White dots in night photography
487 11 2023-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Hello. I am noticing pronounced white dots like dead pixels, in the images taken at night. I have everything updated from the DJI Fly app down to the Battery Firmware. Is this a problem with my settings (Manual 100 ISO with Auto shutter speed) or the image sensor is degrading? Below are the links to the original DNG image and enhanced JPGs for your convenience.  

1. Original DNG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... jG/view?usp=sharing
2. Enhanced JPG (1): https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... BU/view?usp=sharing
3. Enhanced JPG (2): https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... B9/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.
2023-12-30
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

Hi Dreamtuner. Can you outline the dots in the photos you sent or explain in what area they are. More of a curiosity for me but other then what looks like lights on the top of whatever your capturing I don’t see anything noticeable.
2023-12-30
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Wyldwestaz10 Posted at 12-30 11:21
Hi Dreamtuner. Can you outline the dots in the photos you sent or explain in what area they are. More of a curiosity for me but other then what looks like lights on the top of whatever your capturing I don’t see anything noticeable.

Hi there. I am sorry I did not make it clear. If you observe the black areas around the center of the image, you will see stars-like dots. Let me know if it is still hard to notice, in which case I will reupload the whole batch pointing specifically to the dots in the images.
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, dreamtuner. Sorry about the trouble. I will forward this to the related team to check. I will keep you updated. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-30
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

DJI Tony Posted at 12-30 22:20
Hi, dreamtuner. Sorry about the trouble. I will forward this to the related team to check. I will keep you updated. We appreciate your patience.

Sure. Thanks.
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You are most welcome. No response yet but I'll be back to this once they reply. Thank you.
2023-12-31
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-31 02:32
You are most welcome. No response yet but I'll be back to this once they reply. Thank you.

Hi DJI Tony. Do you have an update?
1-6 23:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dreamtuner Posted at 1-6 23:49
Hi DJI Tony. Do you have an update?

Hi, dreamtuner. Sorry about the late reply. Just got an update from the related team. Please try taking a few more photos. If the white spots appear in the same place in each photo, they might be dead pixels. Then the drone needs to be sent back to DJI for repair. Have a nice day.
1-9 02:22
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

DJI Tony Posted at 1-9 02:22
Hi, dreamtuner. Sorry about the late reply. Just got an update from the related team. Please try taking a few more photos. If the white spots appear in the same place in each photo, they might be dead pixels. Then the drone needs to be sent back to DJI for repair. Have a nice day.

Alright. Thanks for the update.
1-9 05:05
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

They definitely look like dead pixels to me, and a lot of them, much more than you'd usually get even on an old sensor. But maybe these get banged around more than typical camera sensors.
1-9 14:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dreamtuner Posted at 1-9 05:05
Alright. Thanks for the update.

You are most welcome. Please reach us if you have further concerns, we are more than glad to help. Have a great day ahead.
1-10 02:09
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

sduck Posted at 1-9 14:18
They definitely look like dead pixels to me, and a lot of them, much more than you'd usually get even on an old sensor. But maybe these get banged around more than typical camera sensors.

I am certain these are hot pixels too. Maybe the sensor gave up at last.
1-10 07:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules