[request] Osmo pocket 3 waterproof case
6365 19 2023-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

Dear all,
When the Osmo pocket 3 was released, I was extremely disappointed a waterproof case was not available (original post https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =300189&pid=3161691).
I remain extremely sad today that a waterproof case is still keeping us waiting.
I searched the web and I see there are questions here and there about it. Here is an example: https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/17phgtz/making_pocket_3_weatherproof/?rdt=62100 .
Is there a timeline to release a waterproof case for the Osmo pocket 3 please?
Thanks.
B
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. There are currently no plans to release a waterproof cover for Osmo Pocket 3. We have registered your request and will provide feedback accordingly. Please stay tuned to our official website. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-26
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

Thank you for the courtesy of a reply. Fingers crossed a waterproof case (for filming in different conditions) sees the light of day.
The Osmo pocket 3 looks great, but the lack of waterproof means I cannot order it. I sometimes travel to places which can get a little bit wet.
It is too frustrating to buy an osmo pocket 3, take it with you on holidays and find that you cannot use it just because of light rain for example.
2023-12-26
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

bertrandh Posted at 12-26 02:01
Thank you for the courtesy of a reply. Fingers crossed a waterproof case (for filming in different conditions) sees the light of day.
The Osmo pocket 3 looks great, but the lack of waterproof means I cannot order it. I sometimes travel to places which can get a little bit wet.
It is too frustrating to buy an osmo pocket 3, take it with you on holidays and find that you cannot use it just because of light rain for example.
use an umbrella
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bertrandh Posted at 12-26 02:01
It is too frustrating to buy an osmo pocket 3, take it with you on holidays and find that you cannot use it just because of light rain for example.

You're welcome. We're committed to improving our product based on user feedback. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2023-12-26
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

Interesting idea but it would notwork for two reasons:
1. inconvenient to have one hand busy with holding an umbrella,
2. the rain can be horizontal and the umbrella would not protect the camera.
2023-12-26
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 02:36
You're welcome. We're committed to improving our product based on user feedback. Thanks for your support and understanding.

The osmo pocket 2 has a waterproof case. Hopefully, a similar case can be produced for the upgraded osmo pocket 3.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bertrandh Posted at 12-26 04:43
The osmo pocket 2 has a waterproof case. Hopefully, a similar case can be produced for the upgraded osmo pocket 3.

We understand. Rest assured this request was already forwarded to the related team. I appreciate your patience.
2023-12-27
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

the OP3 is and was never meant to be an action cam!
There is simply no market for a waterproof case.
2023-12-27
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

UweE Posted at 12-27 01:05
the OP3 is and was never meant to be an action cam!
There is simply no market for a waterproof case.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Your message may also appear as arrogant and disrespectful of a polite request.
2023-12-27
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

bertrandh Posted at 12-27 01:48
Thank you for sharing your opinion. Your message may also appear as arrogant and disrespectful of a polite request.

Can you please tell me, what is arrogant and disrespectful with my post???

It is a fact, that for the use underwater or in heavy rain, other cameras are on the market.
The potential of selling an underwater-case is limited to a very small number of users and
the technical requirements to such a case a massive. It is a little bit more than just a plastic bag...
So it would be rather expensive

So it just an economic decision of DJI or other companies, not to invest in such a component.

2023-12-27
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

France

UweE Posted at 12-27 05:21
Can you please tell me, what is arrogant and disrespectful with my post???

It is a fact, that for the use underwater or in heavy rain, other cameras are on the market.

This thread is only for a polite request. There is no need for a 'know-it-all' to come and try to preach somebody that he should not need something he has politely requested. It is just rude and arrogant.
2023-12-27
Use props
misticjeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73609 ft
United States

@bertrandh
Grow Up.... he's not being rude or a know it all... he's stating his opinion which is most likely fact (part of it is fact, the OP3 is not an action cam).  To develop a waterproof case for the Pocket 3 is a large undertaking and requires a serious investment.  If the market for that case is not large enough, the cost is prohibitive.  There may be a 3rd party that will attempt it, but I don't really think DJI will (I could be wrong).  In either case, read the comments and take the bits that are helpful, ignore what you don't need.
2023-12-27
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

misticjeff Posted at 12-27 07:03
@bertrandh
Grow Up.... he's not being rude or a know it all... he's stating his opinion which is most likely fact (part of it is fact, the OP3 is not an action cam).  To develop a waterproof case for the Pocket 3 is a large undertaking and requires a serious investment.  If the market for that case is not large enough, the cost is prohibitive.  There may be a 3rd party that will attempt it, but I don't really think DJI will (I could be wrong).  In either case, read the comments and take the bits that are helpful, ignore what you don't need.

"Grow up..." > Unwelcome and impolite.
Osmo Pocket is designed to be used outside. Demo videos are filmed outdoor. It is not stupid to ask for a waterproof case. A waterproof case was provided for the Pocket 2.
2023-12-27
Use props
misticjeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73609 ft
United States

"Grow up... > Unwelcome and impolite."
read the comments and take the bits that are helpful, ignore what you don't need.

"Osmo Pocket is designed to be used outside. Demo videos are filmed outdoor."
of course it is...

"It is not stupid to ask for a waterproof case."
and no where in this thread did anyone say it was stupid to ask

"A waterproof case was provided for the Pocket 2."
Yes it was... and did you stop for a moment to think that perhaps the cost of creating, producing, marketing, etc that case was not worth it for the number purchased and thus 'perhaps' DJI 'may not' create one for the Pocket 3?

Below are a few vids showcasing the use of the Pocket 3 in the rain.  Is it waterproof? (probably not), am I suggesting you do this? (at your own risk), but it is being done successfully.

and many others where the user is using an umbrella with the OP3.

2023-12-27
Use props
bertrandh
lvl.2

Netherlands

Thank you for sharing the videos. They are useful for information purposes.
2023-12-28
Use props
djiuser_pbdiYhguKhKx
New

United Kingdom

I had wait years for the Pocket 3, hope I don't have to wait years for the underwater case!
3-5 06:23
Use props
djiuser_XLGOzWB6aIUc
New

Indonesia

Bdrc release a underwater housing.you can buy on aliexpress.
4-1 14:58
Use props
djiuser_7WSA38Mjsgd5
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-26 01:50
Hi there. There are currently no plans to release a waterproof cover for Osmo Pocket 3. We have registered your request and will provide feedback accordingly. Please stay tuned to our official website. Thank you for your understanding.

Next version they need to make it at least water resistant.. Possibly internal memory to avoid an opening..
4-4 19:15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_7WSA38Mjsgd5 Posted at 4-4 19:15
Next version they need to make it at least water resistant.. Possibly internal memory to avoid an opening..

Hi there. We appreciate your suggestion.  What we can do is submit this to the relevant team to provide them with feedback and evaluate it. Thank you for your valued support.
4-6 01:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules