PDF Manual Issue
456 7 2023-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Ok.. I have a question for the group (DJI in particular)

I'm one of the strange ones that actually reads manuals.  As such, I like to have my manuals close to me and accessible.  I download everything in PDF form to my phone so I have access to them when I need them.  

When I got my Air2s, I read the manual from front to back just as I did with my Old Mavic Pro years ago.  I had downloaded a copy to my phone also.

Today, I opened the copy on my phone only to find that the PDF is screwed up.  I only have text on one or two pages, a few photos and header shadings across the pages.  I've downloaded it again, with the same problems.  (I found somewhere that it said to download only to a computer)

I downloaded it to my computer, checked the pdf out and everything was fine.  Copied it to my phone and get a security warning saying that the pdf can't be copied to a phone due to File settings.  When I attempt to copy, I get
error-code-0x800700aa
Anyone know where I can get a copy of the manual for the Air2S that will show up and work on an Android phone?  

2023-12-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

What app are you using? I had no trouble opening it just now with Notes. Acrobat, no.
2023-12-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm what specific mobile device are you using. Make sure that your mobile device is using a PDF reader or any application that supports reading PDF files. If the issue persists, please provide us a screen recording showing the issue so we check it further. Please let us know. Thank you.
2023-12-14
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Mobile device is Samsung S23U. One UI version 6.0. Android version 14.
I have multiple pdf files saved and all work fine. I have Adobe set as the default program to use.
I've downloaded the file for the Air 2s several times with the same result each time. I open the file and I have a blank page with section header bars. I can search for a phrase or word such as download and the app highlights a spot on the blank page. I can scroll down and find an occasional section that has words,  but it continually changes.
I get messages saying something about the security settings on the file not allowing full access.
I can download on desktop and everything shows up but it's sorta hard to drag my PC out in the field.
2023-12-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 12-15 03:00
Mobile device is Samsung S23U. One UI version 6.0. Android version 14.
I have multiple pdf files saved and all work fine. I have Adobe set as the default program to use.
I've downloaded the file for the Air 2s several times with the same result each time. I open the file and I have a blank page with section header bars. I can search for a phrase or word such as download and the app highlights a spot on the blank page. I can scroll down and find an occasional section that has words,  but it continually changes.

Instead of Adobe, use Notes to open it. The same thing happens with my S21 Ultra. It's an Adobe problem.
2023-12-15
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-15 08:13
Instead of Adobe, use Notes to open it. The same thing happens with my S21 Ultra. It's an Adobe problem.

Ok. If i click on it and select "open with"and select notes,  it does work. Thank you
It'd be a whole lot easier if DJI would remove the restrictions on the file apparently since it's the only pdf in my collection that reacts that way with that error message.
Again. Thank you.
2023-12-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 12-15 09:18
Ok. If i click on it and select "open with"and select notes,  it does work. Thank you
It'd be a whole lot easier if DJI would remove the restrictions on the file apparently since it's the only pdf in my collection that reacts that way with that error message.
Again. Thank you.

It's not DJI. Adobe needs the update.
2023-12-15
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
United States

Actually both do. I'd like to see waypoints and settable low battery alarms added to DJI Fly.  I miss them.
2023-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules