DJI Inspire 1 Controller Upgrade
1788 7 2015-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bapler
New

South Africa

Hi There Community

I am desperately looking for help to help me upgrade my DJI Inspire 1 Controller.  I have had the Inspire 1 since January 2015 and have done a few upgrades with no hiccups.  However since upgrade Firmware 1.3.0.00 I have not been able to upgrade my controller.  It shows ''Safe to Fly'' but still gives a warning that I have to upgrade the controller, through USB.  If i do it the same was as I have done in the past by putting the .bin file on a USB and inserting it in the controller, nothing happens.  I read on the ''How to upgrade'' pdf you have to do it through the DJI Go app, but I cant fine where it has to be done.  I have just downloaded the very latest version of the DJI Go app ver2.2.0 and still no luck.

Anybody that is able to help please i am kind of desperate here.

Thanks

2015-9-8
Use props
ptortora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1102 ft
United States

I have the same situation.  My Inspire1 updated nicely to 1.3 and 1.4 but my RC didn't respond to any updates both times.  Tried every which way till Tuesday - USB Drive, cable to camera and via app but the RC will not update nor does it give me a txt file saying not needed.  Every time I start the DJI Go app (latest release 2.2.0), I get the message ''Safe to Fly'' but still gives a warning that I have to upgrade the controller through USB.  Just want to be sure it is wise to fly, already had a crash when I first bought the I1 due to an early upgrade I installed on the first day of the release.  Don't want to loose it again.
2015-9-8
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no upgrade for the controller.
http://grab.by/KeLw

2015-9-8
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

If you guys would read the release notes on the download page each time there is a firmware release it will tell you everything you need to know!!
2015-9-8
Use props
Helipete
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25771 ft

United Kingdom

So we have to put up with an nerving flashing red icon every time we go to fly? Poor software designers if you ask me! I've been flying rc helis for over 10 years large and small its another example of bad customer response,   wait till there's an issue, ie proven crash caused by this and major damage to property or worse public before they sort this issue out,
Considering the price of these things there shouldn't be any sort of problems like this.. would you put up with this on any other equipment of similar value? I think not..
I've seen so many new systems come on the market over the years which use the customer as unwitting development and testing tools.
And whist I'm at it,, why do they insist on calling the control unit the control unit, its a Tx in my book, a Transmitter/receiver.
How can the "All in One" firmware be All in one, when it dose not upgrade the Tx and fix annoying things happening on screen??  Rant over
2015-10-16
Use props
Helipete
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25771 ft

United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-17 09:36
Perhaps because traditionally the "controller" only transmits which is where it got the term "Tx" - ...

Hi Paul
Thank you for your meaningful reply, as I'm sure you know Tx's have been receiving telemetry for years but in the rc world the tx is still called a tx, would like to know your thoughts on the other main points in this thread
2015-10-17
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

ptortora@mac.co Posted at 2015-9-8 04:40
I have the same situation.  My Inspire1 updated nicely to 1.3 and 1.4 but my RC didn't respond to an ...

I had the same problem. What I did was put 1.3 on the card, put it in the camera, turn on the I1, after it goes through it's calibration connect a USB cable from the back of the camera to the controller and turn on the controller. The controller updated to 1.3 right away. There is no controller update for 1.4.
I hope this helps
2015-10-17
Use props
carlos.jardim05
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello friend, you need to reset the remote to the way "factory reset".
Ask the online chat the DJI file "gs_ofdm.bin". This file will leave the control in original factory mode. After that you will be able to upgrade to current versions. I had the same problem and I managed to control the radio function again. Sorry for my English, I am Brazilian.
2015-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules