Mic 2 input + external stereo microphone.
497 7 1-6 04:51
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Only One User
lvl.1
South Korea

Connecting a stereo micorphone to the Mic 2 TRS input will allow a stereo recording?Side question: will be the file a 2 channel 32bit?

Thank you!

1-6 04:51
Use props
Altero
lvl.2
Thailand

I don't think so. MIC 2 is always mono and it sends to Pocket 3 or records into internal storage a mono signal.
1-6 06:18
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Indeed, it's a completely mono device,
1-6 07:45
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Let me confirm this with the relevant team. I will give you an update once they reply. I appreciate your patience.
1-7 03:34
Use props
Only One User
lvl.1
South Korea

Thank you for the replies! Sure it’s mono when recording from the only mic on board. It seemed worth asking anyway. As it is now the Mic 2 is quite limited to a very specific usage. No complains, just checking if there are more possibilities
1-7 03:57
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I am not aware of any wireless system using a stereo transmitter - at least, not a readily available one.  Many of course have stereo receivers which link to two transmitters - well, the Pocket 3 does that - I guess you could split the output from a stereo mic into two transmitters and do it that way but it wouldn't be a very elegant solution.
1-7 07:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Just got the answer.
1. A single MIC 2 connected to a stereo microphone transmission, the audio file recorded inside the body is monaural.
2. If the MIC 2 is connected to an Osmo Pocket 3 or Osmo Action 4, and the 32-bit Float Recording function is turned on, the file recorded by the MIC 2 body is 32-bit.
Should you have any more concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day.
1-8 02:13
Use props
Only One User
lvl.1
South Korea

Thank you all for your inputs! Have a great day!
1-8 03:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules