Old firmware version of the MIC 2, please
1236 21 2023-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

Please, I urgently need the old version of the Mic 2 firmware.

I have version 04.02.01.13 and I need the version before that.

DJI has done the current version wrong.

Putting an auto off on the Mic 2 without being able to activate and deactivate this function does not seem correct to me and has ruined several videos for me.

2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We understand your request. However, we don't have the option to downgrade the firmware of the DJI Mic 2 as it might affect the firmware compatibility of the DJI Osmo Pocket 3. We will gather this feedback of yours about the said feature and forward it to the respective team for attention. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-12-18
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-18 19:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We understand your request. However, we don't have the option to downgrade the firmware of the DJI Mic 2 as it might affect the firmware compatibility of the DJI Osmo Pocket 3. We will gather this feedback of yours about the said feature and forward it to the respective team for attention. We appreciate your understanding and support.

That is not true.

Mic 2 is updated separately. Therefore, I can update the Pocket 3 and not update the Mic 2. So, I can use the latest version of the Pocket 3 with the previous version of the Mic 2 (without updating it).

So what you say is not true: "it could affect the firmware compatibility of the DJI Osmo Pocket 3".

That is false.

And it is because the Mic 2 auto turn off function is not controlled by the Pocket 3. Which is the problem I have with that update. I don't want it to turn off automatically without first being able to control it by activating or deactivating said option.

The other improvements are only at the level that they have freed up some power from Mic 2 in terms of the emission signal power of Mic 2.

So, I repeat, what you say about affecting the Pocket 3 is false.

His answer is the typical one given by people who have no idea about the Pocket 3 on a technical level. People who have been given a rank in exchange for something to repeat the same answer over and over again, and give the impression that DJI helps them. Help in what?. In nothing?.
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

EnTuMente Posted at 12-19 00:19
That is not true.

Mic 2 is updated separately. Therefore, I can update the Pocket 3 and not update the Mic 2. So, I can use the latest version of the Pocket 3 with the previous version of the Mic 2 (without updating it).

Thank you for your response. I understand that this response did not meet the demand in this situation. We will surely gather this feedback as suggestions and will forward it to our respective team as DJI is open to any suggestions for improvement. Rest assured that we're always eager to improve our products to meet our customer's demands. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Hi EnTuMente
thanks for the feedback
auto shutdown feature on Mic2 will be enabled/disable on Pocket3 in the following firmware.
2023-12-21
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-21 06:12
Hi EnTuMente
thanks for the feedback
auto shutdown feature on Mic2 will be enabled/disable on Pocket3 in the following firmware.

But have you reasoned what you have done, or what are you going to do?

Do you think it is normal that they put a car on sale with everything except the wheels, and then say that the wheels will be delivered in the next update?

From my right mind, I think that the normal thing is that they would have implemented the improvement of the auto shutdown of the MIC 2 at the same time that they implemented a menu in the Pocket 3 to activate or deactivate said improvement.

Taking that out like this, you have benefited several users, but you have ruined videos of many others who do not need MIC 2 to be deactivated automatically, because we need MIC 2 to be on standby for long periods of time, until we turn the MIC back on. Pocket 3 and automatically synchronizes with the MIC 2 again. External batteries exist for a reason.

When you leave the MIC 2 in a place that is difficult to access, and you only want to record certain moments over the course of, for example, 10 hours, do you think it is most appropriate to access the MIC 2 to turn it on with how complicated the access is? to this?.

So why have they forced us to have to do it by implementing a better one that cannot be activated or deactivated for those who, at some point, that implementation is very detrimental to their types of recordings?

Well, this is the world upside down. Buildings are built from the ground and not the other way around; from the sky.
2023-12-21
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

EnTuMente Posted at 12-21 07:46
But have you reasoned what you have done, or what are you going to do?

Do you think it is normal that they put a car on sale with everything except the wheels, and then say that the wheels will be delivered in the next update?

Sounds like you're trying to spy on someone with the mic. Or why can you no longer access it, but you can access the Pocket 3? It all sounds very dubious.

All your excitement is quite fake, after the first video at the latest you should realize that the mic switches itself off at some point. If this video ever existed...
2023-12-21
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

JustName Posted at 12-21 08:27
Sounds like you're trying to spy on someone with the mic. Or why can you no longer access it, but you can access the Pocket 3? It all sounds very dubious.

All your excitement is quite fake, after the first video at the latest you should realize that the mic switches itself off at some point. If this video ever existed...

It seems to me that you are getting into a place that you don't care about without knowing the reason for my dissatisfaction with the MIC 2 update.

If you read my other posts, then you'd know why. But since you're going overboard, you come in to doubt someone who hasn't raised any doubts. You accuse gratuitously just because your mind is twisted.
In my country, when they accuse you of something falsely or as twistedly as you, it is said: The thief believes that we are all of his condition.

I'm not going to repeat it twice, that I don't even have to tell you because of how unpleasant you've been with me by accusing me of a crime in a telematic way (that in my country can be denounced by criminal means when using the networks to disseminate it).

I record events where several music groups can perform, between concert and concert there is a change of instruments, cables, etc.
That time change between group changes to another group can be long (more than 20 minutes).

As you can understand, I can't keep the camera on during those long pauses.

I use the MIC 2 as an audio transmitter or line.

I connect a cable from the desk to the jack input of the Mic 2 and it sends the audio to the camera. At the same time, I put a small external battery so that the Mic 2 never runs out of battery for long lost time.

I can't be constantly walking into a place where there are only sound technicians to stop and turn on the Mic 2 because it automatically turns off after 15 minutes (if it's not recording or in contact with the Pocket 3).

That's why the upgrade DJI has introduced to the Mic 2 comes to me like a shot in the back. If I had a menu on the camera to enable or disable that option, perfect. But if he doesn't have it, he forces me to keep recording on the Mic 2 all the time, knowing that it has a recording limit that sometimes exceeds the total number of concerts of the events I record.

For the next time you enter a post just to insult the person who writes it for the simple fact of having that mind that you have, please do not do it and do not bother other users with your unpleasant accusations and insults.

I am a semi-professional who records complete events that include several concerts in each event. Not a criminal or thief.

If you needed to steal other people's conversations, just recording the MIC 2 together with an external battery would be enough for 14 hours (8 Gb) to avoid turning off due to not using it. You haven't even been smart to think about what you've said.

2023-12-21
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

Whether you like it or not, I do this semi-professionally and paid for by the groups or events that hire me:
I delete link (EnTuMente).

That concert was recorded with the Pocket 2 along with AnkerWork M650 wireless microphones, which do not turn off if not used unless configured. Something that the MIC 2 does not do today because of a bad update that has been done halfway.

As you can see, I take the sound from the sound board and the microphone sends it to the Pocket 2.

I bought the Pocket 3 because it is much better and because it has the MIC 2 that is much better than the ones I used with the Pocket 2, including the bad microphone that was included in the creator pack, to which you couldn't put audio through the jack input.

Recording concerts like the one in the video using the internal microphones of any camera sounds terrible.

But since I am not a complete professional, I cannot ask for more favor than to let me take the sound from the sound table. Not going in and out, bothering the technicians and stepping on the cables, to turn on the MIC 2 every time a new concert included in the event is about to start.

2023-12-21
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

EnTuMente Posted at 12-21 09:01
It seems to me that you are getting into a place that you don't care about without knowing the reason for my dissatisfaction with the MIC 2 update.

If you read my other posts, then you'd know why. But since you're going overboard, you come in to doubt someone who hasn't raised any doubts. You accuse gratuitously just because your mind is twisted.

For a semi-professional, you're really going overboard here and throwing accusations around.

DJI is neither obligated nor obliged to provide you with any updates.  But if you install them, then you have to live with the risk that something might not work as it did before.
Why did you install the update at all if you only use the mic only with Pocket 3?
The last update was intended for Action 4.

Overall, you should be a little friendlier, then you won't get so much backlash.
2023-12-21
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

JustName Posted at 12-21 13:12
For a semi-professional, you're really going overboard here and throwing accusations around.

DJI is neither obligated nor obliged to provide you with any updates.  But if you install them, then you have to live with the risk that something might not work as it did before.

And I repeat to you again that what do you care about the lives of others? Worry about yours and don't get involved in giving opinions about the rest. Much less when others tell you not to get involved in their lives.
A developer has already stated that they will release a button on the Pocket 3 to activate or deactivate the automatic shutdown of the MIC 2. So it is clear that I am complaining about something totally logical.

The developer responded to me and I gave him my opinion that it doesn't seem right to me that they release something halfway and then release the other half. The logical thing would be to have taken out the complete improvement with a control in the menu.

I gave my opinion, not yours or anyone else's.

If you don't like my opinion on something that doesn't seem right to me on the Pocket 3, I don't know what you're doing reading something that no one has asked you about or called you on.

If you don't like my post, don't reply or bother with your insults.

I have already reported your offensive message.
What you have to do is continue with your life and not try to control that of others by prejudging users without having any idea who is who.

I'm not going to answer you any more, so keep making the movie yourself.

2023-12-21
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

EnTuMente Posted at 12-21 13:41
And I repeat to you again that what do you care about the lives of others? Worry about yours and don't get involved in giving opinions about the rest. Much less when others tell you not to get involved in their lives.

If you don't like my post, don't reply or bother with your insults.

Just ignore it... Replying to his crap doesn't change anything... The important fact is that the bug has been acknowledged by the R&D Squad and the best they can do if fix it for the next update, as with updates they can only go in one direction...
2023-12-21
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

Burt37 Posted at 12-21 13:56
Just ignore it... Replying to his crap doesn't change anything... The important fact is that the bug has been acknowledged by the R&D Squad and the best they can do if fix it for the next update, as with updates they can only go in one direction...

You're right. I'm with you.

My anger is because this update has ruined several videos in which I have spent hours and hours recording and then realized that the MIC 2 was turned off.

I had to use the sound that was recorded as a backup on the Pocket 3. Something great about being able to record a backup on the Pocket 3 with the internal microphones and in WAV format.

Not only can it save you from situations like the one I mentioned, but also, for the way I use the Pocket 3, I can use that audio as ambient sound along with that of the sound board through MIC 2.

Greetings.
2023-12-21
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I ran into this today... My first time vlogging with Pocket 3 and Mic 2... I didn't know it turned off... And yeah, DJI, please fix this so it may be toggled off and hold the setting. If I know the mic 2 will run 5 hours then I'll plan on charging it on the go when I can... If it turns off and I don't know... Well that's not good.

2023-12-28
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

Chuck1026 Posted at 12-28 20:54
I ran into this today... My first time vlogging with Pocket 3 and Mic 2... I didn't know it turned off... And yeah, DJI, please fix this so it may be toggled off and hold the setting. If I know the mic 2 will run 5 hours then I'll plan on charging it on the go when I can... If it turns off and I don't know... Well that's not good.

In the tests that I did when it was just released, the MIC 2 is capable of working for 6 and 15 minutes before turning off due to lack of battery.

Of course, I did the tests without recording and without anything. But, from the practice I have already given recording concerts, I would say that recording also lasts the same time.

In addition, this MIC 2 charges ultra fast and does not have fast charging.

So, if you put a small power bank on it, you will have many hours of recording without hardly being noticed.

But yes, let's see if they solve the fact that the MIC 2 auto-off function cannot be activated and deactivated.
2023-12-29
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
Canada

EnTuMente Posted at 12-29 03:23
In the tests that I did when it was just released, the MIC 2 is capable of working for 6 and 15 minutes before turning off due to lack of battery.

Of course, I did the tests without recording and without anything. But, from the practice I have already given recording concerts, I would say that recording also lasts the same time.
DJI should be able to do this. It should be a setting. I get that saving power is a good thing too, but also wonder if it could just go to a sleep mode and quickly reconnect when the camera is on again? Oh, and those annoying banners! They block the entire screen.
2023-12-29
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

Chuck1026 Posted at 12-29 04:06
DJI should be able to do this. It should be a setting. I get that saving power is a good thing too, but also wonder if it could just go to a sleep mode and quickly reconnect when the camera is on again? Oh, and those annoying banners! They block the entire screen.

A DJI developer already sent a message and said that in the next update of the DJI Pocket 3, there would be the option to activate or deactivate the MIC 2 auto-off function.

Regarding the posters... I'm with you, they are super annoying because they are huge and cover a large part of the screen.

Many customers have complained but DJI ignores those who feed them when they buy their products. The clients.

When someone enters the market and competes with them, these details are what will make DJI lose many customers.
2023-12-29
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Hi EnTuMente

plz update Pocket3 to v01.03.05.02
and mic2 to  v04.03.08.31

the auto shutter down can be turned on and off with the latest update
https://www.dji.com/cn/mic-2/downloads
2-2 01:32
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Dji Mic 2 update whas not properly introduced as there are many different configs :

OP3 + DJ Mic 2 solo
OA4  + DJ Mic 2 solo
DJI Mic 2 bundle (2tx + 1rx) with different products.

As i wrote in another thread, it is very confusing and DJI should provide a specific chart for firmware version compatibility between products, at least DJI products.
2-2 05:35
Use props
titodom
lvl.1

Philippines

I too want to control the auto sleep on/off of the mic 2. My mic2 came from my OP3 and I also use it on my OA4 for motovlog. Imagine motovlogging where you cant' look at your camera's screen and your mic is either in your pocket or inside the helmet.  You have no way of knowing if the mic is turned on or not... We should have the option to control that auto sleep from OA4 or OP3.
2-13 16:50
Use props
KlimaPic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360115 ft
  • >>>
Germany

titodom Posted at 2-13 16:50
I too want to control the auto sleep on/off of the mic 2. My mic2 came from my OP3 and I also use it on my OA4 for motovlog. Imagine motovlogging where you cant' look at your camera's screen and your mic is either in your pocket or inside the helmet.  You have no way of knowing if the mic is turned on or not... We should have the option to control that auto sleep from OA4 or OP3.

The feature is already there:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=303579&pid=3237881
2-13 22:00
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

KlimaPic Posted at 2-13 22:00
The feature is already there:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=303579&pid=3237881

It is available on the OP3 but oddly is not an option on the Action 4, which I think he was alluding to.
2-14 03:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules