674 5 2023-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guzziguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 717320 ft
  • >>>
Spain

[color=var(--primary-text)][size=0.9375]I have a Mavic 3 Classic with DJI RC. The RC battery drops from fully charged to two lights in less than an hour. The kit is less than a year old and flight hours have not been excessive. Anyone else have a similar experience? Is there any remedy to restore the battery life?

[color=var(--secondary-text)][size=0.9375]
All reactions:

2023-12-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI only has it listed as a 4 hour operating time on a single battery. That's probably with the screen dimmed way down a hardly any load being on it. That's just how it's going to be with the low end hardware of a DJI RC. Keep a battery bank in your back pocket and have it charging the RC frequently while you're out flying. That's about all you can do besides dimming the screen to gain a few extra minutes.
2023-12-30
Use props
guzziguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 717320 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-30 11:48
DJI only has it listed as a 4 hour operating time on a single battery. That's probably with the screen dimmed way down a hardly any load being on it. That's just how it's going to be with the low end hardware of a DJI RC. Keep a battery bank in your back pocket and have it charging the RC frequently while you're out flying. That's about all you can do besides dimming the screen to gain a few extra minutes.

Thanks for that - makes sense. I have several big power banks so that's not a problem. Would the RC2 or RC pro be any better?
2023-12-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

guzziguy Posted at 12-30 11:52
Thanks for that - makes sense. I have several big power banks so that's not a problem. Would the RC2 or RC pro be any better?

The RC2 has a slightly larger battery but they only have it listed with a 3 hour use time. I have the RC Pro and I'd say it gets 3-4 hours of actual flying. I just keep a battery bank with me if I know I'll need more than than.
2023-12-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

guzziguy Posted at 12-30 11:52

At the moment, the RC 2 does NOT support any O3 drone. Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro only. The RC Pro is the BEST choice!
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the DJI RC has a maximum operating time of 4 hours, however, this will depend on the usage of the user and other factors. I hope this information helps. Please feel free to reach us anytime.
2023-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules