New Firmware 28.12.2023
1179 17 2023-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

DJI has released a new firmware for the Mavic 3 E/T today.
RC: v02.01.02.02
Drone: v09.00.05.05
Despite the fact that the version has increased from V7 to V9, according to the release notes, there are only: Fixed some minor bugs.
No vision assist, no white balance...
2023-12-28
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Fixed some minor bugs" At least DJI admits that they aren't fixing any of the major ones that have plagued the M3E since launch.
2023-12-28
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-28 13:28
"Fixed some minor bugs" At least DJI admits that they aren't fixing any of the major ones that have plagued the M3E since launch.

They forgot to mention “added some new bugs”
2023-12-28
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 12-28 14:23
They forgot to mention “added some new bugs”

You'd think jumping from V7 to V9 would include more than a few unnamed minor bug fixes.
2023-12-28
Use props
pspec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2570446 ft
Switzerland

I don't know if this has been changed in this or the last Pilot 2 app version:
- CSC command can no longer be configured.
2023-12-29
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-28 14:41
You'd think jumping from V7 to V9 would include more than a few unnamed minor bug fixes.

Did they fix any/all the introduced bugs from the past few updates?

For example: the minimap zoomed way out thing.

I’m still on the firmware from last April or whenever. Mine works flawlessly, hence the skipping of “updates”
2023-12-29
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 12-29 11:40
Did they fix any/all the introduced bugs from the past few updates?

For example: the minimap zoomed way out thing.

No they didn't. Map zoomed way out is still present. If you're still on firmware from a few releases ago you're not missing much. The flight planning UI has changed a bit but that's literally it. POI mode is still terrible. Still doesn't have a single "smart" mode or any new feature added. Still only 2 choices to video in. Still no raw on the tele lens. No white balance. Focus mode still changes itself. No AEB photos. I mean, they still as of right now haven't even advertised on these forums that there's even a new firmware update available. That shows you how excited they are about it.
2023-12-29
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does this firmware ask for your remote operator ID out of interest? Have seem some posts elsewhere on social media mentioning with latest firmware for Matrice 300 and M3T they were prompted to enter in a specific format, which at least for those in the UK wasn't correct format... but then prompt went away.  Remote ID not a thing over here at moment...
2023-12-31
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Axelz Posted at 12-31 06:47
Does this firmware ask for your remote operator ID out of interest? Have seem some posts elsewhere on social media mentioning with latest firmware for Matrice 300 and M3T they were prompted to enter in a specific format, which at least for those in the UK wasn't correct format... but then prompt went away.  Remote ID not a thing over here at moment...

I haven't seen this pop up in my 2 hours of using the newest firmware. I actually haven't found a single thing different in the last 2 updates that have come out this month. I wouldn't be able to tell them apart if I was handed one M3E with v07.01.20.01 and one with v09.00.05.05. The fact that they're pushing updates with no details in the changelog and no visual difference in the UI doesn't sound good. Especially given the fact that there's so much being requested for them to add. Yet, we keep getting updates but none of their customer feedback is being listened to. We have made their forum admins and engineers both look like fools with the whole white balance debacle yet update after update it still isn't added.
2023-12-31
Use props
MavicMapper
lvl.2
Australia

Really disappointing, I had hoped for a bit more as well...  At least a decent changelog would make me a feel a little better lol...
1-1 02:01
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

They patched the foreign language warning. Haven't noticed anything else.
1-3 02:28
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems to have added the ability to store 5 different custom RTK connections. At least I hadn't noticed it until now.
1-6 13:59
Use props
enrico.desanti76gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1516647 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Is it possible to connect two remote controls to the Mavic 3 Enterprise?. with the new firmware?
2-7 08:47
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

enrico.desanti76gmail.com Posted at 2-7 08:47
Is it possible to connect two remote controls to the Mavic 3 Enterprise?. with the new firmware?

No but I'm sure DJI appreciates your feedback. They'll more than likely forward it to their relevant team for consideration. Or so we're told.
2-7 18:17
Use props
dedronis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1516647 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I wanted to ask if DJI has considered using the Goggles 2 on the Mavic3e/T, working in the search and rescue sector it would be very useful. the only current solution is to connect the old DJI Goggles with the HDMI cable to the RC PRO... which in my opinion is now outdated given DJI technology
2-17 23:14
Use props
djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1846860 ft
United Kingdom

I foolishly just updated to the new firmware, and there is now a glitch. When the drone switches from doing the straight down images to the "Elevation optimization" pass it brings up a "Geo-awareness" fault saying there's a Geo restriction and pauses the mission. There isn't a restricted zone at all. I can fly the last line manually fine.
2-19 11:00
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg Posted at 2-19 11:00
I foolishly just updated to the new firmware, and there is now a glitch. When the drone switches from doing the straight down images to the "Elevation optimization" pass it brings up a "Geo-awareness" fault saying there's a Geo restriction and pauses the mission. There isn't a restricted zone at all. I can fly the last line manually fine.

Is this a single time error or does it happen every time during the elevation optimization? Have you tried at different sites? That's odd because this last flight line is flying in the same area that has already been flown in.
2-19 16:38
Use props
djiuser_xp22w5ZmmFMg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1846860 ft
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-19 16:38
Is this a single time error or does it happen every time during the elevation optimization? Have you tried at different sites? That's odd because this last flight line is flying in the same area that has already been flown in.

Happened on 2 different surveys, both in the same area,  but there are no restrictions anywhere near. Another person in the commercial drone operators Facebook group had the same glitch.
2-23 08:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules