Questions regarding Osmo Pocket 3 Filters
659 5 2023-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mhpG8jjkmBZ3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So i just picked up some freewell filters and I'm just wondering about 2 things.

1. As you probably know the filters are magnetic and they snap onto the front glass with a bit of force despite being so small, is there any chance this could damage/scratch the pocket 3's glass?

2. Should I turn the Pocket 3 off when removing filters? It requires a bit of a tug and whilst it's not excessive, I was wondering if it could damage the gimbal in any way if youre pulling at it whilst it's turned on.

I've always been super careful with my Ronin but I've never known how durable the motors etc are in regards to to applying force whilst it's turned on.
2023-12-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a set of Freewell ND filters on the OP3 also.  I normally don't turn off the camera before removing the filter but I do support the camera head in the process.  The Freewell filters fit nicely and are easy to put on and fairly easy to remove.  I've never had any scratches caused by the filters on the OP1, OP2 and this new OP3.  
2023-12-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your queries with us. Please be cautious about using third-party accessories as this may damage your unit. However, we hope you get the best feedback regarding the said filter. Moreover, filters can be attached to the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 while it's turned on but please proceed with gently. Please feel free to reach us if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.
2023-12-30
Use props
djiuser_myGiIMAfApz5
New
United States

Is it ok to rotate the camera head when the camera is powered down (overpowering the magnetic axis lock)to install a filter, the move the head back to the axis lock position?  I find it much easier to do this versus installing thin filters when the camera is powered on and stabilizing.  Am I hurting the axis lock mechanism by doing this?  I do it very gently. Thank you!
1-15 19:29
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

djiuser_myGiIMAfApz5 Posted at 1-15 19:29
Is it ok to rotate the camera head when the camera is powered down (overpowering the magnetic axis lock)to install a filter, the move the head back to the axis lock position?  I find it much easier to do this versus installing thin filters when the camera is powered on and stabilizing.  Am I hurting the axis lock mechanism by doing this?  I do it very gently. Thank you!

Hasn't hurt my P1 or P3 and I don't worry about doing it.
1-15 19:36
Use props
djiuser_myGiIMAfApz5
New
United States

DaveSp Posted at 1-15 19:36
Hasn't hurt my P1 or P3 and I don't worry about doing it.

Thank you!
1-15 19:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules