1094 17 2023-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Divographics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1125233 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Today I read on blogs and news that DJI implemented Vision Assist for Mavic Air and Mini Pro 4. Vision assist uses the vision cameras to determine the proximity of the drone with the surroundings which is very helpful in some occesions.
I really don't understand why such feature which is VERY helpful for professional is not yet release for the Enterprise version while it's already out for the Mavic 3 over 3 months now.

Is there an ETA? Will it even be implemented for Mavic 3E? Because at this moment I would expect anything from DJI.
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for your feedback. Currently, this feature isn't available for the Mavic 3 Enterprise series and there's no relative information if this will be supported. However, please stay assured that we will forward your feedback to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-12-22
Use props
Divographics
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-22 00:14
Hi, there. Thank you for your feedback. Currently, this feature isn't available for the Mavic 3 Enterprise series and there's no relative information if this will be supported. However, please stay assured that we will forward your feedback to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your support and understanding.

I figured out this will be the answer.

So that means it will never be implemented like many other things already discussed in the forum for example White Balance, RAW support etc
2023-12-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Divographics Posted at 12-22 00:36

So that means it will never be implemented like many other things already discussed in the forum for example White Balance, RAW support etc

Correct. I reached out to my contacts with the Enterprise team yesterday and asked specifically if there are plans to implement Vision Assist on any of the Enterprise drones. Their answer was "not currently planned". This would be such a handy feature to have so it's a shame. The fact that so many of us have been begging for such a basic setting like white balance for almost a year now and no hint as to it being added really brings the question: Does DJI really even care about us at this point?
2023-12-22
Use props
Big DZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

This would definitely be a great feature to have especially for inspection; in my case roof inspections.
2023-12-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Big DZ Posted at 12-22 14:11
This would definitely be a great feature to have especially for inspection; in my case roof inspections.

I was flying orbits just today capturing photos to 3D model a building. The whole time while orbiting I was thinking "man, vision assist sure would be nice right now". It's unbelievable that a professional level drone is missing so much compared to a drone 1/4 of the price.
2023-12-22
Use props
Divographics
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-22 16:36
I was flying orbits just today capturing photos to 3D model a building. The whole time while orbiting I was thinking "man, vision assist sure would be nice right now". It's unbelievable that a professional level drone is missing so much compared to a drone 1/4 of the price.

That's exactly my point. I'm bought into Mavic 3E for the photogrammetry and producing quality 3D Models. 2-3 days ago I was flying in some narrow streets with trees and cables, and I wish I had Vision Assist.

At this point Mavic 3 (the non professional) packs more features that improve the quality of imaging.

At this point I'm rethinking of buying an Matrice 350 in order to upgrade my services.
2023-12-23
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

It's really pathetic of DJI that some very helpful assistance systems are implemented on cheaper consumer drones and not on expensive enterprise drones.
You would think that it should be the other way around.

I keep saying it: In terms of software, you could get a lot more out of the hardware.
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Divographics Posted at 12-22 00:36

Thank you for responding.  I understand that you're looking for a particular feature that's not currently available in our product. However, we appreciate your feedback and value your suggestions. Our development team is always looking for new and innovative ways to enhance our product for our customers. Your input is very important to us.  In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pspec Posted at 12-23 07:49
It's really pathetic of DJI that some very helpful assistance systems are implemented on cheaper consumer drones and not on expensive enterprise drones.
You would think that it should be the other way around.

Hi, there .Thank you for your additional input. Rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded as well to our corresponding team for awareness.
2023-12-24
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-24 03:45
Thank you for responding.  I understand that you're looking for a particular feature that's not currently available in our product. However, we appreciate your feedback and value your suggestions. Our development team is always looking for new and innovative ways to enhance our product for our customers. Your input is very important to us.  In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

If they're "always looking for new and innovative ways to enhance our product for our customers" then they're wasting their time. They aren't looking at this forum clearly because it is full of areas where the M3E falls short. If they really spend all their time searching then please share these links with them so they can begin developing again.

Mavic 3 Enterprise Limited Features

Offline Flighthub 2

Mavic 3 Enterprise Manual Focus Auto-Adjusting

Pilot 2 Mission Planning Upgrade

Auxiliary LED Control with RC Button

Too Many Notifications

Thank you
2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-24 16:11
If they're "always looking for new and innovative ways to enhance our product for our customers" then they're wasting their time. They aren't looking at this forum clearly because it is full of areas where the M3E falls short. If they really spend all their time searching then please share these links with them so they can begin developing again.

Mavic 3 Enterprise Limited Features

Thank you for expressing your feedback. Rest assured that this information will be forwarded to our respective team for attention.
2023-12-25
Use props
Drone Seeker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17111686 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-25 02:17
Thank you for expressing your feedback. Rest assured that this information will be forwarded to our respective team for attention.

Do you Admin guys ever provide non-standard answers?, always the same automated CRM response on giving feedback to the “Relevant Team” which looks irrelevant to me.

I have more than 30K USD in DJI equipment, and is more than frustrating that you dont seriously take into account our feedback. A DJI Mini 4 Pro drone has far more camera features than a Mavic 3 Thermal, that cost is about 6 times.

One day I will stop buying DJI Equipment given the outrageous policy of “if you want camera options, then buy both drones”.
2023-12-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Drone Seeker Posted at 12-29 02:19
Do you Admin guys ever provide non-standard answers?, always the same automated CRM response on giving feedback to the “Relevant Team” which looks irrelevant to me.

I have more than 30K USD in DJI equipment, and is more than frustrating that you dont seriously take into account our feedback. A DJI Mini 4 Pro drone has far more camera features than a Mavic 3 Thermal, that cost is about 6 times.

Hi, there. We understand that you are not satisfied with our previous response, and we want to assure you that we take your concerns seriously. We apologize for any frustration this may have caused you and appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

At DJI, we strive to provide the best possible customer experience, and we regret that this feature isn't available for Enterprise drones. While we are completely aware that this feature brings extra safety, especially for the Enterprise aircraft, we could only forward relevant feedback to our engineers for them to be aware of the relevant requests. We hope for your understanding.
2023-12-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well played all.  Well played.

Kudo's to those asking for the basic features we all know we should have.

And of course, the lessons of the lack of SDK for the consumer series tell the tale of this wall between product classes at DJI.  It's not a good time to be a consumer.
2023-12-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Well guys, we're about to get it. Vision Assist on the M3E coming soon.
3-20 19:35
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-20 19:35
Well guys, we're about to get it. Vision Assist on the M3E coming soon.

Hey Johnnokomis
Where did you get this information from?
Is there an update coming out this month?
3-21 04:31
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

pspec Posted at 3-21 04:31
Hey Johnnokomis
Where did you get this information from?
Is there an update coming out this month?

If I had to guess a date I'd say March 26th. That's when their next product announcement event is planned.
3-21 08:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules