288 8 1-1 17:30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7878520 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI cancelled 2,7k - but right now it would be so helpful, especially for waypoint missions: i tested waypoint missions quite a lot, and if i fly the same waypoint mission over and over again, the accuracy seems to be some +/- meters, vertically and horizontally. So if the final video would be i.e. in Full HD, it would the best to film in higher resolution - right now only 4k possible - in order to later on make those videos in post production overlay exactly and reposition them as the videos respectively the flown waypoinnt missions differs a bit in some meters. and by repositioning in post production more resolution is needed as the final output format. here 2,7k would be so helpful, as it creates enough additional amount of video area and space for reposotioning, which could help for overlaying videos and still can have a perfect full screen result in full hd. with 4k we would have the same effect, but with so much more useless file sizes, processing time and needed computer performance.
examples would be to fly the same waypoint mission in spring, summer, autun and winter - or in the morning, at noon and in the evining - or in different weather conditions -and then produce a final video, where all 4 seasons/day times pass while flying the same route. this is what i tested but the waypoint mission is not accurate enough to be exactly on the same spot. i tried to figure out the variation and in my tests it was around +/- 3 meters.

Thus DJI shoul rethink their decision to take 2,7k out, especially as with the waypoint missions 2,7k would now make sense for the first time in DJI mini history.

1-1 17:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. We will gather this feedback of yours as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
1-2 00:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With SD cards being so cheap these days I dont think the file sizes really matter as much.
1-2 01:11
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

DAFlys Posted at 1-2 01:11
With SD cards being so cheap these days I dont think the file sizes really matter as much.

it makes a huge difference in post production in terms not only of file size, but also processing time and computer performance - and for the needed purpose 2,7k fullfills its purpose far better than 4k. u can fill your diskjs with 4k, up to u. for teh described purpose it makes absolutely no sense. especially with longer footage.
1-2 21:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nexus Redux Posted at 1-2 21:21
it makes a huge difference in post production in terms not only of file size, but also processing time and computer performance - and for the needed purpose 2,7k fullfills its purpose far better than 4k. u can fill your diskjs with 4k, up to u. for teh described purpose it makes absolutely no sense. especially with longer footage.

One my MacBook Pro the 4k footage is as fast to edit as any other resolution.
1-2 23:19
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

DAFlys Posted at 1-2 23:19
One my MacBook Pro the 4k footage is as fast to edit as any other resolution.

fine for u. if everything is ok for u, then nice. doenst change my topic.
1-2 23:20
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

Good topic, for e.g. I share most of my videos to social networks or to friends directly and for the purpose of upload time, I always after editing export to 2.7K, having native 2.7K will be really of a much use. I see the use of 4K only when extracting stills in my use case, 4K for socials is useless. 4K is a must in 2024, but having native 2.7K will be nice. On my GoPro I shoot mostly in 2.7K, I use 4K only when snorkeling  to extract stills later
1-3 22:48
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

travelmate Posted at 1-3 22:48
Good topic, for e.g. I share most of my videos to social networks or to friends directly and for the purpose of upload time, I always after editing export to 2.7K, having native 2.7K will be really of a much use. I see the use of 4K only when extracting stills in my use case, 4K for socials is useless. 4K is a must in 2024, but having native 2.7K will be nice. On my GoPro I shoot mostly in 2.7K, I use 4K only when snorkeling  to extract stills later

Hello, there! We do appreciate sharing your input with us. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our relevant team for future reference.
1-4 02:34
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 22:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules