Drone Modifications
571 5 2023-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MinimalistGuy
lvl.1

United States

Hey, Im new here and I was wondering if anyone else had drone modifications added. I've done a couple of drone modifications over the years, with my latest one being a beacon added to it, and Im a coder, and i've coded an 15x15 bicopter to go ahead and determine whether or not the drone is low on battery and pick it up in is cargo spot. Anyone else done this?  Asking for a friend.
2023-12-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12516775 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have a friend, he put stickers on his drone, so nice modification when you see his drone.
Writing for a friend.
2023-12-1
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834656 ft
United States

A very close friend of mine, so close I hear the voice in my head, attaches many things to his drones. From mundane to, "ok, that's weird." A GoPro Mini. For upward looking video. Works a-ok on the M3, not so well on the M3pro due to CG challenges. For the geo research projects, a Geiger counter and a high blue laser to cause fossils to fluoresce. Works ok in quarries and rock walls in the dark, while using goggles. Arduino based Geiger counter in a similar fashion to detect uranium in the groundwater is specific layers. Oh, and some cool stickers as well. Made from reflective tape, so the beastly drone can be found at night.
2023-12-1
Use props
MinimalistGuy
lvl.1

United States

Dogpilot Posted at 12-1 10:32
A very close friend of mine, so close I hear the voice in my head, attaches many things to his drones. From mundane to, "ok, that's weird." A GoPro Mini. For upward looking video. Works a-ok on the M3, not so well on the M3pro due to CG challenges. For the geo research projects, a Geiger counter and a high blue laser to cause fossils to fluoresce. Works ok in quarries and rock walls in the dark, while using goggles. Arduino based Geiger counter in a similar fashion to detect uranium in the groundwater is specific layers. Oh, and some cool stickers as well. Made from reflective tape, so the beastly drone can be found at night.

That looks actually really cool, but is it legal?
2023-12-1
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13538875 ft
  • >>>
United States

A friend of mine extracted and cracked the firmware's asymmetric encryption keys for the Mavic 3 firmware .bin file. They then reverse engineered the callback protocol and implemented DJI's payload SDK integration kit onto the consumer Mavic's unused WiFi 6 radio spectrum for payload control. Now he can operate the drone all through various API calls over a command line interface on his IBM ThinkPad 700C.  Or maybe it was a 700T..? I can't recall.
2023-12-1
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834656 ft
United States

Actually, he says nothing wrong with any of it. Especially since much is only used inside the pits at mines and not necessarily in the USA. The laser only works within a couple meters of a vertical surface. Same goes for the Geiger counter, any further, you have no discrimination.
2023-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules