone's WiFi. So, I guess it's working?

Hi there. Yes, once the remote ID appears in the "Available Networks" under the WLAN on your mobile device, it indicates that the Remote ID is broadcasting properly. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules