DJI Mini 4 Pro: Motors Not Starting w/RC-N2 But OK w/Motion 2?
559 9 2023-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SzRYTBhv6ZHP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41014 ft
United States

Flew this thing a couple of times already with Goggles Integra and the Motion 2 controller that came with my Avata.

But, bound to the RC-N2 controller connected to DJI Fly, the motors will not start and, of course, AutoTakeoff does not work - even though it says "Takeoff Permitted" on the DJI Fly screen.

So far I have:

• Calibrated the sticks
  • Tried both Down/Out and Down/In
  • Bound and re-bound RC-N2 w/Mini4
  • Cycled between all 4 stick modes and returned to Mode 2

I think the RC-N2 is bound to the Mini 4 because scrolling the thumb wheel on the left side of the N2's back causes the 4's camera to move up and down.

Also, I have the Fn button's single-click set to toggle FPV Mode and it seems tb doing that - as evidenced by changed camera behavior when the drone is tilted side-to-side.  OTOH, I have the button's double-click set to cycle through Auxillary Light settings but nothing seems to happen....

When I start thinking that maybe the RC-N2 is defective, a little voice whispers "Yer prolly doin' somethin' stoopid.".

But what?
2023-12-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you not even get a message on the screen saying something?
1-1 01:09
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I double confirm if you were trying to fly the Mini 4 Pro with DJI Goggles Integra and RC-N2? If this is the case, kindly understand that when flying the drone with Goggles Integra, only DJI RC Motion 2 is supported, other controller is not supported.

Please let me know if you were referring to that when you switch the drone to fly again with DJI RC-N2 (without the goggles) but it can not take off. Thank you.
1-1 01:20
Use props
djiuser_SzRYTBhv6ZHP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-1 01:20
Hi there, may I double confirm if you were trying to fly the Mini 4 Pro with DJI Goggles Integra and RC-N2? If this is the case, kindly understand that when flying the drone with Goggles Integra, only DJI RC Motion 2 is supported, other controller is not supported.

Please let me know if you were referring to that when you switch the drone to fly again with DJI RC-N2 (without the goggles) but it can not take off. Thank you.
No, I am not trying to mix them up: no goggles.

Just the RC-N2 with my Android phone attached.

But now I have to wonder if maybe there is some sort of binding/pairing issue.  Even though I am not trying to use the Goggles Integra, maybe the drone is still paired with the goggles from when I used them before.
1-1 12:09
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_SzRYTBhv6ZHP Posted at 1-1 12:09
No, I am not trying to mix them up: no goggles.

Just the RC-N2 with my Android phone attached.

I see, thank you for your clarification. So you were able to link the drone and DJI RC-N2 and saw the transmission image but it will not take off, right?
May I know if there is any error message on the app? It would be great if you can provide a video for us to double-check.
1-2 04:15
Use props
djiuser_SzRYTBhv6ZHP
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-2 04:15
I see, thank you for your clarification. So you were able to link the drone and DJI RC-N2 and saw the transmission image but it will not take off, right?
May I know if there is any error message on the app? It would be great if you can provide a video for us to double-check.

No error messages that I can discern.

You asked for a video, but this forum does not accept videos - only stills like .JPEGs.

So I uploaded a video to YouTube: https://youtube.com/watch?v=g619fJf6htQ&si=oX8spWlLHhjoC535

Hopefully others will be able to view it.  If not, let me know and we will go to Plan B.
1-2 10:36
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_SzRYTBhv6ZHP Posted at 1-2 10:36
No error messages that I can discern.

You asked for a video, but this forum does not accept videos - only stills like .JPEGs.

Sorry for the belated reply. May I know the exact firmware version for your drone, controller, and the version of the DJI Fly app as well? And just to double confirm, will it fly if you use it again with the DJI Goggles and RC Motion 2?

Please try to go back to the DJI Fly app's start-up page, and check if flying with the controller is selected. Thank you.
1-3 20:32
Use props
djiuser_SzRYTBhv6ZHP
lvl.2
United States

It was the app version.

DJI Fly App Version 1.12.5 = Good, 1.12.2 = Bad.

I had 1.12.2 in my phone from back in October when I bought the Avata.

I tried another phone and, in the process, had to re-download the app and, of course got the right version - and things worked with the second phone.

Uninstalled bad from the 1st phone, re-installed good and that phone works too.

Case closed.

Thanks for your prompt and helpful support.
1-4 13:01
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:57
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_SzRYTBhv6ZHP Posted at 1-4 13:01
It was the app version.

DJI Fly App Version 1.12.5 = Good, 1.12.2 = Bad.

Hello, there! Thank you for your update. It's always good practice to make sure that everything is updated to avoid inconvenience. We'gald to know that the problem has been sorted out after updating the app. Please feel free to reach us if you have further concerns.
1-7 01:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules