Battery lights stay lit
991 3 2023-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 360505 ft
United States

I have a mini 4 pro and the manual states that charging is complete when the led lights are off. Lights on the drone never go out, all 4 are lit not blinking and the battery shows 100% on DJI fly. Lights on the controller do go out. Im using a 30W Anker c to c fast charger, included battery and charging in the drone. Anyone ever see this? Its not an issue if the batteries are not over charging but I would like to make sure. Thanks

2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. I hope you're doing well today. Have you already tried updating or refreshing the battery's firmware? You can do it by using the DJI Assistant 2. You can download it to your computer here: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series. Have a great day.
2023-12-16
Use props
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-16 00:33
Hello there. I hope you're doing well today. Have you already tried updating or refreshing the battery's firmware? You can do it by using the DJI Assistant 2. You can download it to your computer here: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series. Have a great day.

I have not tried that. I looked into the assistant 2 and  it requires Windows. I do have not have a Windows Pc.  Kind of surprised me that in 2023 there is no linux support for something like this. Have not ran into that for some years now.
2023-12-16
Use props
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-16 13:13
Regarding the LEDs for FLIGHT BATTERIES of all models in the Mini series, when charging is complete & the batteries are full, ALL LEDs are lit solid.  They remain lit until you remove the battery from the charger or remove power from the charger.  This is true whether you charge them in the aircraft or in the DJI charging hub.

The RCs are different depending on the model.  The old style RCs where the phone mounts underneath will also leave the LEDs solid lit when the battery is full.  The newer RCs where phone mounts above, or the DJI RC/RC2 with built-in screens, the LEDs turn off completely when charging has completed.

Very good to know. They should make it more clear in the manual or possibly even correct the manual.  Page 65 of the mini 4 pro manual.
Using a Charger
1.Ensure the battery has been correctly installed in the aircraft.
2.Connect a charger to an AC power supply (100-240 V, 50/60 Hz; use a power adapter if
necessary).
3.Connect the charger to the charging port on the aircraft using a USB-C cable.
4.The battery level LEDs display the current battery level during charging.
5.The Intelligent Flight Battery is fully charged when all the battery level LEDs are off. Detach
the charger when the battery is fully charged
2023-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules