C0 certification Mini 2
2274 10 2023-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulrich.L
lvl.1

Germany

Dear service team,
I read about the possibility to apply for a C0 classification for Mini 2SE drones bought before end of 2023 and I wonder if it might be possible to apply for such a certification for the Mini 2 ( not the SE Version) as well. As I additionally own a Mavic Mini, I am interested in getting a C0 certification as well for this model.

Please let me know, how to  get such a certification if possible.

Thanks for your support

Ulrich

Mail: ulrich3@hotmail.com

2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Mini 2 and Mavic Mini are currently not supported to apply for the C0 label. There is currently no relevant support information. Please pay attention to the DJI official website for updates. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-25
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225118 ft
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 00:55
Hi there. Mini 2 and Mavic Mini are currently not supported to apply for the C0 label. There is currently no relevant support information. Please pay attention to the DJI official website for updates. We appreciate your patience.

Is there any chance to get C0 for Mini 2? I am aware that we should get patience but is there a chance that we have to wait for C0 or DJI is 100% sure that there is no chance for C0? When we may expect on your update about C0?
To be honest at this moment there is one big chaos because of new rules in Europe. The biggest doubt is that DJI did not informed in an official documentation about MTOM (maximum take off mass) for Mini 2.
This causes a lot of misunderstandings. Since 1st of January 2024 we can fly drones without "C" label for drones for which the mass is less than 250 grams only then, when this mass is maximum take off mass.
As you know if Mini 2 will fly with rotors protector or with some other accessories, then the weight is more than 249 grams. So it means that the MTOM is more than 250 grams.
DJI should officially declare that the maximum take off mass is less than 250 grams. I don't know the more restrictions for the manufacturers but if Mini SE could get C0 label, then DJI may use the same approach to get C0 for Mini 2.
So when DJI will update us?

Kind regards,
D
2023-12-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

domin45670 Posted at 12-26 10:39
Is there any chance to get C0 for Mini 2? I am aware that we should get patience but is there a chance that we have to wait for C0 or DJI is 100% sure that there is no chance for C0? When we may expect on your update about C0?
To be honest at this moment there is one big chaos because of new rules in Europe. The biggest doubt is that DJI did not informed in an official documentation about MTOM (maximum take off mass) for Mini 2.
This causes a lot of misunderstandings. Since 1st of January 2024 we can fly drones without "C" label for drones for which the mass is less than 250 grams only then, when this mass is maximum take off mass.

No chaos, everything is fine.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 050&pid=3210234
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

domin45670 Posted at 12-26 10:39
Is there any chance to get C0 for Mini 2? I am aware that we should get patience but is there a chance that we have to wait for C0 or DJI is 100% sure that there is no chance for C0? When we may expect on your update about C0?
To be honest at this moment there is one big chaos because of new rules in Europe. The biggest doubt is that DJI did not informed in an official documentation about MTOM (maximum take off mass) for Mini 2.
This causes a lot of misunderstandings. Since 1st of January 2024 we can fly drones without "C" label for drones for which the mass is less than 250 grams only then, when this mass is maximum take off mass.

Hi, domin45670. I understand the importance of this request. DJI has not yet announced the C0 label support for Mini 2. We will continue submitting your feedback to the relevant team for awareness. Thank you.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_q9fg9ILHtsWv
New
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 00:55

thanks for the specific response, I believe that DJI, out of respect for its customers, before assigning the C0 class to the mini 2, should have clarified what the company policies are for assigning the C0 class to the mini2, it is respect towards of customers who placed their trust in DJI and who, until the release of the mini2, were reassured about using the drone without a license (not specifying that it was a transitional phase). It's respect for customers.
2023-12-27
Use props
fans51f3773b
lvl.1

Greece

Hello dji mini 2 se is class c0?
1-10 14:47
Use props
Marwie
lvl.1

Switzerland

What would be the advantage of c0? You still can fly the mini 2 and other sub 250g legacy drones in A1 in Europe h
With c0 the max hight over takeoff point would be limited to 120m.
1-10 16:22
Use props
Ulrich.L
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_q9fg9ILHtsWv Posted at 2023-12-27 00:57
thanks for the specific response, I believe that DJI, out of respect for its customers, before assigning the C0 class to the mini 2, should have clarified what the company policies are for assigning the C0 class to the mini2, it is respect towards of customers who placed their trust in DJI and who, until the release of the mini2, were reassured about using the drone without a license (not specifying that it was a transitional phase). It's respect for customers.

Hi there, if I understood right, your point is to maintain the status quo for those Mini 2 users who don't want or need to get a C0 certification. Please have a look into the publications concerning the Mini 2 SE C0 certification. DJI already took into account your point and left it up to their users/customers to change to C0 or stay just where they are now. If a certification process for the Mini 2 will be installed, I expect a similar choice for this UAV as well.
1-11 02:06
Use props
Ulrich.L
lvl.1

Germany

fans51f3773b Posted at 1-10 14:47
Hello dji mini 2 se is class c0?

Not initially. However, just by chance I found a DJI publication saying you can apply for a C0 certivication for this model. If you do so you will get a firmware upgrade for your Mini 2 SE to be C0 certified.
1-11 02:10
Use props
Ulrich.L
lvl.1

Germany

Marwie Posted at 1-10 16:22
What would be the advantage of c0? You still can fly the mini 2 and other sub 250g legacy drones in A1 in Europe h
With c0 the max hight over takeoff point would be limited to 120m.

As far as I know, there is no legal advantage currently. However, things might change with ongoing harmonisation and it might be a good idea to be prepared ( if you want to stay legal).
Additionally you can find a lot of incomplete and/or incorrect information around which might be misleading for those who don't use UAV's. Common to all these information is that C0 is the most safe UAV Class so a certification might help when talking to people not familiar with these regulations.
1-11 02:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules