Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,
I have a Mavic Platinum, which I have flown for years off and on. Recently after not flyng for a few months, I went out for a flight and noticed my RC Signal would completely drop off after approx 600 feet, althouogh the HD Signal was fine. When the remote is right next to the drone, I can only get 4 bars on the signal readout. I have tried different ipads, wires etc...The firmware is fine, so I am at a loss to understand what is happening. I suspect it may be a hardware issue, but whether it is the controller or the drone, i have no way to tell. Would sending the log files to DJI be helpful? I don't know whether sending my Mavic to DJI would be worthwhile, although I really like this drone.

Thank you for any assistance.

2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try to have a test flight in a different location to further isolate the issue. We recommend having the test flight in an open area away from any possible interference. Furthermore, you may check the image below for the Optimal Transmission Range of the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum to gain the best signal when flying. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.

2023-12-25
Use props
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-25 00:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try to have a test flight in a different location to further isolate the issue. We recommend having the test flight in an open area away from any possible interference. Furthermore, you may check the image below for the Optimal Transmission Range of the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum to gain the best signal when flying. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.

[view_image]

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I have done that already, it does seem to be a problem with the drone. I have flown my other drones in the same area with no problem. I am not sure how to isolate whether it is the controller or drone? Just one more thing, when viewed through the Litchi app, signal indicator shows 75% while holding controller within a few feet of the Mavic.
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

solsystem7gmail.com Posted at 12-25 06:37
Thank you for responding.

Yes, I have done that already, it does seem to be a problem with the drone. I have flown my other drones in the same area with no problem. I am not sure how to isolate whether it is the controller or drone?  Just one more thing, when viewed through the Litchi app, signal indicator shows 75% while holding controller within a few feet of the Mavic.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Does the issue also happen in different locations using your Mavic Pro Platinum aircraft? You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please try to refresh the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller to further isolate the issue. Please download the correct version using the link below. Lastly, we don't have any guidance on any 3rd party application therefore we cannot provide you any information about this. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Thank you for your understanding.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2
2023-12-28
Use props
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-28 00:40
Thank you for keeping us posted. Does the issue also happen in different locations using your Mavic Pro Platinum aircraft? You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please try to refresh the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller to further isolate the issue. Please download the correct version using the link below. Lastly, we don't have any guidance on any 3rd party application therefore we cannot provide you any information about this. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the information. I will download the Assistant and if no luck, will possibly send it to DJi for evaluation and possible repair.
2023-12-28
Use props
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-28 00:40
Thank you for keeping us posted. Does the issue also happen in different locations using your Mavic Pro Platinum aircraft? You may download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please try to refresh the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller to further isolate the issue. Please download the correct version using the link below. Lastly, we don't have any guidance on any 3rd party application therefore we cannot provide you any information about this. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Thank you for your understanding.

I have sent my Mavic in for repair, hopefully it should be fixable.
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

solsystem7gmail.com Posted at 2023-12-28 18:50
Thank you for the information. I will download the Assistant and if no luck, will possibly send it to DJi for evaluation and possible repair.

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. I hope you have a wonderful day ahead.
1-1 04:42
Use props
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 04:42
You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. I hope you have a wonderful day ahead.

Just to follow-up,

I sent my Mavic in for repair due to low RC Signal. I was informed that there was nothing wrong with my Mavic and it was within tolerances. They took a few pix showing the various tests and in one the iPad they used was next to the Mavic showing 4 bars on the RC Signal, which was the problem to begin with.

I called DJI and the person on the phone told me, I could change the frequency of the controller to 5.8 from 2.4 GHZ and that may solve the problem. I told him I don't think the Mavic Pro has that option, because it only uses 2.4 GHZ. He asked me where I am flying and I told hm that I have no problems with any of the other DJI Drones, just this one. I asked him to tell the service department to see if they could change the frequency before they shipped it back to me, even though it can't be done? At this point the unit has not been repaired and I suspect the controller is the problem, but they said everything is ok.???

I will call them again tomorrow to ask them to check the controller, but I don't know if they will or can?

Thanks
1-11 16:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

solsystem7gmail.com Posted at 1-11 16:08
Just to follow-up,

I sent my Mavic in for repair due to low RC Signal. I was informed that there was nothing wrong with my Mavic and it was within tolerances. They took a few pix showing the various tests and in one the iPad they used was next to the Mavic showing 4 bars on the RC Signal, which was the problem to begin with.

Hello there. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please provide us with your CASE number so we can check the case further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
1-11 23:01
Use props
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 23:01
Hello there. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please provide us with your CASE number so we can check the case further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Sure
CAS-15268546-F5J1L1

Thank you
1-11 23:34
Use props
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI Paladin,

Were you able to make any progress on my case?

Thank you
1-13 07:19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

solsystem7gmail.com Posted at 1-13 07:19
Hello DJI Paladin,

Were you able to make any progress on my case?

Hi there, after checking, our relevant team has tried to contact you before, but fail. For your case, we will arrange a call back again for you, please pay attention to answer the phone. Thank you for your cooperation.
1-15 04:03
Use props
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 1-15 04:03
Hi there, after checking, our relevant team has tried to contact you before, but fail. For your case, we will arrange a call back again for you, please pay attention to answer the phone. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ok Thank you, I missed a call last week, but I called back. I will make sure to answer

Appreciate your help
1-15 06:34
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

solsystem7gmail.com Posted at 1-15 06:34
Ok Thank you, I missed a call last week, but I called back. I will make sure to answer

Appreciate your help

No worries. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.
1-15 06:48
Use props
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 1-15 06:48
No worries. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you DJI....I received my Mavic back yesterday after I was told the antennas needed replacing. After checking more closely, I noticed I was sent a different Mavic and controller. As far as I can tell once the weather clears I will give it a test, but the original signal problem issues seems to have been resolved. I appreciate DJI's follow up and great customer service. Thank you again !!
1-21 08:08
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

solsystem7gmail.com Posted at 1-21 08:08
Thank you DJI....I received my Mavic back yesterday after I was told the antennas needed replacing. After checking more closely, I noticed I was sent a different Mavic and controller. As far as I can tell once the weather clears I will give it a test, but the original signal problem issues seems to have been resolved. I appreciate DJI's follow up and great customer service. Thank you again !!

Glad to hear your issue has been solved. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further question in the future.
1-21 22:36
Use props
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update,

I have flown my "repaired" Mavic, and the original problem with the signal has been corrected. I was told the antenna's were the problem and they needed replacing....which I paid for. As I mentioned before, I did not receive my original Mavic back, but another one and a different controller. The 'new' Mavic has the latest firmware installed, which has now affected my ability to fly in the location which I have flown for years.  I am in a warning zone, with a height restriction of 195 ft, which I never had before....Where I fly there are power towers at about 175ft, which I always like to fly at least 50-100 feet over to be safe, now due to this restriction, I will not take the chance...I wish I was given the option of giving up my original Mavic or accepting another one....Its like you take your car in for repair and receive another one as a replacment without any prior consent....maybe I missed something in the small print?....
1-26 13:53
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-26 17:20
This has been addressed in other threads but FYI whenever you send in a unit for repair, in almost all cases, you are going to receive back a replacement aircraft or RC.  The actual repair of returned aircraft likely takes place in facilities in China.  Returned units are probably allowed to accumulate until they reach a predetermined threshold, perhaps a cargo container or two worth, then sent back to mainland China for servicing.  If your unit was sent out for repair & return, you would be grounded for many weeks or months.

Here are the pluses of receiving a replacement unit:  You get a drone back much faster.  The replacement is in new, or like new, condition.  The replacement works or you can send it back again for exchange.  It includes a warranty.  After you activate the replacement aircraft, you will have the option to purchase DJI Care, providing you one or two years of crash & flyaway coverage on the original out-of-warranty unit.

With DJI Care Enterprise my M3E was in sent in for one of my two available replacements after only a month. 11 months later, thinking I still had a month left, I received notification that my coverage had expired. I called DJI and explained the situation and requested that they let me pay for another year. They said they would review my case and get back to me. They took exactly a month to ever call me back, and when they did it was to notify me that too much time had passed and I would not be allowed to renew. I told the DJI rep that so much time had passed because it took them a month to review my case!! He didn't have any comment to add but it was clear to me that he understood their mess up. This took place just last week so if an admin reads this and would like to make things right, please do so.
1-26 17:28
Use props
solsystem7gmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-26 17:20
This has been addressed in other threads but FYI whenever you send in a unit for repair, in almost all cases, you are going to receive back a replacement aircraft or RC.  The actual repair of returned aircraft likely takes place in facilities in China.  Returned units are probably allowed to accumulate until they reach a predetermined threshold, perhaps a cargo container or two worth, then sent back to mainland China for servicing.  If your unit was sent out for repair & return, you would be grounded for many weeks or months.

Here are the pluses of receiving a replacement unit:  You get a drone back much faster.  The replacement is in new, or like new, condition.  The replacement works or you can send it back again for exchange.  It includes a warranty.  After you activate the replacement aircraft, you will have the option to purchase DJI Care, providing you one or two years of crash & flyaway coverage on the original out-of-warranty unit.

Thank you, although I generally like to repair things myself, in this instance the problem was something I had no way of diagnosing, so I opted to send it it...Agreed, I think this was for the most part the most efficient and timely way to solve the problem...BTW, your username seems to be familiar, didn't you used to test long range antennas etc...a few years ago? I think you were flying the P3? Thanks again for your response.
1-26 17:35
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-26 17:57
I assume you activated the 1-year coverage on the original drone then used it a month in to the coverage leaving 11 months remaining?  Normally the balance of coverage is applied to the replacement so, if I am understanding correctly, you did receive a full year of coverage.  DJI used to send you an email when the coverage was about to expire with an offer to extend it.  Not sure if they still do that but I should find out this spring or summer when my Mini 3 Pro coverage runs out.  I always buy the 2-year plan when I activate just because it is cheaper.  I believe I read somewhere DJI now offers an additional 1-year plan after the 2-year plans expires  (DJI Care+).  Hope they get it sorted out for you.

Yes I still got 12 months of DJI care which I'm fine with. What's confusing though is that on Pilot 2's home screen it has a countdown of days remaining right beside the DJI Care icon. This countdown is in regards to maintenance however and has nothing to do with DJI Care even though it's only a few pixels away from the DJI Care icon. So my DJI Care expired with it saying I had 30 days remaining (I thought). I called DJI as soon as I realized what had happened. The guy took my drones SN and said it would be reviewed but talked like it wouldn't be a problem. Then 30 days later someone calls me back and says it had been expired a little over a month which is too long for renewal. WTF DJI YOU ARE THE REASON IT HAD BEEN EXPIRED THAT LONG. I have a great track record with 5 years worth of Care coverage across 3 drones and only had the one single claim.
1-26 19:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules