3034 19 2023-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Javan Park
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Korea

Hi,

In case I am using DJI Mic2 alone as a voice recorder provided in Creative Combo of Osmo Pocket 3, how can I adjust the recording voulme? Is there a way to do so?

Thanks.
2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Are you referring to monitor volume? If yes, you may adjust the monitor volume by going to DJI Osmo Pocket 3 home screen > Wireless Mic > Monitor Volume then adjust the volume. If you are referring to the recording volume, please adjust the TX gain by performing the following operations: Slide left on the home screen, tap the PRO icon, tap the microphone settings icon, and then adjust the TX gain in the TX Gain section. Hope this helps. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2023-12-18
Use props
Javan Park
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Korea

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-18 18:32
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Are you referring to monitor volume? If yes, you may adjust the monitor volume by going to DJI Osmo Pocket 3 home screen > Wireless Mic > Monitor Volume then adjust the volume. If you are referring to the recording volume, please adjust the TX gain by performing the following operations: Slide left on the home screen, tap the PRO icon, tap the microphone settings icon, and then adjust the TX gain in the TX Gain section. Hope this helps. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Thanks for your reply but what I meant was if I use the mic of osmo pocket 3 INDIVIDUALLY not connected to pocket via bluetooth, how can I adjust recording volume since the mic can be working alone as a voice recorder.
2023-12-18
Use props
fans33d75fd3
lvl.1
United States

I'm running into the same thing.  The standalone volume appears quite low.
2023-12-19
Use props
Javan Park
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Korea

fans33d75fd3 Posted at 12-19 17:17

Guess its volume had set at certain level unadjustable so we can adjust the volume at post production stage.
2023-12-19
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

The internal file on the new DJI MIC 2 (I have one) is 32-bit so you don't actually need to gain-stage the input. However, yes, the file levels are really, really low (vary from -21db to -24db). This is also true of the audio levels generally on the Action 4 and the Pocket 3. They could easily increase these with zero danger of clipping. I have no idea why they have coded them to be so low.
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Javan Park Posted at 12-18 21:22
Thanks for your reply but what I meant was if I use the mic of osmo pocket 3 INDIVIDUALLY not connected to pocket via bluetooth, how can I adjust recording volume since the mic can be working alone as a voice recorder.

Thank you for the clarification and sorry for the confusion. If you are using the DJI Mic 2 as a standalone recorder, there is no option to adjust the volume. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-12-21
Use props
firatdede
lvl.2

Turkey

Any chance to update this low dB bug by firmware?? It is really really low that unusabla with standalone. With that very useless. DJI should take this into account.
1-19 09:27
Use props
djiuser_z2VxXmT4mzCf
New

Ireland

I have the same problem. I am using the mic to record some voice overs for my videos from the pocket 3 but the volume is to low. Even once I bring the audio files from the mic 2 in to FCPX and pump the volume to the max of 12 possible my voice is to low.

I love the mic 2 and the entire Pocket 3 combo pack but this issue with the mic 2 needs to be fixed please.

I was considering buying the new just releases Mic 2 pack now for some of my other projects. The white Mic’s would be useful for my projects on lighter clothing, but I have concerns now that this issue will be present in the new Mic 2 set. I think I will have to go with the Rode Wireless Pro instead.

Please fix this issue DJI. It’s not good at all!
1-19 12:21
Use props
djiuser_z2VxXmT4mzCf
New

Ireland

I have the same problem. I am using the mic to record some voice overs for my videos from the pocket 3 but the volume is to low. Even once I bring the audio files from the mic 2 in to FCPX and pump the volume to the max of 12 possible my voice is to low.

I love the mic 2 and the entire Pocket 3 combo pack but this issue with the mic 2 needs to be fixed please.

I was considering buying the new just releases Mic 2 pack now for some of my other projects. The white Mic’s would be useful for my projects on lighter clothing, but I have concerns now that this issue will be present in the new Mic 2 set. I think I will have to go with the Rode Wireless Pro instead.

Please fix this issue DJI. It’s not good at all!
1-19 12:21
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got the Mic 2 transmitter and the recording volume is super low and doesn't pick up background sound hardly at all.  It's a omnidirectional mic so it should pick up background sounds when the noise reduction is off.  If you turn on the noise reduction it's really bad.   

This is connected directly to a Action 4, maybe it's better with the receiver??

1-21 19:59
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans33d75fd3 Posted at 2023-12-19 17:17

While it is connected to pocket 3 (or Action 4) you can set it to 32 bit float I suppose it records with that as standalone at least when you turn it on there.
1-22 06:54
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Natural Sounds and Sights Posted at 2023-12-19 23:24
The internal file on the new DJI MIC 2 (I have one) is 32-bit so you don't actually need to gain-stage the input. However, yes, the file levels are really, really low (vary from -21db to -24db). This is also true of the audio levels generally on the Action 4 and the Pocket 3. They could easily increase these with zero danger of clipping. I have no idea why they have coded them to be so low.

I found that the internal recording of the transmitter is 24bit by default. It can do 32bit float, but this needs a receiver to set it. There is no ability on the transmitter alone to change from 24bit to 32 bit float, without a receiver. It's a big oversight from DJI.
1-22 09:58
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-22 09:58
I found that the internal recording of the transmitter is 24bit by default. It can do 32bit float, but this needs a receiver to set it. There is no ability on the transmitter alone to change from 24bit to 32 bit float, without a receiver. It's a big oversight from DJI.

You can set this on both the Osmo Action 4 and the Pocket 3. It is in a menu under WIRELESS TRANSMITTER in Pro Mode.
1-22 12:26
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

If you have those. If not You can't change any settings.
1-22 13:53
Use props
Lostgear
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yep, this is a problem for me.....no way to turn on 32 bit float or increase the gain without a receiver or Osmo 3.

Do DJI have a return policy?

1-22 14:30
Use props
banzaibilly
New

United Kingdom

On the internal recording, you can't change the recording level - it is low but it does record clean. If you use Davinci Resolve on the computer you can normalise the level and it turns out fine. Right click the clip in the edit page and choose normalise and set it up to a better level like -9 or -6
1-23 00:55
Use props
fpv4life
lvl.2

United States

I am having the same problem! The volume is too low on standalone recording. DJI should do a firmware update soon with a solution!!!
3-16 04:29
Use props
Wavydancer
New

Vietnam

fans33d75fd3 Posted at 2023-12-19 17:17

I had the same problem as you, but indeed, when I used the software for post-production, the volume was completely back to normal, you can use the Audio Normalization feature, which will return good sound and clear, loud and clear
4-14 02:05
Use props
Ali Frangi
New

Canada

Wavydancer Posted at 4-14 02:05
I had the same problem as you, but indeed, when I used the software for post-production, the volume was completely back to normal, you can use the Audio Normalization feature, which will return good sound and clear, loud and clear

which software did you use?
4-15 12:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules