Popup after firmware and DJI Fly update
1863 23 2023-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 360505 ft
United States

Ever since this last update I get the pop up pictured when I attempt to manually start the props or use auto takeoff. How do I get rid of this? I have disabled "flight tips" in my profile.

IMG_20231224_111153.jpg
2023-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In order to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, Therefore, you will be asked to confirm this prompt before each flight. When taking off with a stick command/one-click takeoff on the APP/waypoint flight, a pop-up window will prompt you to choose Normal Mode or No Position Hold mode. If you select Normal Mode, the aircraft can hover stably; if you select No Position Hold, the aircraft cannot hover stably, which may affect flight safety, so please choose carefully. Hope this clarifies your query. We appreciate your valued support.
2023-12-27
Use props
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 360505 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-27 21:16
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In order to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, Therefore, you will be asked to confirm this prompt before each flight. When taking off with a stick command/one-click takeoff on the APP/waypoint flight, a pop-up window will prompt you to choose Normal Mode or No Position Hold mode. If you select Normal Mode, the aircraft can hover stably; if you select No Position Hold, the aircraft cannot hover stably, which may affect flight safety, so please choose carefully. Hope this clarifies your query. We appreciate your valued support.

Why are only some people seeing this popup?  The whole thing is weird. Just put an option in the setting for position hold and normal. Dont make me pick every single time I use my drone.
2023-12-28
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

hillbillyflyer Posted at 12-28 05:30
Why are only some people seeing this popup?  The whole thing is weird. Just put an option in the setting for position hold and normal. Dont make me pick every single time I use my drone.

Been doing some thinking about how you can get rid of the popup, I don't know if any of this would work but, heres a couple pics of my controller screen, not sure if it looks the same on your I pad with the fly app as on my RC2..
Make sure thats not disabled.

I found this in my flight settings, I clicked on it to see what would happen, got that and when I hit skip, it gave me a check box option not to see it again.

This is the one I mentioned before in the profile settings

2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

hillbillyflyer Posted at 2023-12-28 05:30
Why are only some people seeing this popup?  The whole thing is weird. Just put an option in the setting for position hold and normal. Dont make me pick every single time I use my drone.

Thank you for your response, hillbillyflyer. In order to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, Therefore, you will be asked to confirm before each flight. However, we will gather this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.
1-1 04:07
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get this as well, now I know why...
1-1 07:38
Use props
dwabrams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235961 ft
United States

I've seen no difference in the performance of the Mavic 3 Pro when I engage the No Position Hold Mode. The drone still maintains its position well. Has anyone else tried it?
1-10 09:23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 04:07
Thank you for your response, hillbillyflyer. In order to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, Therefore, you will be asked to confirm before each flight. However, we will gather this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.

NOT a satisfactory answer!!! There is ZERO difference in flight or position hold ability regardless of choice. I have tried both ways on Mavic 3 Classic at altitude to check VPS or GPS position hold. BOTH are perfect. The warning is totally unnecessary!!!
1-10 09:30
Use props
dwabrams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235961 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-10 09:30
NOT a satisfactory answer!!! There is ZERO difference in flight or position hold ability regardless of choice. I have tried both ways on Mavic 3 Classic at altitude to check VPS or GPS position hold. BOTH are perfect. The warning is totally unnecessary!!!

It's not just a warning. It's a user input box, requiring that a selection be made. But, as you say, there's no apparent difference in the two modes.

I just checked the latest (12/27/23) of DJI's release notes and the user manual. There's nothing in either about NPH. DJI has really dropped the ball on documenting this new "feature" and communicating with owners.
1-10 09:33
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Just a thought, if you're feeling brave, try refreshing the firmware on your mini 4 with the DJI assist 2. I got the Integra goggles, and motion 2 and had to update them through the DJI assist 2, it took 2 tries for the goggles, but the motion 2 worked first time and they seem to function normally.
1-10 13:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-10 09:30
NOT a satisfactory answer!!! There is ZERO difference in flight or position hold ability regardless of choice. I have tried both ways on Mavic 3 Classic at altitude to check VPS or GPS position hold. BOTH are perfect. The warning is totally unnecessary!!!

Hello, Mobilehomer. We really appreciate your feedback regarding this matter. Rest assured that this concern will be coordinated with our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-11 22:37
Use props
Robert Mitchell
lvl.3
United States

Since the last update, I get that screen every time I start up and want to fly. It's so incredibly annoying and makes no sense. Make it a preference or a setting but not something that we do every time we start a flight.
1-29 16:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Robert Mitchell Posted at 1-29 16:09
Since the last update, I get that screen every time I start up and want to fly. It's so incredibly annoying and makes no sense. Make it a preference or a setting but not something that we do every time we start a flight.

Thank you for your recommendation. This will be forwarded to the designated team. Rest assured all customer feedback is considered to improve the products and services. Have a nice day.
1-29 21:11
Use props
gary h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4833747 ft
  • >>>
United States

Robert Mitchell Posted at 1-29 16:09

I too would rather see it in the settings to be set ONCE as a global setting -- not on every flight. That dialog box catches me every time I attempt to start the motors, and nothing happens. Annoying! (and apparently it won't change anything for me with a Mavic 3 using a smart controller.)
2-3 15:24
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131355 ft
United States

This screen needs to be eliminated…….period, why does DJI feel the need to flash this dialogue box regardless of experience level.
2-3 15:30
Use props
djiuser_59ie2iDtSCew
lvl.1

United States

I get the same message - even though my controller is in normal mode.
2-3 17:08
Use props
fans784f71b4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 46798589 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a big and needs to be fixed you are not helping anyone by adding this you are just getting in the way of people trying to do a job with this done!!! It needs to be able to be turned off permanently and stop saying it’s to protect anybody it’s just a bug!!!!
2-18 09:36
Use props
fans784f71b4
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-12-27 21:16
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In order to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, Therefore, you will be asked to confirm this prompt before each flight. When taking off with a stick command/one-click takeoff on the APP/waypoint flight, a pop-up window will prompt you to choose Normal Mode or No Position Hold mode. If you select Normal Mode, the aircraft can hover stably; if you select No Position Hold, the aircraft cannot hover stably, which may affect flight safety, so please choose carefully. Hope this clarifies your query. We appreciate your valued support.
This response is abject nonsense!! The warning is a mistake! You need to fix this. Let’s look at the facts: even though position hold is already turned on in the dji fly app you still give us this warning and make us select something that is already on! This should only display if position hold has been turned off otherwise it is just a waist of time! I hope you get flooded with complaints about this so you will fix it.
2-18 10:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans784f71b4 Posted at 2-18 10:58
This response is abject nonsense!! The warning is a mistake! You need to fix this. Let’s look at the facts: even though position hold is already turned on in the dji fly app you still give us this warning and make us select something that is already on! This should only display if position hold has been turned off otherwise it is just a waist of time! I hope you get flooded with complaints about this so you will fix it.

Hello there. My apologies if the response did not meet the expectations. Please allow me to record this concern of yours as a suggestion and forward it to our relevant team. If you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2-19 02:12
Use props
fans784f71b4
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

At the very minimum it needs a “do not show me this again” button
3-16 06:52
Use props
fansc1642763
lvl.1

United States

Stupidest thing ever added to this drone. I lost a $650 fliught today because this message popped up and it was frozen on my screen with no avail. I  power everything off and the same thing again. Now its not freezing anymore but nonetheless it caused me to pack up apologize to my client and go home. Wow...just wow. These people do not know much about UI/UX. Nothing. If DJI listened to just one of the folks who recommended stuff would be great.
4-4 19:53
Use props
West End Drone
lvl.1

United States

New Firmware update apparently has resolved the issue with Flight Safety Tips pop-up.  Normal mode now shows as "P" mode
Fly App.jpg
4-12 03:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

West End Drone Posted at 4-12 03:48
New Firmware update apparently has resolved the issue with Flight Safety Tips pop-up.  Normal mode now shows as "P" mode

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Please provide us with the following for further investigation:

App version used:
The firmware version of the drone:
4-13 01:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules