752 26 2023-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndreaDolomites
lvl.1

Italy

Hi community

Unfortunately, after many flights,
I noticed that all my videos always have a blur in the same point, precisely on the right side.

I tried putting an ND4 filter to see if it solved the problem but unfortunately I had no success.

Do any of you have this problem?

Have you solved it?

thanks to those who answer me

2023-11-30
Use props
AndreaDolomites
lvl.1

Italy

2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Sorry for having issues. May you please confirm the DJI drone you referred to having issues with the videos? Also, could you please upload the original videos via Google Drive or Dropbox? Just send the viewable link. Looking forward to help. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-30
Use props
AndreaDolomites
lvl.1

Italy

Hi Diana,
my drone is Mavic 3 classic.
Where should I share the link to the video?
Will do it as sopn as i get your feedback
Thanks and have a good day!
2023-12-3
Use props
AndreaDolomites
lvl.1

Italy

Here is my link.
All videos have the same problem. I tried using an ND4 filter but it didn't solve the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fZ6d2G-8oe85FzwnhWIG9LbSP1puCS6_/view?usp=drive_link
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

AndreaDolomites Posted at 12-3 10:20
Here is my link.
All videos have the same problem. I tried using an ND4 filter but it didn't solve the problem.

Thank you for providing this information. I'll forward this to our relevant team for further assistance. I'll keep you posted once I hear back from them. Thank you for your patience.
2023-12-3
Use props
AndreaDolomites
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 12-3 15:29
Thank you for providing this information. I'll forward this to our relevant team for further assistance. I'll keep you posted once I hear back from them. Thank you for your patience.

thank you so much Diana.
you are very kind.
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

AndreaDolomites Posted at 12-4 04:01
thank you so much Diana.
you are very kind.

You're welcome. I sent you a direct message for an update on this. Kindly check. Thank you, and have a great day!
2023-12-4
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 532946 ft
Canada

Just curious if the issue was solved.
I have exactly the same problem with my Mini 4 Pro, I sent it to be serviced and they cannot recreate the issue on their end. So, after a few weeks it's coming back without being repaired
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ZTurtleStudio Posted at 12-11 15:15
Just curious if the issue was solved.
I have exactly the same problem with my Mini 4 Pro, I sent it to be serviced and they cannot recreate the issue on their end. So, after a few weeks it's coming back without being repaired

Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered, I am able to get your case number in our system. I will double-check with the local team, I will keep you updated.
2023-12-11
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 12-11 17:56
Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered, I am able to get your case number in our system. I will double-check with the local team, I will keep you updated.

Hi Susan,
I just got it back. I'll check it and if the issue shows up again I'll reach out.
Thanks
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ZTurtleStudio Posted at 12-13 09:04
Hi Susan,
I just got it back. I'll check it and if the issue shows up again I'll reach out.
Thanks

Hi, there. We will wait for your feedback. Please keep us updated.
2023-12-13
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-13 20:23
Hi, there. We will wait for your feedback. Please keep us updated.

Hi there,

the drone came back with the same issues becausee they could not reproduce the problem.
Someone from the DJI customer service called me a 3 of days ago and said that the tech team will be in touch within 24h.
I still haven't receive their call but I guess because it's the holidays it may take a few extra days to get back to me.

If nobody calls I'll let you know here.

Thanks
2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ZTurtleStudio Posted at 12-24 09:28
Hi there,

the drone came back with the same issues becausee they could not reproduce the problem.

Sorry for the late reply. May we know if anyone called you back?
2023-12-25
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-25 05:49
Sorry for the late reply. May we know if anyone called you back?

Hi,
nobody called back yet
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ZTurtleStudio Posted at 12-25 07:35
Hi,
nobody called back yet

I am sorry for the inconvenience. For the previous case, I received feedback from the engineers. They mentioned that if the blurry parts only happen on the edge of the photo, it is normal.
In AFS mode, when tapping the target on the screen, the priority is given to ensure that the position is in the best focal plane, and thus the resolution of other peripheral positions may be slightly poorer at this time.
The deviation may be more obvious in DJI Mini 4 Pro lens due to larger aperture and shallower depth of field. We recommend choosing the central position for focusing to balance the resolution of the peripheral positions of the view. Or you may try to tap the screen to the blurry part to set the focus point to that position to see if it will be clearer. Please keep us updated.
Regarding the callback, we will also confirm with the corresponding team, it may be delayed due to holiday, sorry for the inconveneince.
2023-12-25
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 12-25 19:02
I am sorry for the inconvenience. For the previous case, I received feedback from the engineers. They mentioned that if the blurry parts only happen on the edge of the photo, it is normal.
In AFS mode, when tapping the target on the screen, the priority is given to ensure that the position is in the best focal plane, and thus the resolution of other peripheral positions may be slightly poorer at this time.
The deviation may be more obvious in DJI Mini 4 Pro lens due to larger aperture and shallower depth of field. We recommend choosing the central position for focusing to balance the resolution of the peripheral positions of the view. Or you may try to tap the screen to the blurry part to set the focus point to that position to see if it will be clearer. Please keep us updated.

I received this reply in the past already.
This is not the issue I am experiencing.
Part of the image is out of focus, not only the edges. The same area in the other side of the image is sharp.
This is often visible if you have a subject and a background.
let's say you have a person in focus and a building behind that is parallel to the aircraft. The building behind is sharp on the left and out of focus on the right even if the distance of the whole building is the same on both sides of the image.
See attached images.
Compare left and right side of the images, they are at the same distance from the drone but the right side is out of focus.

2023-12-26
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

Here the issue is even more visible.
This is the 3rd time I go through this process to show the issue. It's not due to the wide lens or the aperture, the left and right side should have the same level of focus for objects that are at the same distance.

2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ZTurtleStudio Posted at 12-26 09:04
I received this reply in the past already.
This is not the issue I am experiencing.
Part of the image is out of focus, not only the edges. The same area in the other side of the image is sharp.

Thank you for your reply, just to double verify, would you mind tapping the focus to let the camera focus on the right side to see if it is still blurry?
2023-12-27
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 12-27 05:45
Thank you for your reply, just to double verify, would you mind tapping the focus to let the camera focus on the right side to see if it is still blurry?

Sure I'll give it a try.
It will be rainy for a few days here so it may take a few days to get back to you
2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ZTurtleStudio Posted at 12-27 07:15
Sure I'll give it a try.
It will be rainy for a few days here so it may take a few days to get back to you

Sure. You could test then and keep us update. Thanks.
2023-12-27
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2023-12-27 16:54
Sure. You could test then and keep us update. Thanks.

Hi,
I have done some testing, see attached images.
Please note that the out of focus area is not peripheral but takes a big areas and is uneven in the 4 quadrants of the image.

This is after tapping in the middle of the screen to autofocus. The left side is blurry.

This is after tapping to the left side to autofocus, the right side is blurry.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... f8/view?usp=sharing

This is after tapping the focus on me. The top right and bottom left quadrants are blurry.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... BL/view?usp=sharing

This is after focusing on the right side. The left side is completely blurry and right sharp. The 2 areas are at the same distance from the drone and should have the same level of focus.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hIyBiMCjVn1XUB0qCiW5I_J06z-vC5ym/view?usp=sharing

This is another example of focus on me. The top right side wen blurry, left side is all ok.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Nd/view?usp=sharing

1-3 10:53
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

I have plenty of other example from pretty much any video I took but I wanted to share fresh images and test the autofocus.
I screen recorder the RC2 so I also have that to prove that I was tapping for autofocus if these images are not enough.

This one is probably the worst. I'm closer to the drone and obviously the background is softer but there is a huge difference between left and right. Compare the ground, the toilets and the trees on each side.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H4NNzM49EWYU_hGdf_8TnRxvvtFzr9Nd/view?usp=sharing

1-3 11:03
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

Hello, any admin that could look into this?
Thanks
1-9 13:54
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ZTurtleStudio Posted at 1-9 13:54
Hello, any admin that could look into this?
Thanks

Hi there, I am deeply sorry for overlooking your update! I had forwarded your pictures to the engineers.
And we may need further information if it is convenient.

Please confirm the temperature of your area, and export the aircraft log for us to investigate it further. You can refer to Exporting Flight Logs here.

Besides, just to double confirm, may I know if the files provided on 22# are the screenshots of the DJI RC 2, or they are the original pictures exported from the aircraft? Could you please upload one or two original and unedited samples as well? Thank you very much.
1-10 02:13
Use props
ZTurtleStudio
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 1-10 02:13
Hi there, I am deeply sorry for overlooking your update! I had forwarded your pictures to the engineers.
And we may need further information if it is convenient.

Hi Susan,
no worries.

In the meantime the customer service (I guess) had contacted me to follow up on the warranty request and they already asked me to send them all the originals.
The engineers are already looking into that, so no need to address the same issue here at this point.

I'll post future updates here for posterity.

Thanks
1-12 15:24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ZTurtleStudio Posted at 1-12 15:24
Hi Susan,
no worries.

I see, thank you for your update. Please feel free to let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with on my end, I am happy to help.
1-12 17:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules