Gimbal not working after crash
1071 10 2023-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uzqqCYigCSJe
lvl.1
Lebanon

I crashed the drone directly on the wall on front of the drone. Replaced the propllers. The only thing that isnt working is the gimbal. It wont turn on even when I start the drone. physically in looks near perfect. however, when I tilt it up and down it is stiff to move than before. I even tried to calibrate the gimbal. nothing worked. And please, no one suggest sending it to the dji repair service because I cant cause financial problems and because my country has no official repair service. I want some help to make it work again and to detect the current problem! also when I turn on the drone, it flies perfectly and the camera is fully functional. also, I tried to even use a foam to hold the gimbal to not rotate when flying(at least to shoot something and not make it fully useless) but the video is super jello-like when flying and in the air
2023-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Time to send it in to DJI for diagnosis and repair.  
2023-12-1
Use props
djiuser_uzqqCYigCSJe
lvl.1
Lebanon

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-1 12:48
Time to send it in to DJI for diagnosis and repair.

Thanks for the suggestion. but I mentioned above the I cant for 2 reasons. read them
2023-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_uzqqCYigCSJe Posted at 12-1 13:05
Thanks for the suggestion. but I mentioned above the I cant for 2 reasons. read them

My apologies....I missed that as I scanned through.  Only other recourse would be a DIY project and might be hard to find the parts needed.
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the mishap that happened. We encourage you to send your aircraft for proper inspection and repair. If you wish to send the drone in service, you may use this link. Rest assured your case will be handled accordingly.
2023-12-1
Use props
rdsb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236230 ft
France

Hello,
You write something is stiff when moving the gimbal. Can you compare with another Air3 ?
Maybe some axes are bent, or maybe some axes are no more in place, or maybe some bearings are broken.
Because you cannot send your drone for repair, you can remove the bearings side covers : you might see something wrong.

Tilting my Air3 gimbal up/down  : it really moves freely.

Good luck !
2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_uzqqCYigCSJe
lvl.1
Lebanon

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-1 13:46
My apologies....I missed that as I scanned through.  Only other recourse would be a DIY project and might be hard to find the parts needed.

No worries, yes the parts are hard to find
2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_uzqqCYigCSJe
lvl.1
Lebanon

rdsb Posted at 12-2 00:02
Hello,
You write something is stiff when moving the gimbal. Can you compare with another Air3 ?
Maybe some axes are bent, or maybe some axes are no more in place, or maybe some bearings are broken.

It was moving like butter before but now it is very stiff. Does anyone suggest how I can make a DIY shock/vibration mount for the camera? since when shooting the footage is super super jello like. wobbly
2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_uzqqCYigCSJe
lvl.1
Lebanon

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-1 22:58
Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the mishap that happened. We encourage you to send your aircraft for proper inspection and repair. If you wish to send the drone in service, you may use this link. Rest assured your case will be handled accordingly.

Consider, Theoretically. The gimbal needs to be replaced(the camera is working) only the gimbal. how much averagely, a close number, it could cost
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_uzqqCYigCSJe Posted at 12-2 02:52
Consider, Theoretically. The gimbal needs to be replaced(the camera is working) only the gimbal. how much averagely, a close number, it could cost

Thank you for responding. It's unfortunate to inform you that we don't have a reference available for the DJI Air 3 at the moment. Usually, this information can be checked through this link. However, rest assured that you will be notified regarding the update of your repair including the quotation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_xpdnzv5y8AcG
lvl.1

India

Hi All, I too crashed my DJI Mini 2. I tried but did not get a DJI authorized Service Center nearby. So I started on it myself... Here is what I did and eventually how I repaired my drone

Mini 2 repair Part 1 - https://youtu.be/sFecB9I6GFg
Mini 2 repair Part 2 - https://youtu.be/CWJVSu3PIHM
Mini 2 repair Part 3 - https://youtu.be/T5qyRwP8Upc
Mini 2 repair Part 4 - https://youtu.be/4YNAn8FELq0
Mini 2 repair Part 4 - https://youtu.be/s8-IuVaXb0o

Hope this helps
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules