Gimbal lock disabled
526 8 2023-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152329 ft
United Kingdom

Been using my new Pocket 3 today and on several occasions I got a message on the screen saying “gimbal lock disabled”.  I didn’t ‘enable’ anything in settings. Has anyone else seen this message?  What does it mean?
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm if you are pressing and holding the 5D Joystick. If yes, this is normal as the Gimbal Lock Mode will enable once you press and hold the 5D joystick and disable it if you release the joystick. The Gimbal Lock mode refers to locking the orientation of the lens. The orientation of the lens will not move with the rotation of the handle, that is, all three axes provide stabilization. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-12-20
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-20 21:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm if you are pressing and holding the 5D Joystick. If yes, this is normal as the Gimbal Lock Mode will enable once you press and hold the 5D joystick and disable it if you release the joystick. The Gimbal Lock mode refers to locking the orientation of the lens. The orientation of the lens will not move with the rotation of the handle, that is, all three axes provide stabilization. Have a nice day ahead.

I am aware of this feature. However, if you depress the joystick to lock the gimbal and then release it you do not get a message on the screen to this effect. What I saw yesterday was something looking like a warning or error message - white words inside an orange coloured box - saying “gimbal lock disabled”.  The screen message appeared a few times quite randomly. The message suggested the actual gimbal lock feature (using the joystick) was temporarily suspended
2023-12-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That sounds more like some kind of error message relating to the gimbal locking function when it's turned off.  Maybe check there's nothing obstructing the gimbal movement when turning on/off, and then hope it doesn't keep happening as it sounds like a hardware problem...
2023-12-20
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-20 23:00
That sounds more like some kind of error message relating to the gimbal locking function when it's turned off.  Maybe check there's nothing obstructing the gimbal movement when turning on/off, and then hope it doesn't keep happening as it sounds like a hardware problem...

Good thought but there is no obstruction to the gimbal as I don’t use lens attachments
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Steph Jant Posted at 12-20 21:47
I am aware of this feature. However, if you depress the joystick to lock the gimbal and then release it you do not get a message on the screen to this effect. What I saw yesterday was something looking like a warning or error message - white words inside an orange coloured box - saying “gimbal lock disabled”.  The screen message appeared a few times quite randomly. The message suggested the actual gimbal lock feature (using the joystick) was temporarily suspended

Thank you for your response. Kindly please perform the gimbal calibration and check if the issue persists. If yes, please provide us with a short video showing the issue with the error message so we can investigate the issue further. We appreciate your cooperation. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-12-22
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-22 01:19
Thank you for your response. Kindly please perform the gimbal calibration and check if the issue persists. If yes, please provide us with a short video showing the issue with the error message so we can investigate the issue further. We appreciate your cooperation. Have a nice day ahead.

I had already completed the gimbal calibration before posting my thread. As I have already explained the screen message is random and only stays on the screen for a few seconds so getting a photo is impossible. But I will monitor the performance of the camera over the next few weeks
2023-12-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

At risk of insulting you, but... are you totally sure that the error message is exactly what you have quoted?  Maybe double check next time it appears.
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Steph Jant Posted at 12-23 00:07
I had already completed the gimbal calibration before posting my thread. As I have already explained the screen message is random and only stays on the screen for a few seconds so getting a photo is impossible. But I will monitor the performance of the camera over the next few weeks

We appreciate your response, Steph Jant. If ever you experience the error message again, please capture an image and then send it to us. Thank you.
2023-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules