Mini series, flying at midnight in the EU between 31/12/2023 & 01...
350 9 2023-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yorkshire_Pud
lvl.1

United Kingdom

If flying in the EU at midnight, between 31/12/2023 and 01/01/2024, what will happen if the drone is in excess of 120m relative to the take off point when the date changes?

2023-12-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

The drone will enter self-destruct mode.
2023-12-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-23 03:29
The drone will enter self-destruct mode.

You might not be wrong !
I think there is a fair chance that it may descend to comply with the new limit.

With other fly App drones I have changed the maximum height whilst the drone was in flight, if the new limit is below the indicated height the drone descends to comply with the new limit.
Similarily if some DJI drones, in RTH, approach an air corridor and are above the floor of the corridor they will descend to below the floor of the corridor and continue the RTH beneath the corridor. From memory, their flight log shows the set maximum height change from the height set by the pilot to the actual height of the floor of the air corridor. Once clear of the corridor I presume the limit set by the pilot reappears BUT the drone DOES NOT climb to the set RTH height.
2023-12-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-23 05:12
You might not be wrong !
I think there is a fair chance that it may descend to comply with the new limit.

Honestly I don't know, it was just a joke.
But I hope he will have something else to do on the evening of the 31st, other than flying a drone.

2019-947
UAS.OPEN.060 Responsibilities of the remote pilot
(2) During the flight, the remote pilot shall:

(a) not perform duties under the influence of psychoactive substances or alcohol or when it is unfit to perform its tasks due to injury, fatigue, medication, sickness or other causes;

2023-12-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-23 06:25
Honestly I don't know, it was just a joke.
But I hope he will have something else to do on the evening of the 31st, other than flying a drone.

I thought you might be joking which is why I highlighted the first line of the reply. The 'problem' might, if it exist, have serious repercussions.

It occurred to me that some folks might be flying to catch the new year fireworks etc..
2023-12-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-23 06:32
I thought you might be joking which is why I highlighted the first line of the reply. The 'problem' might, if it exist, have serious repercussions.

It occurred to me that some folks might be flying to catch the new year fireworks etc..

Theoretically the C0 drones are already locked at 120m take off point?

I don't own one. Far be it from me to harm myself by imposing a rule on me that is not obligatory... article 20...
2023-12-23
Use props
Kopanz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814045 ft
Turkey

The drone is determining the maximum height at takeoff, so regulatory changes in the air isn't going to have any effect until you land the drone.
2023-12-24
Use props
Yorkshire_Pud
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Kopanz Posted at 12-24 04:20
The drone is determining the maximum height at takeoff, so regulatory changes in the air isn't going to have any effect until you land the drone.

I wish DJI would answer because I think there's a chance that they might.
2023-12-24
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

"(a) not perform duties under the influence of psychoactive substances or alcohol or when it is unfit to perform its tasks due to injury, fatigue, medication, sickness or other causes;"

Since when and how in hell, playing with a toy has become a 'DUTY'....
2023-12-24
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

If the drone is not C marked and without the MTOM officially declared, at 00:00:01 it should jump into the hyperspace and disappear forever, because it cannot fly anymore in the EU. And this does not depend on the altitude.
2023-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules