Newbie: Advantages to Micro SD card in Drone?
1022 12 2023-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wmcneil
lvl.1
United States

I am a first time drone user, received a Mini 2 SE as a christmas present. I will be using a Google Pixel 6 android phone with the RC. What are the advantages of having a Micro SD card in the drone?

2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that the DJI Mini 2 SE is not equipped with internal storage. You can take photos or videos using the drone however, when a microSD card is not installed, the photos/videos you take will be of a lower resolution (720p). We highly recommend installing a microSD card before shooting. Hope this helps. Happy holidays!
2023-12-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What are the advantages of having a Micro SD card in the drone?
If you intend shooting photos or videos, the only way to save them is to have an SD card in your drone.
2023-12-28
Use props
wmcneil
lvl.1
United States

Thanks to those that replied. I see the Mini 2 SE User Manual has this list of recommended Micro SD Cards:

2023-12-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

wmcneil Posted at 12-29 06:08
Thanks to those that replied. I see the Mini 2 SE User Manual has this list of recommended Micro SD Cards:

[view_image]

Thank you for your update. Yes, you may refer to the list of recommended SD cards for our DJI Mini 2 SE. Please feel free to reach us if you have further concerns.
2023-12-30
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-7 15:40
Use props
Ryan70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6556680 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2023-12-28 20:28
If you intend shooting photos or videos, the only way to save them is to have an SD card in your drone.

Is this a serious question?

Read the MANUAL on PAPER and the website.  It's not only the law, but common sense.

99 % of the questions here can be answered if people took a few minutes to actually educate themselves.
4-12 16:30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ryan70 Posted at 4-12 16:30
Is this a serious question?

Read the MANUAL on PAPER and the website.  It's not only the law, but common sense.

It's the law?  Man I missed that one.  What law are you talking about??
4-13 16:40
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 605207 ft

Slovakia

TonyPHX Posted at 4-13 16:40
It's the law?  Man I missed that one.  What law are you talking about??
For example in Europe as per EASA rules for C0 category where Mini 2 in question belongs? EU commision regulation 947/2019
Drones_poster4_EN_v4TN.png
4-13 22:57
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

harweyko Posted at 4-13 22:57
For example in Europe as per EASA rules for C0 category where Mini 2 in question belongs? EU commision regulation 947/2019

Your previous reply as well as this one have nothing to do with the post you replied to or to the original post in this thread.
It looks like you are posting in reply to a thread that no-one can identify.

I think it's the law that you must post to the appropriate thread to avoid confusion.
You now have two infringements on your record.
4-14 00:24
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 4-14 00:24
Your previous reply as well as this one have nothing to do with the post you replied to or to the original post in this thread.

Well I thought it was pretty obvious what they werr replying to, and it is relevant to the original question.

If you follow the conversation they advised the OP to read the manual because not only are most questions answered in the manual, but it is the law to read the manual.

When questioned about which law says you need to read the manual they replied not only with the law reference but an infographic showing that for sub 250g or C0 drones the pilot qualification required is to "Read the manual".

Seems pretty straightforward to.me, simple conversational flow, relevant and in the right thread.
4-14 03:23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

No Original Thought Posted at 4-14 03:23
Well I thought it was pretty obvious what they werr replying to, and it is relevant to the original question.

If you follow the conversation they advised the OP to read the manual because not only are most questions answered in the manual, but it is the law to read the manual.

The op only asked:

Rather than making any attempt to answer the question he only gave a smug "read the manual" which isn't much help when the answer to his question isn't explained in the manual.
The OP's location is shown as USA, so European Union rules are not relevant.

But since the originally asked way back in four months ago, the unhelpful and irrelevant response isn't terribly useful.
Particularly when the OP was given accurate and relevant help back when he asked 4 months ago.
4-14 03:49
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 605207 ft

Slovakia

Labroides Posted at 4-14 00:24
Your previous reply as well as this one have nothing to do with the post you replied to or to the original post in this thread.

I apologize but when reading the forum on mobile the page does not show users country, should have checked the age of thread...
There is also just 1 reply from me but two infridgements.. but ok, this is 2nd off topic so deserved and accepted..
If the answer was inappropriate I apologize, admins, please delete both from this thread..
4-14 08:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules