1061 10 2023-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17234 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got a Mini 4 Pro with standard batteries. I AM IN THE USA. Newest firmware update info says: Adds support for automatically activating Remote ID in the US only when the aircraft is used with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus. Using with RC-N2 (not the screen RC2) because my vision is not great and I can't see the 5.5" screen very well so I use my iPad. Unfortunately, I had to sell my RC-2.

Anyway, question is, how do I find my REMOTE ID without having the PLUS battery installed? The manual confirms it has RID support but not how to find it.  Since I have other items on my Mini 4 it exceeds 250G and needs to be registered. Yea, Yea, I know, but I'm a stickler for rules.
How do I find the RID?   I have the latest firmware on the RC-N2 as well as the MINI 4 and using the most recent version of DJI FLY.

Thank You

EDIT:  Why do I have to EDIT MY POST at least 4 TIMES before I have the option to POST IT (or else it remains as a "draft" and is not posted).  This has been going on for years on multiple computers both PC and MAC.

2023-12-25
Use props
JeremyB31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1214869 ft
United States

Open the Fly app, click Profile, Device Management, select the Mini 4 Pro, the RID should be the same as the Flight Controller SN
2023-12-25
Use props
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, thanks.  I noticed BOTH the AIRCRAFT S/N and FLIGHT CONTROLLER S/N are the same.  I assume the FLIGHT CONTROLLER they refer to is not the RC-N2 but is the internal module in the A/C.
2023-12-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sometimes when creating a post the post button doesnt show,  but if you hover your mouse over where it should be you'll see the mouse pointer change and you can still click the invisible button.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. You can also see it when tapping the 3 dots on your image transmission at the upper right-hand side of your screen (Settings) and then going to "About". In that section, you will see the Remote ID and the other serial numbers and firmware. Have a nice day.
2023-12-26
Use props
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 21:40
Hi there. You can also see it when tapping the 3 dots on your image transmission at the upper right-hand side of your screen (Settings) and then going to "About". In that section, you will see the Remote ID and the other serial numbers and firmware. Have a nice day.

@DJI TONY. OK, so confirm "SEE IT",  the "IT" is the drone serial number which is the same number as the serial number on the box and the same as the "controller" number.  NOTHING
says RID #.

I assume that is correct as noted by the previous poster but just want the "official DJI word."

Thank You!
2023-12-27
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tired Of Waiting Posted at 12-27 13:33
@DJI TONY. OK, so confirm "SEE IT",  the "IT" is the drone serial number which is the same number as the serial number on the box and the same as the "controller" number.  NOTHING
says RID #.

Yes Aircraft SN and Flight Controller SN is your RID #.

When  you view the FAA DoC, you'll see the RID starts with "1581F6Z9" with remaining 12 unique alphanumeric SN to each drone.
https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000000713

2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tired Of Waiting Posted at 12-27 13:33
@DJI TONY. OK, so confirm "SEE IT",  the "IT" is the drone serial number which is the same number as the serial number on the box and the same as the "controller" number.  NOTHING
says RID #.

Hi. Sorry for not making it clear. Yes, I am referring to the product serial number. If the drone has a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F), the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number and generally the same as the flight controller serial number. Have a nice day.
2023-12-30
Use props
Tired Of Waiting
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-30 02:00
Hi. Sorry for not making it clear. Yes, I am referring to the product serial number. If the drone has a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F), the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number and generally the same as the flight controller serial number. Have a nice day.

Thank you kindly!  It is not that I didn’t believe the other posters, I just wanted to hear it from the company to be 100% sure.  
2023-12-30
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-26 06:19
Sometimes when creating a post the post button doesnt show,  but if you hover your mouse over where it should be you'll see the mouse pointer change and you can still click the invisible button.

ahhh, I will have to try this next time!
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tired Of Waiting Posted at 12-30 05:54
Thank you kindly!  It is not that I didn’t believe the other posters, I just wanted to hear it from the company to be 100% sure.

It's totally fine, we understand. You can always reach us if you have further concerns, Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules