Firmware Update Fail
1470 13 2015-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djrasmusn
New

United States

I had no problems updating the previous update on my Inspire.  This update is a different story.  Blew all day trying everything to get it working but still no go.

Is it possible to bo back to the previous firmware version and if so how?

2015-9-8
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

I've been seriously battling with updating the RC and have come to the conclusion that it's the USB port on the RC... tried everything to no avail.
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yes you can go back to previous firmware. Just download it and put it on as before. Follow the directions in the "How to Update Firmware v1.3" PDF file.
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

TuonoV4 Posted at 2015-9-11 00:16
I've been seriously battling with updating the RC and have come to the conclusion that it's the USB  ...

Did you know that you are not supposed to update the RC on this update. That would be why it is not working.

Just update the aircraft.
2015-9-10
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

Yes I did but seen as how I hadn't updated for a while (not using the craft either because of no way points etc) I am trying to update to 1.3 on the RC, as recommended... not I.4
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Ok, then that should work. Just put the bin file on the root of the USB and put it in the RC USB slot.
Did you make sure the USB drive was formatted and clean?
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

1.3 is for the RC
1.4 is for the aircraft
2015-9-10
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 09:47
Ok, then that should work. Just put the bin file on the root of the USB and put it in the RC USB slo ...

Yes I did.  And I am aware that 1.3 is for Rc and 1.4 is for craft.

I still maintain that it may well be the USB port as the tablet is not communicating with anything when plugged in.

PS... nice to actually have someone taking an interest and coming up with info/solutions.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

TuonoV4 Posted at 2015-9-11 01:37
Yes I did.  And I am aware that 1.3 is for Rc and 1.4 is for craft.

I still maintain that it may  ...

Thanks,

Yeah it could very well be that your USB port on your RC unit is not working. I have seen that before.
Unfortunately if that is the case you will need to send it in to be repaired.
2015-9-11
Use props
Mrgreygoose
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 02:48
1.3 is for the RC
1.4 is for the aircraft

Hi Dave, What if the controller is already updated to 1.4 and aircraft still at 1.3. Im going to get a picture of what I mean. I am interested in POI for a wedding Im shooting in jan. What do I need to do.
2015-11-21
Use props
Mrgreygoose
lvl.1
United States

this.jpg

Is this the right updates for all

Is this the right updates for all
this-2.jpg
this.jpg
2015-11-21
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Mrgreygoose Posted at 2015-11-21 06:50
Hi Dave, What if the controller is already updated to 1.4 and aircraft still at 1.3. Im going to ge ...

Looks like you are all up to date. Are you asking how to access POI functions?
2015-11-21
Use props
Mrgreygoose
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-21 11:47
Looks like you are all up to date. Are you asking how to access POI functions?

yes I am. Thank you Dave..Can't find POI by switch the little stick on the left between flight modes. and Videos online say you need the latest firmware.the two pics are on the same day of the same moment. It shows that I still need more updates.
2015-11-21
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Mrgreygoose Posted at 2015-11-21 09:27
yes I am. Thank you Dave..Can't find POI by switch the little stick on the left between flight mode ...

ok.

The flight mode switch is locked in P-mode be default. To enable F- mode and enable the other flight modes like POI & waypoint; Open DJI Go app...you go to Camera view> advanced settings> enable multiple flight modes

2015-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules