1234Next >
9125 139 1-1 22:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

i read that the mini pro4 witht he standard battery does NOT transmit remote ID, when i install the extended battery that weighs more the mini starts transmitting in remote ID. is this correct?
1-1 22:32
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. After updating the firmware of the DJI Mini 4 Pro to v01.00.03.00 or later, only the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus supports broadcasting FAA Remote ID. When using DJI Mini 4 Pro with an intelligent flight battery and if broadcasting is required, we highly recommend installing a third-party RID module that meets the requirements onto the aircraft for compliance operations. We appreciate your understanding.
1-2 00:27
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
United States

Paladin      so you are saying that once I update the firmware only the intelligent flight battery plus supports remote ID. Flying the mini pro4 with the regular battery , the min4 pro does not broadcast remote id?
1-2 08:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frunobulax Posted at 1-2 08:52
Paladin      so you are saying that once I update the firmware only the intelligent flight battery plus supports remote ID. Flying the mini pro4 with the regular battery , the min4 pro does not broadcast remote id?

Mini 4 Pro with plus battery transmits RID.  Switch back to standard battery and it doesn't transmit RID.
1-2 11:24
Use props
Mobroyoyo
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-2 00:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. After updating the firmware of the DJI Mini 4 Pro to v01.00.03.00 or later, only the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus supports broadcasting FAA Remote ID. When using DJI Mini 4 Pro with an intelligent flight battery and if broadcasting is required, we highly recommend installing a third-party RID module that meets the requirements onto the aircraft for compliance operations. We appreciate your understanding.

So just to make sure, if I use the big battery RID works, but if I'm still using the small one, I should either switch to the big one or get a third-party module to get it working?
1-5 17:15
Use props
OneSnark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652231 ft
United States

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. After updating the firmware of the DJI Mini 4 Pro to v01.00.03.00 or later, only the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus supports broadcasting FAA Remote ID. When using DJI Mini 4 Pro with an intelligent flight battery and if broadcasting is required, we highly recommend installing a third-party RID module that meets the requirements onto the aircraft for compliance operations. We appreciate your understanding.

Thank you for this crisp official reply to this question.

This is a MUCH APPRECIATED improvement in the software.

I bought the drone with the plus batteries; previous to the firmware update.  I will likely now invest in some standard batteries to add to the collection.

Thanks.
1-6 06:45
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:25
Use props
fans43fc5315
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-2 11:24
Mini 4 Pro with plus battery transmits RID.  Switch back to standard battery and it doesn't transmit RID.

So if I use the standard battery after the firmware upgrade with the Goggles 2, will I still get the Remote ID error with inability to fly unless I connect the goggles to the Fly Now app via USB C?
1-7 08:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans43fc5315 Posted at 1-7 08:37
So if I use the standard battery after the firmware upgrade with the Goggles 2, will I still get the Remote ID error with inability to fly unless I connect the goggles to the Fly Now app via USB C?

I don't have the Goggles 2 so I can't give you a definitive answer on your question.  Sorry.
1-7 12:13
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans43fc5315 Posted at 1-7 08:37

RID should only be triggered if you're using the Plus battery AND in a location that requires RID.  So even when using the Goggles, if you're using the standard battery there should be no triggering of RID.  If you use the Plus battery and you're in the US, you'll need to tether to your phone unfortunately.
I did a little video on when the Remote ID error triggers
1-7 23:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Mobroyoyo Posted at 1-5 17:15
So just to make sure, if I use the big battery RID works, but if I'm still using the small one, I should either switch to the big one or get a third-party module to get it working?

Yes, your statement is correct. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
1-8 01:56
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

OneSnark Posted at 1-6 06:45
Thank you for this crisp official reply to this question.

This is a MUCH APPRECIATED improvement in the software.

You are very much welcome, OneSnark. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
1-8 01:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Frunobulax Posted at 1-2 08:52
Paladin      so you are saying that once I update the firmware only the intelligent flight battery plus supports remote ID. Flying the mini pro4 with the regular battery , the min4 pro does not broadcast remote id?

Yes, after updating the firmware v01.00.03.00 and later, only the Intelligent Flight Battery PLUS supports broadcasting FAA Remote ID and you may need to install a third-party RID Module if you wish to use the unit with the standard Intelligent Flight Battery. Hope this helps.
1-8 02:02
Use props
djiuser_VweYT0TJlLao
lvl.2
United States

Can I assume that the next release of Mini 3 Pro firmware will have this same feature? And that with that release recreational flights will be able to use standard battery with no Remote ID? That would also mean that remote pilots flying a commercial 107 flight would need to use the extended battery (if they don’t already) or add an external RID device? When would that release be out?
1-8 21:59
Use props
djiuser_9ByPWnaJyL3X
New

Brazil

Boa tarde.  Tenho o Phanton 3 Pro, estou a tempos tentando usar o aplicativo DJI GO mas o aplicativo não abre.  Possuo o smartphone Galaxy s21 ultra, já limpei o cash, desinstalei e reinstalei o aplicativo, mas não abre de maneira nenhuma!  
1-10 10:14
Use props
DJDelamora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 629590 ft

United States

This is really annoying. In the US, if you want to fly at night, you have to put a strobe on the drone and that puts you over 250g with the normal battery or just using prop guards as well meaning registering and remote ID. Then if your flying Part 107, you still need remote ID with the normal battery. Its dumb to buy and attach a remote ID module if the drone is already capable of it and again, just attaching that to it puts it above 250g which at that point,  your already have the remote ID in the drone. Lots of going around in circles here. There should just be an option to switch it on if needed when using the normal batteries and save people the hassle.
1-12 07:02
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
United States

DJDelamora Posted at 1-12 07:02
This is really annoying. In the US, if you want to fly at night, you have to put a strobe on the drone and that puts you over 250g with the normal battery or just using prop guards as well meaning registering and remote ID. Then if your flying Part 107, you still need remote ID with the normal battery. Its dumb to buy and attach a remote ID module if the drone is already capable of it and again, just attaching that to it puts it above 250g which at that point,  your already have the remote ID in the drone. Lots of going around in circles here. There should just be an option to switch it on if needed when using the normal batteries and save people the hassle.

attaching anything to a drone IMO can cause the drone to be aerodynamically unstable and if it came partially lose or all the way could cause a crash. I have a Spark also and there is no place to attach a Remote Id, inside or out.  Just another example of draconian government overreach. I read that there are say 2 million drones in the USA and only half are registered.
1-12 08:44
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frunobulax Posted at 1-12 08:44
attaching anything to a drone IMO can cause the drone to be aerodynamically unstable and if it came partially lose or all the way could cause a crash. I have a Spark also and there is no place to attach a Remote Id, inside or out.  Just another example of draconian government overreach. I read that there are say 2 million drones in the USA and only half are registered.

i believe you can mount the rid module in the same place you would mount a strobe light and you should be fine; here are some older discussions on the topic:  https://sparkpilots.com/threads/strobe-light.9565/
1-12 08:54
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJDelamora Posted at 1-12 07:02
This is really annoying. In the US, if you want to fly at night, you have to put a strobe on the drone and that puts you over 250g with the normal battery or just using prop guards as well meaning registering and remote ID. Then if your flying Part 107, you still need remote ID with the normal battery. Its dumb to buy and attach a remote ID module if the drone is already capable of it and again, just attaching that to it puts it above 250g which at that point,  your already have the remote ID in the drone. Lots of going around in circles here. There should just be an option to switch it on if needed when using the normal batteries and save people the hassle.

unfortunately the rules do not permit the pilot to be able to constantly turn on and off the remote id function (although i think it can be a one-time event).  in the us, registration is not a big deal so just register, turn on remote id, start flying.....
1-12 08:56
Use props
djiuser_bl5R9miWdZql
New
Flight distance : 17116 ft
Hong Kong

Recently I cannot find the UAS remote registration import in DJI Fly App for my mini 4 pro with standard battery now, I am planning to visit Japan, I have finished the application already.

Will the import function in DJI Fly App re appear when I in Japan?

Can it use my mini 4 pro with standard battery in Japan?

Pls help.
1-14 17:37
Use props
djiuser_pOStvkckHhsA
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 02:02
Yes, after updating the firmware v01.00.03.00 and later, only the Intelligent Flight Battery PLUS supports broadcasting FAA Remote ID and you may need to install a third-party RID Module if you wish to use the unit with the standard Intelligent Flight Battery. Hope this helps.

So I spent over $1000 on the DJI Mini 4 Pro Fly more Combo because it has Remote ID even with the standard batteries and DJI does a firmware update that removes a feature that I paid for.  So if I add a strobe for night flying (using the standard batteries) I will have to buy a separate RID module (or "Plus" batteries) to be FAA compliant?  

They did make the backward update after I purchased my Mini 4 Pro.  It kind of seems like false advertising from the original sales information.  

I think that DJI should make a separate firmware update to allow you to turn back on RID if desired.  Another option would be to give you a discount on the purchase of "plus" batteries.  
1-30 09:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_pOStvkckHhsA Posted at 1-30 09:12
So I spent over $1000 on the DJI Mini 4 Pro Fly more Combo because it has Remote ID even with the standard batteries and DJI does a firmware update that removes a feature that I paid for.  So if I add a strobe for night flying (using the standard batteries) I will have to buy a separate RID module (or "Plus" batteries) to be FAA compliant?  

They did make the backward update after I purchased my Mini 4 Pro.  It kind of seems like false advertising from the original sales information.  

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will gather this request of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a good one.
2-1 20:05
Use props
Bananimal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 702293 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-1 20:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will gather this request of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a good one.

I'm in the exact same situation here. I have large birds of prey that perch on a cell tower right across the street. I MUST mount strobes on my Mini 4 Pro to keep them from downing my drone. When I bought this drone, I bought it because it was RID compliant. There was no requirement to pay $95.00 U.S. dollars for Plus batteries. I have 6 standard batteries I purchased with this drone less than 3 weeks ago and now I can't use the drone and be compliant with FAA regulations. Who do I talk to about a refund for all I have spent or a discount (and I mean a huge discount) on Plus batteries. You can't do this to customers in the U.S. It's called bait and switch and/or false advertising. Standard battery customers need the ability to OPT IN on RID.
2-2 05:16
Use props
Bananimal
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-30 10:54
Do you really think the FAA has people on the prowl with scales to jack folks up for being a few grams over the limit?

No, but there are Karens abroad that will not hesitate to call LEOs on you for simply flying and then the RID issue WILL come up. I'd prefer to keep my Part 107.
2-2 05:36
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Removing this post until I can follow up since I see it is for Mini 3 only and not the Mini 3 Pro.
2-2 12:28
Use props
Cheesehead Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 655121 ft
  • >>>
United States

I understand why DJI made this change it unfortunately can place Part 107 pilots in a bad position as we are required to use remote ID no matter if the drone is above or below 249 grams. Since you are able to turn remote ID on or off depending on the battery that is inserted into the drone; why doesn't DJI pilots a software toggle when the standard battery is inserted so they can turn remote ID on if it is needed?
2-2 15:00
Use props
Bananimal
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-2 06:29
Comparable to complaining you can't ride your bicycle in the lion preserve for fear of being devoured.  Further I don't see how large birds of prey are put off by strobes?  Perhaps you should find a safer place to fly?

I have a better idea. Sending it all back to Amazon. All of it! Just got off the phone with them. This is what is going back for full refund:

DJI Mini 4 Pro Fly More Combo with DJI RC 2 - $1,195
DJI Mini 4 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery X 3 - $200.00
DJI Mini 4 Pro/Mini 3 Pro Propellers X 4 - $39.00
DJI Mini 4 Pro/Mini 3 Series Two-Way Charging Hub - $53.00
NEEWER Variable ND Filter Set Compatible with DJI Mini 4 Pro - $45.00
FPVtosky Dual Layer Hard Case for DJI Mini 4 Pro - $50.00

Total Refund $1,582.00

Now, I'm off to find an FPV to do the job I hired the DJI Mini-4 Pro to do. This customer doesn't tolerate this type of behavior from any manufacturer. DJI's loss...literally.
2-2 18:07
Use props
Bananimal
lvl.1
United States

Unfortunately for you, I have an Air 3 with a ton of accessories that I'll be keeping as well. I'll not be going anywhere, my friend.
2-3 05:59
Use props
Bananimal
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-3 06:22
Dude I could care less one way or the other.  You engaged in a drama queen rant with a long list of all the items you returned that ended with, "This customer doesn't tolerate this type of behavior from any manufacturer."  Anyone reading that post took it as you returned your DJI stuff & checked out.  Instead we learn the reality is it was just a bunch of bloviating in the midst of a tantrum.  If you insist on riding your bicycle in a lion preserve then don't complain about the possibility of being devoured.  Likewise, if you insist on flying your drone in close proximity to large raptors that's on you.

Wrong Dude! I paid for a drone that was RID compliant. DJI took that away. I have my reasons for expecting what I paid for and have a legal right to receive that as well.

You suggest that drone operators disregard FAA mandates at their own peril. You're not the drone ambassador you think you are. And you certainly have an attitude problem. Personally, I view people with an attitude like yours as part of the problem in the drone community. You can live on that, podna...I don't have to and I won't.

As far as the strobes, yeah, no bird likes getting blinded by strobes. They work, when you have good strobes and in my case three mounted on your quad. That way all angles are covered by at least one strobe. I've had seagulls, pelicans, hawks, vultures, and eagles b-line to my drone only to get about 30-15 feet away and break off the attack every time. Can it still happen? Sure, there's nutters in every species. Get my drift? But, by-and-large, they don't like it at all.

So you do you and I'll do me and if DJI wants to keep customers that are obligated to follow FAA mandates under part 107, I would suggest they not strip what people paid for from their purchase. You don't like my response? I'm proud of you. It's your prerogative to come across as a DJI fanboy!   
2-3 08:32
Use props
djiuser_FoltQORrW3yD
lvl.1

United States

Is DJI offering a no charge battery upgrade to plus for the DJI Mini 4 Pro. I purchased the combo on the information it supports broadcasting FAA Remote ID. Is there a software update to fix the problem? I am thinking on returning the combo.  How do I get a refund of the DJI care refresh on the drone?
2-3 19:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cheesehead Media Posted at 2-2 15:00
I understand why DJI made this change it unfortunately can place Part 107 pilots in a bad position as we are required to use remote ID no matter if the drone is above or below 249 grams. Since you are able to turn remote ID on or off depending on the battery that is inserted into the drone; why doesn't DJI pilots a software toggle when the standard battery is inserted so they can turn remote ID on if it is needed?

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. we will gather this concern of yours as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2-3 21:55
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bananimal Posted at 2-2 05:16
I'm in the exact same situation here. I have large birds of prey that perch on a cell tower right across the street. I MUST mount strobes on my Mini 4 Pro to keep them from downing my drone. When I bought this drone, I bought it because it was RID compliant. There was no requirement to pay $95.00 U.S. dollars for Plus batteries. I have 6 standard batteries I purchased with this drone less than 3 weeks ago and now I can't use the drone and be compliant with FAA regulations. Who do I talk to about a refund for all I have spent or a discount (and I mean a huge discount) on Plus batteries. You can't do this to customers in the U.S. It's called bait and switch and/or false advertising. Standard battery customers need the ability to OPT IN on RID.

Thank you for your response. Initially, the DJI Mini 3 & Mini 4 Pro came standard with Remote ID despite only being required for drones weighing more than 0.55 lbs. However, many recreational users who have not registered or are not required to register felt that having a Remote ID was not necessary for them.
The recent firmware change was released to provide more flexibility, allowing unregistered recreational users to fly legally without activating Remote ID when they use the standard Intelligent Flight Battery. Commercial users can still legally operate their drones by using the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, which automatically activates the Remote ID. We appreciate your support and understanding as we continue to navigate the evolving landscape of drone regulations.

If you may want to apply for a refund, may we ask if you purchased it from the reseller or in the DJI Store? Normally, when shopping in the DJI Store, users are able to apply for a refund within 14 calendar days of receiving the package when conditions are met (screenshot below).  And currently, we may not have a discount provided for purchasing the battery. And, as a warm reminder, we may not suggest using unauthorized third-party accessories, which may affect the performance of the drone and warranty. Thank you for your understanding.
2-4 04:03
Use props
Bananimal
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-4 04:03
Thank you for your response. Initially, the DJI Mini 3 & Mini 4 Pro came standard with Remote ID despite only being required for drones weighing more than 0.55 lbs. However, many recreational users who have not registered or are not required to register felt that having a Remote ID was not necessary for them.
The recent firmware change was released to provide more flexibility, allowing unregistered recreational users to fly legally without activating Remote ID when they use the standard Intelligent Flight Battery. Commercial users can still legally operate their drones by using the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, which automatically activates the Remote ID. We appreciate your support and understanding as we continue to navigate the evolving landscape of drone regulations.

I appreciate the response, albeit a little too late, in my case.

DJI's position on this is ridiculous. Simply making the decision to leave Part 107 pilots out in the cold on this not only opens DJI up to potential litigation, it also unfairly punishes those in the drone community who are choosing to abide by the laws in the U.S. to help the drone industry through the maze of regulation we are all facing.

Like I said, I purchased 5 extra batteries with my Mini 4 Pro. Expecting me to go out and spend another $600.00 for six Plus batteries and then losing the use of the $360.00 in standard batteries I just bought has a real-world cost of $1000.00 to this customer. And then throw in the cost of a RID module to boot? DJI thinks I should shoulder that cost to legally operate a mini drone? Yeah, I don't think so. It's absurd on its face. That puts the operating cost of this drone in the Mavic 3 Pro arena from a cost perspective. Does leadership at DJI have a clue?

Beyond that, if DJI doesn't recommend using unauthorized third-party accessories (strobe lights) then perhaps they should include them in the original product. If people want to be compliant, they must do what is required. In my case, and as mentioned, it's not so much so I can legally fly at night, it's to protect my drone, and anyone in the area below it, from a bird of prey knocking it out of the sky.

I'd also like to add, it doesn't look good when long standing members in here are allowed to harass customers with legitimate concerns/complaints with DJI. I was immediate called out by said member and then made to look like a fool even though my concerns are legitimate, on point, and felt by many in the community not participating in this forum. I came here to let DJI know first-hand what customers are thinking. I don't sugar coat anything. And I'm certainly not intimidated by such tactics. In fact, I had to throttle my responses back to the offender to avoid violating the rules here. Suffice it to say, that individual is no match for my ability to survive in tough forums.  

The reality of it is this...........I asked you a few questions directly as to what I can do here to resolve this issue, then said member jumped in for a few days to suppress my concerns with accusatory remarks of my disposition as an individual and invalid correlation of facts. In the interim, I watched you respond to other customers while leaving me to fend for myself. Right On! After seeing DJI (you) were good with that and I was going to get nowhere with DJI in trying to address this problem, I decided to send it all back. You can thank said member for assisting me with that decision. Allowing that kind of intervention in a thread like this is bad for business. Just saying.  

Just so you know, and from a customer perspective, it's not just the return of the product that is an issue. I spent many hours researching what I needed to buy, what was the best case, what ND filters to get and on and on when making the decision to purchase the Mini 4 Pro. DJI wasted all of that time for me too. With no regard for it. So, and as mentioned, it's all going back. All of it. And based on my experience here, I'll think long and hard before ever purchasing another DJI product.
2-4 04:46
Use props
Bananimal
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-4 06:54
We have come full circle, from people complaining about RID being unnecessary for a sub-250 gram drone, to complaints that the Mini 3/4 doesn't broadcast RID.  If one were to go back & compile all the complaints from each side, we would find there are far more complaints against unnecessary RID broadcasting than in favor.

In response to the many complaints about unnecessary RID broadcasting, it makes perfect sense that DJI chose to have the Mini 4 broadcast only when fitted with a Plus battery.  It is under 250 grams with the standard battery & there is no RID requirement.  When flown as designed it adheres to all FAA RID requirements.

The fact of the matter is, the device was purchased and initially advertised as RID compliant regardless of what batteries were purchased. That was a deciding factor for many who saw no reason to buy the extended batteries. And I've not seen that you can purchase the "Fly More" kit with the "Plus" batteries instead of the standard. Could be because I had no reason to expend the extra money in that case and didn't look for that option. Still haven't looked for it and I won't.  

Likewise, you assume a bit too much. Paint this one however you want. I'm the customer. I did not ask for free batteries, but you claim I did. That's called lying. You ought to knock it off. It's bad for business.

You suggested I find somewhere else to fly. That was your brilliant answer to this dilemma. That was nothing more than an attempt to put the blame on the customer. Wrong! I was fine until a firmware update. There is nowhere I can fly in my area where large birds are not an issue. Nowhere. Your inference to riding in a game preserve with lions is a joke too. If I did engage in that activity, I'd have a weapon (strobe lights in the instance of the large birds) to take care of that if it became an issue. What DJI did would be like changing the gun to where it doesn't fire, leaving me to fend for myself in the game preserve. If you are going to argue, try to think a little more logically. People like me can pick stuff like this apart six ways from Sunday, as I'm sure many others in here can too.

Injecting your assumptions into this conversation in order to paint this customer in the worst possible light is another one of your omnipotent tactics. Your assumption of my buying another Mini 4 Pro with Plus batteries is way off the mark and simply another thinly veiled attempt at discrediting this customer. How awesome!  Good luck with that. It worked out well for DJI in this instance. They just ate the consequences of their decision here in how this was handled with me. Trust when I say it, DJI is last on the list for this customer moving forward in this Hobby after all of this shenanigans. No Karen here, just a cold hard ex-customer.
2-4 08:48
Use props
beamerbuilder1-sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2015899 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. After updating the firmware of the DJI Mini 4 Pro to v01.00.03.00 or later, only the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus supports broadcasting FAA Remote ID. When using DJI Mini 4 Pro with an intelligent flight battery and if broadcasting is required, we highly recommend installing a third-party RID module that meets the requirements onto the aircraft for compliance operations. We appreciate your understanding.
This should have been disclosed to everyone by DJI when the Mini 4 Pro was launched. If I remember correctly, part of the buzz at that time was you could use your existing Mini 3 Pro batteries with the Mini 4 Pro. I never heard anything about you could only use the plus batteries to stay Remote ID complaint. This seems to me to be just another way to get us to spend more money on plus batteries. I’m really disappointed in DJI with this dick move!!!!
2-4 14:18
Use props
beamerbuilder1-sp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So I just recently purchased 4 standard mini 3 / 4 Pro batteries for about $65.00 each from the DJI store and now they’re pretty much useless! Funny thing is, they’re still listed in the store even now. If DJI knew this firmware update was coming and they were going to cripple the standard batteries, why even sell them? Thanks A lot! There should be a full refund for all standard batteries now! One reason I purchased this drone and accessories is because it was supposed to be Remote ID compliant. I won’t believe DJI’s hype again. If I knew I had to buy a separate Remote ID Transmitter just to use their standard batteries, I would not have purchased the Mini 4 Pro drone! Epic fail on this one for sure! DJI!!!
2-4 14:42
Use props
Bananimal
lvl.1
United States

beamerbuilder1-sp Posted at 2-4 14:42
So I just recently purchased 4 standard mini 3 / 4 Pro batteries for about $65.00 each from the DJI store and now they’re pretty much useless! Funny thing is, they’re still listed in the store even now. If DJI knew this firmware update was coming and they were going to cripple the standard batteries, why even sell them? Thanks A lot! There should be a full refund for all standard batteries now! One reason I purchased this drone and accessories is because it was supposed to be Remote ID compliant. I won’t believe DJI’s hype again. If I knew I had to buy a separate Remote ID Transmitter just to use the standard batteries, I wouldn’t have purchased the Mini 4 drone! Epic fail on this one for sure! DJI!!!

According to the DJI fanboy peanut gallery in here, it's your fault you can't use your purchase for your specific use case. This is farcical at best. You can't sell something to a customer and then change it after the fact. There are laws against that behavior. But what do I know? Hell, I'm dumb enough to ride around on a bike in a game preserve filled with lions according to the resident know-it-all expert in this thread.
2-4 14:58
Use props
beamerbuilder1-sp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Bananimal Posted at 2-4 14:58
According to the DJI fanboy peanut gallery in here, it's your fault you can't use your purchase for your specific use case. This is farcical at best. You can't sell something to a customer and then change it after the fact. There are laws against that behavior. But what do I know? Hell, I'm dumb enough to ride around on a bike in a game preserve filled with lions according to the resident know-it-all expert in this thread.

Exactly! We all should get full refunds for what we spent on standard batteries that are now useless!
2-4 15:01
Use props
VegasBobNoWay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138734 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

DJI needs to update the software to be able to turn Remote ID on or off. One of the reasons I purchased this drone because it had Remote ID.
2-4 15:36
Use props
beamerbuilder1-sp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

VegasBobNoWay Posted at 2-4 15:36
DJI needs to update the software to be able to turn Remote ID on or off. One of the reasons I purchased this drone because it had Remote ID.

I agree 110%! This is bogus. They even did a firmware update to make the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom remote Id compliant. They could do that easily.
2-4 16:12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules