595 7 1-3 04:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CJ Hun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77001 ft
United States

Briefly summarizing a near two-month horrible experience with DJI:

·         Upon trying the bundled, second drone battery, found it to be defective

·         I requested DJI warranty service for ONLY this one battery

·         DJI requested that I send back all bundled components (two batteries, drone, and controller)

·         I shipped back all components

·         DJI received the components and falsely stated that my drone had water damage (while in my possession, my drone has never had contact with water)

·         DJI gave me a repair estimate, nearly totaling what I paid for the entire new bundle

·         I rejected all repair estimates (even following their deeper and deeper discounts) – knowing that this drone, while in my possession, never experienced any negative impacts

·         DJI continued their false claims - even claiming that from Google map coordinates, my drone first took flight from the very center of my pool

·         DJI said that, for their deceptive “water damage” claim, any use of the drone could result in bodily harm or property damage.  Later, DJI said that this water damage could have been caused by flying the drone in, “very humid conditions”

·         I told DJI to return my drone and that I would not pay for repairs that were not prompted or needed

·         DJI returned all components – upon receipt, I noted that the drone was returned not fully assembled (the top outer shell was not fully connected to the body)

·         I successfully test flew the drone, without issue

·         My concern remains that, following my shipping of all components to DJI, there was some form of damage to the drone that would result in the, “bodily harm” or “property damage”, stated by DJI

·         All the above facts and concerns were constantly and consistently delivered to DJI without any actionable resolution given

·         I feel that DJI created or promoted false damage to the product to scam a consumer into paying for repairs (and to justify their “service center”)

Craig H.
DJI Service Case Number:  CAS-14535291-D4C7P4

1-3 04:33
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. About the case, we will forward your post to related teams and confirm with them first. Did you have the picture when you received the drone at that time?
1-3 05:38
Use props
CJ Hun
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-3 05:38
Hello, there. We apologize for the inconvenience. About the case, we will forward your post to related teams and confirm with them first. Did you have the picture when you received the drone at that time?

Thank you Wanda.   Yes, attached is the picture in which I had already reattached the other side of the drone (the picture shown side was later reattached to the drone body).

Thank you, have a great day : )

1-4 03:29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

CJ Hun Posted at 1-4 03:29
Thank you Wanda.   Yes, attached is the picture in which I had already reattached the other side of the drone (the picture shown side was later reattached to the drone body).

Thank you, have a great day : )

Thank you for your reply. About your case, we also confirmed with our engineers and supervisor teams.
Our service center inspected your aircraft and battery. The liquid contact indicator has turned red, and the parts also show signs of corrosion. This can be considered as water damage, which has been reviewed by our engineers, too.  According to our policy, we can not offer you warranty services.

About the assembly issue, may we know did you contacted our support about that? We noticed that you continued flying the drone. Kindly understand that water damage will have risks in destroying the aircraft's performance. We do not recommend continuing to use the devices.  
1-5 00:44
Use props
CJ Hun
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-5 00:44
Thank you for your reply. About your case, we also confirmed with our engineers and supervisor teams.
Our service center inspected your aircraft and battery. The liquid contact indicator has turned red, and the parts also show signs of corrosion. This can be considered as water damage, which has been reviewed by our engineers, too.  According to our policy, we can not offer you warranty services.

Wanda,

Thank you for responding.

To your question, "did you contacted our support about that?"  Yes, upon receipt I contacted support about receiving a not-fully-assembled drone.  They responded saying that they would contact service about this issue and then contact me - no return contact has been received (greater than one month).

As far as the "water damage/corrosion", that was the 3+ month issue I dealt with.  I had ONLY requested (via DJI Service) a repair service for my non-working second drone battery - they asked I send back all components instead (including the drone).  After I did send back all components, DJI said that my drone had water damage.  That claim was false and my drone had never experienced any type of contact with water.  Again, I only wanted the second battery tested and/or replaced, but was prompted to send the (before sending to DJI) perfect-condition drone.

Part of the DJI falsely claimed water damage included their review of my flight data where they showed a GPS/Google map image stating that on that last flight, my drone first took flight from the middle of a swimming pool (to me, proof of this hoax).  Attached here, the DJI sent picture of this flight...
1-5 05:09
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

CJ Hun Posted at 1-5 05:09
Wanda,

Thank you for responding.

Thank you for the reply.
For the first part, we will confirm with our teams.
We also noticed the water damage on the battery, which our service has inspected multiple times.
The flight records and data are uploaded from your device and account, including the location information. Our data analysis result is given based on the data.
1-5 23:21
Use props
CJ Hun
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-5 23:21
Thank you for the reply.
For the first part, we will confirm with our teams.
We also noticed the water damage on the battery, which our service has inspected multiple times.

Thank you again for your reply.

I was so disturbed by my experience, I filed a (DJI Service Center) BBB complaint (https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/grapevine/profile/drone-repair/dji-service-center-0825-1000142030/complaints).

Once that (DJI Service Center) complaint is finalized, I will open a second BBB complaint for the DJI headquarters.
1-21 08:20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

CJ Hun Posted at 1-21 08:20
Thank you again for your reply.

I was so disturbed by my experience, I filed a (DJI Service Center) BBB complaint (https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/grapevine/profile/drone-repair/dji-service-center-0825-1000142030/complaints).

Sorry for the inconvenience. You case is under handling by our supervisor team. We will forward your feedback to them. Please check the e-mail updates afterward.
1-22 02:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules