RGB Coloring LIDAR data Failed on DJI Terra
591 12 2023-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lordi
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hello,

I have 10 mission of DJI Matrice 300 RTK with Zenmuse L1 data and using DJI Terra latest release (3.9.4)
when I run single mission it will run perfectly on each mission, but when I try to combine all 10 mission in one single project on dji terra, I got weird result,
all process result in complete processing notification but in the RGB coloring tab, the result is chopped, not full area displayed.

this is chopped rgb:

but the lidar data seems normal, see below:

but the overall lidar process on dji terra is success. no error notification and error log appeared.

2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for bringing out this issue. We forwarded to our engineer team to check. Once we get any result, we will update you as soon as possible.
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, after checking, may I know whether there are visible light photos in each L1 task folder? If there is a folder without visible light photos, the coloring will not occur. Please help to confirm, thanks.
2023-12-3
Use props
lordi
lvl.1
Indonesia

there are photos on each folder of mission, because when I run each mission individually, the coloring appeared... I also double check each folder to make sure
as I said before, this is 10 mission that I try to process all in one run in DJI TERRA
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

lordi Posted at 12-6 01:04
there are photos on each folder of mission, because when I run each mission individually, the coloring appeared... I also double check each folder to make sure
as I said before, this is 10 mission that I try to process all in one run in DJI TERRA

If there are photos in each folder, please provide us the original data and we will further test it with our engineer team. Looking forward to your reply!
2023-12-6
Use props
lordi
lvl.1
Indonesia

if I sent all the original data then it takes 50GB of storage, and I dont know how to upload it,
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

lordi Posted at 12-6 18:48
if I sent all the original data then it takes 50GB of storage, and I dont know how to upload it,

Understood. Please no worries. You could just provide us the missing part only to analyse.
2023-12-6
Use props
lordi
lvl.1
Indonesia

can i Just sent you the photo part? not the lidar data? each project takes 4 GB in size,
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

lordi Posted at 12-7 18:38
can i Just sent you the photo part? not the lidar data? each project takes 4 GB in size,

Hi there, we need the orginal data to find out the issue. You could upload to a sharedrive and share us the link, thanks.
2023-12-10
Use props
djiuser_rUxTM5QfZesd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3559852 ft
Sweden

@djithor

Hi. What is the result of your investigation? Today i tried to process data from my L2 captured with M350.

I get the same result, but no rgb at all. Normaly, when adding folder, you can see at the right bottom above the "processing" Button.

The process doesnt add the pictures at all, just the point cloud. No fault, it says process complete.
1-8 08:42
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_rUxTM5QfZesd Posted at 1-8 08:42
@djithor

Hi. What is the result of your investigation? Today i tried to process data from my L2 captured with M350.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Sorry that we did not hear from lordi previously.

If it is convenient for you, you could provide us the related original data, and we will check with our engineers. Thanks.
1-9 06:27
Use props
lordi
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 2023-12-10 18:48
Hi there, we need the orginal data to find out the issue. You could upload to a sharedrive and share us the link, thanks.

hello sorry for long delay,
ive been busy in the last year doing some lidar surveying

yesterday I saw new version DJI Terra, which is DJI Terra 4.0.0

Update my software and try to re-run my project, and surprisingly, the bug has been gone

really nice, now all displayed correctly
note: sorry I cant share the project, my supervisor said thats classified, since its our office project

but now the bug already solved in version 4.0.0

on side note, I think its better if DJI Terra has complete log, on what happen during the process, just like i saw on other software (pix4dmapper), so user can mitigate the cause if get the peculiar result, IMHO

1-19 17:58
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

lordi Posted at 1-19 17:58
hello sorry for long delay,
ive been busy in the last year doing some lidar surveying

Hi lordi, we are glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Also appreciated your feedback and we will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-19 23:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules