RC PLUS Network RTK (Dongle)??
1193 20 1-5 04:24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Hi Folks,

does anybody know how to get a Network-Connection to the RC Plus in the field? Which Dongles are compatible with this piece of hardware? Is it possible, that here in Europe you can only get DJI Dongles via obscure Ebay-Sites? I can't understand, that there is not a simple SIM-Card-Slot in the RC or that you can't use the other Dongles from other RC.  So with "Upgrade" of the RC Plus i destroyed the Network-RTK of the M300 RTK? Really? I mean - really DJI???

What is the solution? Now the M300 RTK is no longer a RTK-drone!
1-5 04:24
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Hello! I sent you a DM.
1-5 04:57
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Thank You!

Its really a mess with this "professional" equipment. The single RC Plus from our DJI-Retailer is shipped without a Dongle nor hardcase. But when i would buy a new drone with the RC Plus (like M30/M30T/M350) the RC Plus would come with a Dongle and a hard Case (according to the pictures).

And on the other hand i can't buy wether a single dongle nor the original hard case in official shops. And the new RC doesn't fit in the original drone Case ike the original RC (which doesn't work anymore).

So we have here now a 10000€ RTK-drone with the brand new L2 Lidar and a new RC for 1500 € but no network-RTK anymore - thats seems like almost the exact  opposite of senseful development.

1-5 07:31
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

MIDIC Posted at 1-5 07:31
Thank You!

Its really a mess with this "professional" equipment. The single RC Plus from our DJI-Retailer is shipped without a Dongle nor hardcase. But when i would buy a new drone with the RC Plus (like M30/M30T/M350) the RC Plus would come with a Dongle and a hard Case (according to the pictures).

You never get a separate case or a dongle in Europe for the RC+ ( with M350 ).

For RTK, you can use Mifi, Wifi from your phone, ... or a dongle :-)
1-5 09:43
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 1-5 09:43

Contact HPRC to get a RC+ case ;-)

https://www.hprc.it/de/
1-5 09:44
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

I bought this one on eBay and installed it in my RC + and got a data plan with Rogers in Canada here and a nanoSIM card that plugs into it. It fits perfectly and works fine allowing map updates and firmware updates in the field.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334016153192?var=543369485217

This is the original DJI dongle for the Enterprise controllers. Can't use one in the drone unfortunately since, in N. America here, the authorities that control the radio bands have not allowed DJI drones to use the 4G network to control drones in complicated environments or BVLOS.
1-5 20:02
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 1-5 09:43

That is the official picture from our retailer for the m30 - with case and dongle.

Again: It's not technical development when i get less and less opportunities. Can't use other DJI-Dongles, no SIM-Slot in the RC, no other Dongle.

For the Mifi/Wifi-thing: DJI reccommends to deactive Wifi during flight because of interferences...?

Im sorry, but this time deeply disappointet of DJI. We bought the Zenmuse L2  for 12000€ and the RC+ for 1500€. The shipping was nearly 2 months delayed and now the whole thing doesnt work as suggested by DJI at the Intergeo Expo.  
1-7 22:35
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

MIDIC Posted at 1-7 22:35
That is the official picture from our retailer for the m30 - with case and dongle.

[view_image]

There is always a certain gap between what is announced and reality, we have to live with it!  

For wifi, from experience it is rather the RC which jams the phone, and not the other way around.  
Keep some distance between the two and make sure the RTH when signal lost function is engaged.  It will be alright.
1-7 23:05
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-7 23:05
There is always a certain gap between what is announced and reality, we have to live with it!  

For wifi, from experience it is rather the RC which jams the phone, and not the other way around.  

Yeah, thanks for your spiritual succour.

I will contact our national  DJI-importer in a few minutes and look what they say regarding the Dongle-Issue.
1-7 23:17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

MIDIC Posted at 1-7 23:17

I will contact our national  DJI-importer in a few minutes and look what they say regarding the Dongle-Issue.

New to DJI enterprise range ?

1-7 23:32
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-7 23:32
New to DJI enterprise range ?

No, not really. But fortunately, over time you forget about the difficult things in life. Until they show up again.
1-7 23:50
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

MIDIC Posted at 1-7 23:17

Ok, the DJI-Retailer says, that there is no official way to get the dongle. The only solution to get a NTRIP-datastream is a Wifi-Hotspot (what contradicts the manufacturer's recommendations)

I've told them, that DJI should better communicate about the network-RTK-Problems on their website because i think we're not the only surveyors with this issue regarding the matrice 300, the zenmuse  L2 scanner and the RC+ Remote
1-8 02:20
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Short Update: We got a official DJI Dongle for about 110 €. But the network connection allways breaks after 5 minutes
1-24 00:51
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

MIDIC Posted at 1-24 00:51
Short Update: We got a official DJI Dongle for abaut 110 €. But the network connection allways breaks after 5 minutes

Weird...we have no issue. Carrier problem?
1-24 02:00
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 1-24 02:00

What do you mean with carrier?
1-24 02:25
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

MIDIC Posted at 1-24 02:25
What do you mean with carrier?

Mobile Carrier - Vodafone, T-Mobile, ...
1-24 02:27
Use props
Kim Sjöberg
New

Sweden

MIDIC Posted at 1-24 00:51
Short Update: We got a official DJI Dongle for about 110 €. But the network connection allways breaks after 5 minutes

Hej.
Har du någon betecknin på vad den dongeln heter?

Mvh
Kim
1-26 10:33
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Kim Sjöberg Posted at 1-26 10:33
Hej.
Har du någon betecknin på vad den dongeln heter?

https://store.dji.com/de/product ... ongle-lte-usb-modem

It is Model IG832
1-28 22:49
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 1-24 02:27
Mobile Carrier - Vodafone, T-Mobile, ...

I don't know. The tech support of T-Mobile doesn't have a clue about LTE-Dongles so far

but i'm tenacious
1-28 22:53
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 1-24 02:00

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 205&pid=3234766

The truth is out there.

1-29 03:55
Use props
MIDIC
lvl.2

Germany

Just to be up to date in this thread about the M300 and the RC Plus: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 205&pid=3235726
1-30 02:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules