Q: can I find out in which mode a file was taken?
670 8 2023-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emacs42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2169 ft
Germany

Hi there,

I'm re-processing some of the files I took in the first days with the OP3.
It's easy to tell from the metadata, which files were taken in HLG, but everything else seems to be labled just as Rec.709.

Is there any way to determine with certainty if an OP3 video was taken in normal mode, or DLog-M, or nightmode?

Cheers,
Emacs
2023-12-27
Use props
JE Rome
lvl.3
United States

This information may be within the Pocket 3 metadata written to the video file. As I don't yet have a Pocket 3, I hope the Pocket 2 information below is helpful/relevant.

On the Pocket 2, "DE" within the "Comment" tag metadata field indicates the color profile with DE=D-CLike (D-Cinelike) or DE=None (Normal).
"HQ", also in the "Comment" tag shows if Battery Saver/High Quality was on or off.

2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. We will coordinate your concern with our relevant team for further checking and recommendation.
2023-12-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Update: We're sorry that we don't have any indicator via file name and this can only be checked visually. The color of DlogM will be more grayer. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-30
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a website that might show the information:  https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline

You drag and drop your video file, it instantly shows these results.  (It is not uploading the video)

HLG and D-LOG M

2023-12-30
Use props
JE Rome
lvl.3
United States

smbishop Posted at 12-30 06:27
Here is a website that might show the information:  https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline

You drag and drop your video file, it instantly shows these results.  (It is not uploading the video)

Thank you for confirming the information is in the metadata. It's nice to see that DJI is putting information in their correct tags rather than dumping them in a comment tag (as was done with previous Osmo iterations).
2023-12-30
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had the Pocket 3 for three days and I am doing a bunch of comparison videos between modes and comparing to the Pocket 2.  It would be great if there was an easy way to know what mode you are in, like a tag in the file name or something.  The Custome file name is great, but really not applicable when doing a multitude of tests.  I ended up keeping a record on paper, then manually renaming the files...
2023-12-30
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Germany

smbishop Posted at 12-30 12:41
I have had the Pocket 3 for three days and I am doing a bunch of comparison videos between modes and comparing to the Pocket 2.  It would be great if there was an easy way to know what mode you are in, like a tag in the file name or something.  The Custome file name is great, but really not applicable when doing a multitude of tests.  I ended up keeping a record on paper, then manually renaming the files...

Thank you all.
That HLG is marked in the metadata was clear.
> It's easy to tell from the metadata, which files were taken in HLG, but everything else seems to be labled just as Rec.709.

The core of my question was more about DLOG-M vs Normal vs NightMode - as all those are regular Rec.709.

I still need to find and check the comment field in the metadata to see if there is anything in there. But as far as I interpret the answers above, that won't be a complete solution anyways.

Cheers,
Emacs
2023-12-31
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Germany

Emacs42 Posted at 2023-12-31 01:30
Thank you all.
That HLG is marked in the metadata was clear.
> It's easy to tell from the metadata, which files were taken in HLG, but everything else seems to be labled just as Rec.709.

So, I did check a couple of files with MediaInfo, as suggested above.
As seen in the screenshots, HLG is clearly identifiable, all the rest is not.
There is no comment field containing any additional details about the mode used (i.e. "Normal" vs. "DlogM").

@DJI it would be a nice touch to add the capture mode in one of the metadata fields. But I think there is another thread for that already existing.
1-6 04:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules