1668 10 1-5 07:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
axel.seedig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1389560 ft

United Kingdom

Hello,

it seems the DJI Fly-Safe Map has some data issues. I am based in the UK and all airports are now Enhanced Warning zones, no authorisation or resticted zones on the map anymore. Also the grey Altitude Level zones are gone.
All zones are type Seaplane Base now.

I cannot check anymore where I need to unlock, since everything is Enhanced Warning Zone only.

May I ask for an urgent update on this? We are working a lot in congested areas like London and near airports. Without the map it is impossible to get the correct unlock.

Kind regards

Axel

Fly-Safe Map

Fly-Safe Map
1-5 07:14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. When civilian drones first emerged on the market, there was a void of applicable laws or regulations. To support the healthy growth of the sector, DJI set restricted zones on its initiative to prevent the improper use of drones. Alongside the development of UAV technology and promulgation of pertinent laws and regulations, we will update our restricted zone policy and map in accordance with local laws and regulations. The regulatory power and responsibility rest with local authorities. While this eliminates the need to submit an unlocking request, users still need to file applications as required by local laws and regulations and ensure flight safety and compliance.
Drone operators are required to consult the local GEO Zone to check if it is safe to fly in the current airspace before each takeoff, and comply with them before and during each flight.
We kindly advise that you visit the following website to view the map of GEO zones in Europe:
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones/naa
1-5 20:16
Use props
ScottAWhite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54101 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-5 20:16
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. When civilian drones first emerged on the market, there was a void of applicable laws or regulations. To support the healthy growth of the sector, DJI set restricted zones on its initiative to prevent the improper use of drones. Alongside the development of UAV technology and promulgation of pertinent laws and regulations, we will update our restricted zone policy and map in accordance with local laws and regulations. The regulatory power and responsibility rest with local authorities. While this eliminates the need to submit an unlocking request, users still need to file applications as required by local laws and regulations and ensure flight safety and compliance.
Drone operators are required to consult the local GEO Zone to check if it is safe to fly in the current airspace before each takeoff, and comply with them before and during each flight.
We kindly advise that you visit the following website to view the map of GEO zones in Europe:

Hi DJI Wanda,  Would you happen to know why NO zones are showing on the map when making an unlock request?  This happens on any browser (Chroms/IE/Edge/Opera/Safari) so I'm thinking this is tied to my account.  Is that possible?

1-6 08:49
Use props
axel.seedig
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-5 20:16
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. When civilian drones first emerged on the market, there was a void of applicable laws or regulations. To support the healthy growth of the sector, DJI set restricted zones on its initiative to prevent the improper use of drones. Alongside the development of UAV technology and promulgation of pertinent laws and regulations, we will update our restricted zone policy and map in accordance with local laws and regulations. The regulatory power and responsibility rest with local authorities. While this eliminates the need to submit an unlocking request, users still need to file applications as required by local laws and regulations and ensure flight safety and compliance.

Hi DJI Wanda,

that is all very interesting, but the matter of fact is on the website you refer to, there is no UK nor Great Britain listed. We are based in the UK and I need the data urgently.

Maybe now is a good time to explain what happened to the DJI Fly-Safe map? It was a good tool and helpful for unlocking. We are operating in the UK and work very close to large airports like London Heathorow, Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glagow and also with Prisons and critical infrastructure providers like Naval bases, RAF airfields, nuclear powerplants etc.

How am I supposed to get an unlock request if I cannot see at which point we need to unlock? There is also the issue with planning if we don;t know what DJI is doing?

Unless you plan to scrap the whole unlocking feature...

Please advise... It becomes urgent here, because we have several flights planned and one I know is near Ciry Airport in London.

Thanks

Axel
1-6 09:32
Use props
ScottAWhite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54101 ft
United Kingdom

ScottAWhite Posted at 1-6 08:49
Hi DJI Wanda,  Would you happen to know why NO zones are showing on the map when making an unlock request?  This happens on any browser (Chroms/IE/Edge/Opera/Safari) so I'm thinking this is tied to my account.  Is that possible?

[view_image]

@djiwanda - You clearly  have not read either of these issues and are just sending a blanket canned response.  I have used the fly-safe.dji.com on numerous occasions to unlock geo zones so it's very unusual that the geo zones no longer appear for the British Isles.  Please can this be investigated accordingly and an adequate response be posted to myself and axel.seedig.  

regards
S White
1-6 14:42
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ScottAWhite Posted at 1-6 08:49
Hi DJI Wanda,  Would you happen to know why NO zones are showing on the map when making an unlock request?  This happens on any browser (Chroms/IE/Edge/Opera/Safari) so I'm thinking this is tied to my account.  Is that possible?

[view_image]

Hi there. After the removal of GEO zones, flight restrictions will be regulated by local competent authorities. Please ensure flight safety and compliance with the regulations of the local aviation administration and other government departments. While this eliminates the requirement for users to submit an unlocking request, users must still file applications in accordance with local rules and regulations to maintain flight safety and compliance. Thank you for your understanding.

1-6 15:38
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

axel.seedig@ocu Posted at 1-6 09:32
Hi DJI Wanda,

that is all very interesting, but the matter of fact is on the website you refer to, there is no UK nor Great Britain listed. We are based in the UK and I need the data urgently.

Hi there, we have not yet received any information related to your question. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and
interest in DJI.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI
Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations
1-6 15:41
Use props
axel.seedig
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 1-6 15:38
Hi there. After the removal of GEO zones, flight restrictions will be regulated by local competent authorities. Please ensure flight safety and compliance with the regulations of the local aviation administration and other government departments. While this eliminates the requirement for users to submit an unlocking request, users must still file applications in accordance with local rules and regulations to maintain flight safety and compliance. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi DJI Diana,

please correct me if I am wrong, but from your response I take it, that DJI will no longer prevent drones from taking off no matter what area we are going to fly. Hence your map either shows Enhanced Warning Zones only or nothing. I know that in an Enhanced Warning Zone we don't need an unlock but get a warning on the app screen about the zone.

In other words DJI has pulled out from blocking drones and we (the operators) need to make sure we have the authorisation from any zone owner (like FRZ or NFZ) to fly leagally. If I don't care and decide to fly over an operative airfield DJI is not preventing this.

Apparently I have to update the Fly-Safe data on my drones. In another thread I saw that there was a database corruption and everyone who has updated got the drone grounded. Could you please be so kind and confirm that this has been fixed and we are not disabling our drones when doing the update. I need this confirmed ASAP.

Thank you

Kind regards

Axel
1-7 02:50
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

axel.seedig@ocu Posted at 1-7 02:50
Hi DJI Diana,

please correct me if I am wrong, but from your response I take it, that DJI will no longer prevent drones from taking off no matter what area we are going to fly. Hence your map either shows Enhanced Warning Zones only or nothing. I know that in an Enhanced Warning Zone we don't need an unlock but get a warning on the app screen about the zone.

You can check this announcement for our updates to the GEO System:
https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/ ... s-to-its-geo-system

If other members encounter different issues, we will help them accordingly. Please feel free to contact us.  
in your case, please refer to our explanation above.
1-8 04:05
Use props
axel.seedig
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-8 04:05
You can check this announcement for our updates to the GEO System:
https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/news/dji-updates-to-its-geo-system

Good afternoon DJI Wanda,

Thank you for the information. However, the links on the site and the information are primarily about EASA. Again, even if I repeat myself, we are in the UK.

Did DJI not know that the UK had left the EU? I am sure the rules are the same for the UK as for the EU, But it would be helpful to have that confirmed by DJI.

Please don’t get me wrong, I just want to have a confirmation of what I stated in my last post. Until now you have always swiveled around our questions and only provided information concerning the EU. We are not in the EU and I hope to hear from you with information regarding the Uk.

Makes sense?

Thanks

Axel
1-8 04:18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

axel.seedig@ocu Posted at 1-8 04:18
Good afternoon DJI Wanda,

Thank you for the information. However, the links on the site and the information are primarily about EASA. Again, even if I repeat myself, we are in the UK.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. You can refer to this link or the picture below 
https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/mod ... detail&id=12361
1-11 04:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules