Video editing
1007 9 2023-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Radim Skala
lvl.1
Czechia

Hey guys,

can you write what software programs you use for video editing?

I worked with Capcut for a long time on mobile and desktop. Now after buying Pocket 3 I decided to try to learn in Davinci free version. Unfortunately when editing 4k footage the image lags and I have a powerful pc. I have been struggling with this for the second day. It makes me feel bad because these programs are the only way I can get the most out of my footage.

So please show me your editor programs or some tips. I'll also post a link to my first DJI Pocket 3 video, edited in Capcut.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJM74hSUans&ab_channel=RadimSk%C3%A1la

2023-12-26
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Note that the free version of DaVinci does not utilize the GPU, impacting performance (paid version does). I have been using LumaFusion on my iPad Pro.
2023-12-26
Use props
Radim Skala
lvl.1
Czechia

DaveSp Posted at 12-26 02:11
Note that the free version of DaVinci does not utilize the GPU, impacting performance (paid version does). I have been using LumaFusion on my iPad Pro.

I found out about Luma fusion yesterday from a reddit thread. I also have an ipad, do you think this is a good choice? Will the quality of the Pocket 3 be used?
2023-12-26
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Radim Skala Posted at 12-26 02:16
I found out about Luma fusion yesterday from a reddit thread. I also have an ipad, do you think this is a good choice? Will the quality of the Pocket 3 be used?

I think it's a good choice, with quality results. On my M1 12.9" Pro, it also renders 6 times faster than free DaVinci on my good quality laptop.
2023-12-26
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Final Cut Pro X, on a MacBook M1 Max
2023-12-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It maybe you are recording in H265 and your CPU doesnt support native encoding/decoding of H265 which means that its a slow process unless you create proxy files to start with.  Only CPUs released in the last 2-3 years tend to support native h265.
2023-12-26
Use props
Radim Skala
lvl.1
Czechia

DAFlys Posted at 12-26 06:09
It maybe you are recording in H265 and your CPU doesnt support native encoding/decoding of H265 which means that its a slow process unless you create proxy files to start with.  Only CPUs released in the last 2-3 years tend to support native h265.

I have an Intel Core i5-8600k .... :-(
2023-12-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Radim Skala Posted at 12-26 10:08
I have an Intel Core i5-8600k .... :-(

Run it through handbrake and it will be much quicker.   
2023-12-27
Use props
peterson.isador
lvl.1

United States

Hi!
I've long time ago used SolveigMM Video Splitter for editing, but it's a paid program. There is also a free version, but it has some limitations. Recently, the developer has released a new editor with which you can edit videos online for free. The tool is called Free Online Video Editor, it is handy and quite functional. I am completely satisfied with it. If anyone is looking for a free tool, I recommend giving it a try.
3-25 04:48
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

With Davinci Resolve you can go to menu:

Playback-Proxy Resolution and put it on half or even quarter to be able to edit 4K with no issue.
You can also set the timeline to 1080p while editing and before export put it as 4K timeline and export.

If you get the Studio version, then it will be way much faster to work with and also uses your Nvidia card for export.
3-25 08:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules