601 18 2023-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why does DJI love to distract us so much with countless distracting notifications before, after and during flight? I've noticed recently that the option to format an SD card seems to be either moved or taken away. The SD card works fine and shows no signs of issue besides the relentless notification in the corner. DJI, for the love of God please let us dismiss notifications so we can concentrate on the flight. It's not just this one but so many others are like this.
2023-12-5
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I routinely format SD cards without issue and the only notification I've seen lately is for high winds and it dismisses itself. Maybe you have something going on, but I can't imagine what. Good luck.
2023-12-10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 12-10 07:26
I routinely format SD cards without issue and the only notification I've seen lately is for high winds and it dismisses itself. Maybe you have something going on, but I can't imagine what. Good luck.

Do you format them while in the M3E? I used to do this pretty often too but no longer have that option in the settings.
2023-12-10
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I always format them in the M3E.
2023-12-10
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scroll to the last menu item under camera settings.
2023-12-10
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Had to go old school since the controller will not screenshot with a menu open.
2023-12-10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 12-10 07:47
Had to go old school since the controller will not screenshot with a menu open.
[view_image]

That's what I did in the video above and it's not there any longer.

2023-12-10
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I got nothing then. Maybe, refresh all the firmware.
2023-12-10
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

I had the same thing come up, took me forever to find the format option. They seem to move it about between early versions and the present. It is also not consistent with the consumer drones. Anyhow, back to this. I did format out of the drone, mainly since I could not, for the life of me, find the option. Then, after formatting, some time later I came across the option by accident. Or did it just decide to reappear? Who knows.
2023-12-10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 12-10 09:58
I had the same thing come up, took me forever to find the format option. They seem to move it about between early versions and the present. It is also not consistent with the consumer drones. Anyhow, back to this. I did format out of the drone, mainly since I could not, for the life of me, find the option. Then, after formatting, some time later I came across the option by accident. Or did it just decide to reappear? Who knows.

I thought maybe it was the SD card that was causing the problem. Because it had been in a Raspberry Pi previously and they partition the card a lot differently and I thought maybe this just confused the drone. Even with other cards though it is still missing for me. I guess I'll just refresh the firmware and see. I wish the M3E would gain a few new features, not randomly take the few we have away like this.
2023-12-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think they took this feature away.  You have something going on specific to that card.  
2023-12-10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 12-10 18:13
I don't think they took this feature away.  You have something going on specific to that card.

Probably so. It's strange that it was still able to be used and save an entire dataset to perfectly fine. It was one of these here at first and then continued to be missing with other cards too.
2023-12-10
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-10 18:20
Probably so. It's strange that it was still able to be used and save an entire dataset to perfectly fine. It was one of these here at first and then continued to be missing with other cards too.
[view_image]

Well there’s your problem! That card is WAY too enormous; should be the size of your fingernail. Surprised it fit in the drone!
2023-12-10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I refreshed firmware, put in a different card (that also works perfectly fine) and still have no format option.

2023-12-11
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
United States

Now, not sure, but it seems your on the Camera icon, right? If you select the three dots (...) then this menu comes up and you must scroll way down to the bottom before it shows. I just re-formatted a card with it.

2023-12-11
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 12-11 20:40
Now, not sure, but it seems your on the Camera icon, right? If you select the three dots (...) then this menu comes up and you must scroll way down to the bottom before it shows. I just re-formatted a card with it.

[view_image]

If you look at the 4 second mark in the above video you can see that's exactly where I am. I try to keep scrolling down but there's nothing below the Reset Camera Settings option.
2023-12-12
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I can't think of anything else to do but contact support and send it in for replacement.
2023-12-12
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
United States

What a dufus, I did not realize it was a video. I had put a new high capacity card in my 3E and it prompted me to format card as could not access it. I had to poke around to get it formatted to work. It was there for me, so something is up with yours for sure and it most likely is in the drone itself, but could be in the RC if it is a software glitch. But then again you said you refreshed the firmware. So there could be something amiss in the card reader installed on the drone. If one of the signal lines does not show up to the processor, it will not show it accessible for formatting and not light up the option. Speculation aside, yes I think you have a hardware issue, most likely on the drone itself. The reader problem shows up on cameras as well, and the drone is essentially a flying camera.
2023-12-12
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Easy DJI admins... not all at once.

People here report a problem they're having and the usual response is asking for screenshots showing it. I provide multiple recordings of the issue and they're not even here asking what firmware version I'm currently running. I'm starting to think these guys have me blocked because similar situations with me have happened in the last few months.
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules