1449 14 2023-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

HI,
I'm a Mini 3 pro user with the RC, but the my RC has a horrible battery span. Has anyone out there made a battey extension, or some kind of extra battery you can attach to the RC?
thanks for the help

2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The operating time of the DJI RC with a fully charged battery is approximately 4 hours. You may use a portable power bank and charged the DJI RC while using as it supports this function to extend the battery life. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your valued support.
2023-11-30
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

What do you mean by "horrible" ? How many Flights/drone batteries do you go through on a full charge on the RC? Are you constantly screen recording or something?
2023-12-1
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-30 21:24
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The operating time of the DJI RC with a fully charged battery is approximately 4 hours. You may use a portable power bank and charged the DJI RC while using as it supports this function to extend the battery life. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your valued support.

4 hours? mine lasts 45 minutes, at best
2023-12-1
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

jmb63 Posted at 12-1 06:40
What do you mean by "horrible" ? How many Flights/drone batteries do you go through on a full charge on the RC? Are you constantly screen recording or something?

The battery lasts 45 minutes at most, not screen recording or anything.
2023-12-1
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-1 12:55
Your RC must have a weak battery.  With the screen set to Max brightness my DJI RC last 4 full Plus battery flights with more to spare.

Can i send it in to dji as a flawed product? or is there any way to replace the batterys?
2023-12-1
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-1 15:12
If it is still under warranty & you are only getting 45 minutes runtime you could make a warranty claim request.  If it is out of warranty DJI offers a repair service.  They will charge you the price of the battery plus a service charge, which I believe is $65.  Alternatively you could perform the repair yourself, if you find the proper replacement batteries, & if are competent in your repair skills.  The DJI RC is easier to open than many other DJI RCs.  4 screws, a spudger, & a bit of patience will get you into the shell.  The Mavic Pro/Mavic 2 style RCs were tricky & can be difficult to open with braking tabs or defacing the shell.  The batteries are electronically welded to the power leads, which is another hurdle if you don't have equipment to properly reconnect the replacement cells.  I will attach a video on opening the DJI RC.

Personally I would just send it off to DJI & let them do the repair.  No stress or worries about finding batteries, damaging, or defacing your RC.  Pay the fee & you are good to go.  Be advised you will NOT receive back your original RC.  You will receive back a new or like-new replacement.  Just bind it to your RC & you are up & running.

Thanks for the info. I drained the batterys to 0 %, and the  took apart the RC just to look around, I detached the batterys and then hooked them back up, and the batterys showed 65 %. Im going to take a test flight and make sure I didn't miss anything up, and I haven't charged the batterys since I took it apart.
2023-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 12-1 10:37
The battery lasts 45 minutes at most, not screen recording or anything.

Thats really not right Potato,   I easily get 4 hours from mine.    Could you have a bad SD card in there?
2023-12-2
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I would send it for replacement to DJI definitely.
Not a good thing that you opened it while it was on warranty.
2023-12-2
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 12-2 05:05
I would send it for replacement to DJI definitely.
Not a good thing that you opened it while it was on warranty.

How long does the warranty last? Look at post 9
2023-12-2
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-2 02:17
Thats really not right Potato,   I easily get 4 hours from mine.    Could you have a bad SD card in there?

I have a lexar 128 Gig in my Rc and my mini 3 pro. I found out something really weird though yesterday. Look at post 9.
2023-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 12-2 10:03
I have a lexar 128 Gig in my Rc and my mini 3 pro. I found out something really weird though yesterday. Look at post 9.

Sounds like something isn't right,  Id be tempted to return it.
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Potato mini Posted at 12-1 15:24
Thanks for the info. I drained the batterys to 0 %, and the  took apart the RC just to look around, I detached the batterys and then hooked them back up, and the batterys showed 65 %. Im going to take a test flight and make sure I didn't miss anything up, and I haven't charged the batterys since I took it apart.

Hi, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI RC via the DJI Assistant 2 or simply visit this link.  After refreshing the firmware, please try to check the performance of your DJI RC again. If the situation remains, you may consider sending your product for proper inspection via this link: Online Repair Process I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-12-3
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-3 03:52
Sounds like something isn't right,  Id be tempted to return it.

It seems to be working great now, so I guess I'm just going to wait and see if the problem returns
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Potato mini Posted at 12-3 09:02
It seems to be working great now, so I guess I'm just going to wait and see if the problem returns

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that the issue is now being isolated. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules