Anyone tried a firmware downgrade with DJI Assist 2?
1562 15 2023-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Good day, I'm wondering if anyone has managed to use DJI Assist 2 in order to downgrade from the most recent v01.00.0300 aircraft and v02.00.0300 RC2 firmware update to the previous version v01.00.0210 aircraft and v02.00.0100 firmware that seemed to be issue free?
In addition to a vanishing home point H after using the auto active shots, I'm now seeing the controller give me warnings on the bottom of the screen that the ground is 2 meters away when in fact its more like 20 meters.

2023-12-30
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

So I downloaded the consumer DJI assist 2 to my windows 10 laptop, plug the Mini 4 pro in and get this error popup, which I now see is some kind of windows error or something.  At any rate, I was able to work underneath the popup, and clicked on the mini 4 icon that appeared and it only shows refresh the current firmware, no downgrade, so guess I'm stuck with buggy firmware till DJI releases an update. Was worth a try

2023-12-30
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4354 ft
Switzerland

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-30 16:56
So I downloaded the consumer DJI assist 2 to my windows 10 laptop, plug the Mini 4 pro in and get this error popup, which I now see is some kind of windows error or something.  At any rate, I was able to work underneath the popup, and clicked on the mini 4 icon that appeared and it only shows refresh the current firmware, no downgrade, so guess I'm stuck with buggy firmware till DJI releases an update. Was worth a try
[view_image]
[view_image]

I would also like to revert back to the older version but I had the same experience with Dji Assistant 2 (mac). Are there any other options?
Dji forum admins??
2023-12-31
Use props
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 360505 ft
United States

Im betting with the activation of the drone ID under certain circumstances  being part of this last update, there wont be much turning back.  My drone was a gift I did no research on drones and quite honestly never once thought about owning one. In the last 20 years I can count on one hand the number of close sourced applications I have used. If it didn't or doesn't work with Linux I dont use or want it. IMO its just a toy you don't own. You will only be able to do what DJI wants  and allows you to do.  I don't create content and never will I don't even record video. This drones only use is flying over my farm and land basically looking for trespassers and anything out of the ordinary all in real time.  If this M4P was not a gift from my dying parent I would 100% sell it.
2023-12-31
Use props
StepCH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4354 ft
Switzerland

hillbillyflyer Posted at 12-31 04:52
Im betting with the activation of the drone ID under certain circumstances  being part of this last update, there wont be much turning back.  My drone was a gift I did no research on drones and quite honestly never once thought about owning one. In the last 20 years I can count on one hand the number of close sourced applications I have used. If it didn't or doesn't work with Linux I dont use or want it. IMO its just a toy you don't own. You will only be able to do what DJI wants  and allows you to do.  I don't create content and never will I don't even record video. This drones only use is flying over my farm and land basically looking for trespassers and anything out of the ordinary all in real time.  If this M4P was not a gift from my dying parent I would 100% sell it.

So, I guess you‘re saying is you don‘t know of any other options either.
2023-12-31
Use props
JeremyB31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364560 ft
United States

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-30 16:56
So I downloaded the consumer DJI assist 2 to my windows 10 laptop, plug the Mini 4 pro in and get this error popup, which I now see is some kind of windows error or something.  At any rate, I was able to work underneath the popup, and clicked on the mini 4 icon that appeared and it only shows refresh the current firmware, no downgrade, so guess I'm stuck with buggy firmware till DJI releases an update. Was worth a try
[view_image]
[view_image]

See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 575&pid=3194924 to fix that error message
2023-12-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone down grades of firmware are usually blocked by DJI.
2023-12-31
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

JeremyB31 Posted at 12-31 05:44
See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=302575&pid=3194924 to fix that error message

Thanks for that info!
2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience. Please know that it's not advisable to downgrade the firmware, plus the new firmware includes the RID function which can't be turned off or reverted manually. If you experience a problem with the latest firmware, you may perform refreshing the firmware and check it again. If the problem persists, you may send us a short video showing the problem including a screenshot of the firmware of your aircraft via the DJI Fly app. Kindly let us know about the latest progress. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

StepCH Posted at 12-31 02:50
I would also like to revert back to the older version but I had the same experience with Dji Assistant 2 (mac). Are there any other options?
Dji forum admins??

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm if you experienced any problems with the latest firmware version of the DJI Mini 4 Pro? Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
1-1 00:00
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-1 00:00
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm if you experienced any problems with the latest firmware version of the DJI Mini 4 Pro? Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D924%26typeid%3D924
1-1 09:43
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Manitobahunter Posted at 2023-12-30 16:56
So I downloaded the consumer DJI assist 2 to my windows 10 laptop, plug the Mini 4 pro in and get this error popup, which I now see is some kind of windows error or something.  At any rate, I was able to work underneath the popup, and clicked on the mini 4 icon that appeared and it only shows refresh the current firmware, no downgrade, so guess I'm stuck with buggy firmware till DJI releases an update. Was worth a try
[view_image]
[view_image]

After doing some digging, I found the issue is I have a new copy of windows 10 on my laptop with none of the microsoft visual c++ files that copies of windows tend to aquire from various programs over time. DJI does not include these files in the .exe file of the DJI assistant 2, so I needed to download and install them, and then the popup went away. Here's where I found them at Microsoft :
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/ ... ation.aspx?id=26999
1-4 22:18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 1-1 09:43
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=304139&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D924%26typeid%3D924

Thanks for pointing this out and sorry for the inconvenience. Since the case is being handled by our colleague, please stay tuned to the latest information that will be provided. We do appreciate your patience.
1-5 03:12
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-5 03:12
Thanks for pointing this out and sorry for the inconvenience. Since the case is being handled by our colleague, please stay tuned to the latest information that will be provided. We do appreciate your patience.

Thank you and have a great day!
1-5 07:28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 1-5 07:28
Thank you and have a great day!

You're most welcome. Have a wonderful day today and always!
1-8 00:20
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

So, this being, in essence, “an offer you can't refuse”, if you want all the additional goodies & features, you also have to accept the “poison pill(s)” that come with them.

Which is why I've asked these questions, & pending any answers, I'm not at all inclined to accept any updates from DJI - not for the Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller which I've owned for >1-1/2 years - & now, the new Mini 4 Pro with the RC2, & all the batteries.

I can appreciate DJI wanting to play “Mama Bear” to their customers, but in reality, it's only looking out for itself, & being able to continue selling its (drone) products in the USSA while sacrificing their customers in the process.

It's like, buying a car, for instance, with the full interest & knowledge of its capabilities, but then, an “update” from the manufacturer comes along, & suddenly, your car is now limited to only being able to drive at the posted speed limit(s) of the road upon which you're driving at that moment.

The car manufacturer has diminished the function & value of the car to you, with the stated reason being, “to keep you safe(r), & avoiding violations & fines” but in reality, the car manufacturer is trying to ingratiate itself to the governing authorities, which, ofc, aren't at all happy that your car used to be able to drive at speeds far exceeding the legal limits, & so, have included in their update that enabled a bunch of new abilities & functions, but also that new limited speed function, governed to whatever the posted speed limit(s) happen to be at the moment.

So, I've recently purchased the new Mini 4 Pro, with the RC2, & batteries, but I'll not be doing any firmware upgrades, & ESPECIALLY, those which can't be rolled back.

My questions, C&P from elsewhere:

[from 1 of the DJI Forum Admins]:    "Since the aircraft will weigh more than 250g when using the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, this will require to comply with the RID (FAA) regulations. After updating the firmware, the aircraft will comply with Remote ID wherein it will provide information about drones in flight, such as the identity, location, and altitude of the drone and its control station. Remote ID is the ability of a drone in flight to provide identification and location information that can be received by other parties."

Does this also apply to the Mini 3 Pro?

I ask, as I have both the Mini 3 Pro, & now the Mini 4 Pro.

I haven't flown my Mini 3 Pro in a while, & haven't done any firmware updates since then — several months — but due to my being lax in not reading the details of the firmware update prior to updating my Mini 3 Pro back in September 2022, it was updated to include the RID broadcast function, which can't be rolled back to the previous version.

I assume that if I hadn't done that update, my Mini 3 Pro would not be compliant with the FAA RID function.

Does the Mini 3 Pro broadcast RID, all the time, or not, or is that only while using the Plus batteries?

Does updating batteries have anything to do with either the Mini 3 Pro, or the Mini 4 Pro, enabling or disabling the RID broadcast signal, depending on which type of battery is being used?

Now that I recently purchased the new Mini 4 Pro, I have a similar question — if the Mini 4 Pro is not updated from (I'm assuming, Date: 2023.11.08 Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0210) to the most recent/current firmware version, is it compliant with the FAA RID requirement, by default out of the box, as in, does it by default, broadcast RID, regardless of the battery type, or not?

If so, does this most recent firmware update merely turn off the RID signal broadcast when using the standard batteries?

Or,

If not, does this most recent firmware update turn on the RID signal broadcast, but only when using the Plus batteries?

I've learned through my experience with the Mini 3 Pro update I mentioned above, to carefully scrutinize & consider, prior to accepting any updates issued by DJI.

The same goes for updates for the RC2 that came with the Mini 4 Pro, & also for its batteries.

Thank you for your reply.

1-26 09:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules