RC2 support for Phone or TV
1333 16 2023-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrzegorzP
lvl.1
Poland

Hello,

Im struggling if I should buy Mini 4 Pro drone with RC-N2 or RC2 controller.
There are some benefits of RC-N2 like 3rd party apps on your phone or screen mirroring to TV via WiFi.
But maybe you will make my doubts obsolete

Does RC2 support connecting to your own phone with DJI Fly app or Litchi instead of built in display? I guess that would allow me to use bigger tablet screen or all the benefits of RC-N2 and if i want to fly fast then simply use built in display. That kind of versatality would be great.

It's really pitty that there is no Fly More Combo with RC-N2

Regards

2023-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The RC2 doesnt support Litchi or connecting to your phone but there is an HDMI out option for it with an adapter.    See this thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2023-12-21
Use props
GrzegorzP
lvl.1
Poland

DAFlys Posted at 12-21 03:50
The RC2 doesnt support Litchi or connecting to your phone but there is an HDMI out option for it with an adapter.    See this thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=301189&extra=page%3D2%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline

Seen that. Thx.

Good option to have bigger display but i wanted also all the benefits that Android brings. LiveStreaming, Smart WiFi signal sharing to TV.
Unless that would be possible there... screan capture to android from one side and wifi screen share or streaming on the other hand.
Well that becomes a mess

It would be best I guess to have RC2 internal android based display to allow for above functionalities.
2023-12-21
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GrzegorzP Posted at 12-21 04:03
Seen that. Thx.

Good option to have bigger display but i wanted also all the benefits that Android brings. LiveStreaming, Smart WiFi signal sharing to TV.

There seems to be a clear moving away from phone based setups with DJI.

The DJI RC and RC2 do not allow 3rd party apps, and the RC Pro (which does support 3rd party apps) isn't compatible with the Mini 4 Pro.

Sounds like your situation means you need the RC-N2.  The older RC-N1 was readily available 2nd hand at sub £35 prices, but the newer RC-N2 isn't that common yet, else I'd suggest getting the FMC and picking up a RC-N2 on the cheap for those times you need it.
2023-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GrzegorzP Posted at 12-21 04:03
Seen that. Thx.

The RC2 does support live streaming already to RTMP destinations like YouTube.  

Litchi wont support the Mini 4 as they wont be releasing an SDK for it.

There are ways to install third party apps to the RC2 but it comes at a cost and as android on the RC2 is stripped back your mileage may vary.  
2023-12-21
Use props
GrzegorzP
lvl.1
Poland

Thanks All. Mini 4 pro fly more combo with RC2 is flying my way.

DAFlys <3
2023-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GrzegorzP Posted at 12-21 08:03
Thanks All. Mini 4 pro fly more combo with RC2 is flying my way.

DAFlys

Congrats GrzegorzP,  I think you made the right choice, the RC is just so much more of a joy to use than faffing with mounting the phone etc.   

Also I can recommend the sunny life hood which means you can leave the sticks on when transporting it

https://sunnylife.net/products/s ... ro?VariantsId=11712
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC 2 doesn't support video output and it hasn't undergone compatibility and stabilization tests. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-22
Use props
András Bazsó-Dombi
New
Romania

Would be great if RC2 supported using a connected phone as display (but keeping the RC2 for controlling the drone) because the screen of the RC2 is quire small.
3-30 03:36
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

András Bazsó-Dombi Posted at 3-30 03:36
Would be great if RC2 supported using a connected phone as display (but keeping the RC2 for controlling the drone) because the screen of the RC2 is quire small.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, the DJI RC 2 does not support HDMI output. We acknowledge that we received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.  
3-30 03:52
Use props
Ville Honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 2023-12-21 07:55
The RC2 does support live streaming already to RTMP destinations like YouTube.  

Litchi wont support the Mini 4 as they wont be releasing an SDK for it.

Notice that RTMP in Mini 4 pro is only 5mbps 720p

Let's hope to get usb-c CLEAN image to live streams
3-30 03:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ville Honkonen Posted at 3-30 03:54
Notice that RTMP in Mini 4 pro is only 5mbps 720p

Let's hope to get usb-c CLEAN image to live streams

I think DJI just want you to spend extra $$$ for the HDMI feed feature.  
3-31 00:23
Use props
Ville Honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 00:23
I think DJI just want you to spend extra $$$ for the HDMI feed feature.

There is no HDMI solution in mini 4 pro
3-31 04:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ville Honkonen Posted at 3-31 04:16
There is no HDMI solution in Mavic mini 4 pro

You can add an USB-C to HDMI adapter to the controller of the DJI Mini 4,  there is not Mavic Mini 4 yet.
3-31 04:20
Use props
Ville Honkonen
lvl.3
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 04:20
You can add an USB-C to HDMI adapter to the controller of the DJI Mini 4,  there is not Mavic Mini 4 yet.

But you can't get a clean feed, there is flightdata also
3-31 09:17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ville Honkonen Posted at 3-31 09:17

Hi, Ville. The DJI RC 2 does not support HDMI pure camera image output (Liveview Only) yet. Your feedback will be submitted to the relevant team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience.
3-31 22:08
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ville Honkonen Posted at 3-31 09:17

You didn't say anything about a clean feed just that you cant do HDMI out.
3-31 23:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules