1020 12 1-6 07:25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Valkyre4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1198176 ft
Greece

Hello guys.

I had some weird behavior today during flight. It happened only once and it happened momentarily. I literally thought i was going to lose the drone.

Conditions were windy but not much, the drone didnt even give any strong wind warnings at all. But it was a bit windy.

Drone was in normal mode and it was returning home after completing a Master shot.

While it was in vertical descend, suddenly one of the props seemed to stop working momentarily. The drone appeared to be ready to do a barrel roll, lost 1-2 meters of altitude  and only at the last moment (before actually doing a barrel roll) did it correct itself and stabilized.

I really thought it was going to fall to the ground like a brick. I have never experienced that before.

Subsequent flights after this incident went down normal.

Anyone got any idea what happened? No i did not engage the propeller emergency stop with the control sticks.

Was it a sudden gust of wind? It didnt feel like it but i dont know if this kind of behavior could be attributed to something like that.

If you have experienced something like this please shed some light because it really scared me.

Thank you!
1-6 07:25
Use props
Valkyre4
lvl.2
Greece

Upon checking the flight log I noticed that when the issue happened i got a split second warning saying “motor unable to rotate”…

When flying i didnt even see the message since i was flying under VLOS.

what could have caused this and is this something to be concerned about? I didnt notice anything hitting the drone and i checked just now and there are no signs of debris or anything wrong with the motors (they move normally at least to my understanding). I even started the motors just now and doesnt seem to have any issues.

Like i said after the incident i had 2 more flights without any issues.

But i am really worried now. I was lucky that i had enough altitude for the drone to escape crashing.

Should i be worried?
1-6 14:43
Use props
Valkyre4
lvl.2
Greece

Here is the flight log as well for anyone that can shed some light:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5GMMGQSEE9DIFGC5051W/

The issue happens at 19m 32.3sec
1-6 15:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. If the said warning appears, please check whether the arm of the aircraft has been deployed properly, whether the propellers are installed correctly, and whether there is debris in the motors. You can also manually rotate the motors when the aircraft is powered off. Check whether the motor is obstructed. Have a nice day.
1-6 21:01
Use props
Valkyre4
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 1-6 21:01
Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. If the said warning appears, please check whether the arm of the aircraft has been deployed properly, whether the propellers are installed correctly, and whether there is debris in the motors. You can also manually rotate the motors when the aircraft is powered off. Check whether the motor is obstructed. Have a nice day.

As I have mentioned above, I already did all those things and if you check the flight log you will see this happened after 19minutes of trouble free flight.

Motors seem to be ok when powered off and i had 2 more flights after the incident without problems.

But I dont know why this happened and i am afraid that it might happen again and i have no way to know when it will happen again.

Please check the flight log.  Thank you!
1-6 21:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Valkyre4 Posted at 1-6 21:56
As I have mentioned above, I already did all those things and if you check the flight log you will see this happened after 19minutes of trouble free flight.

Motors seem to be ok when powered off and i had 2 more flights after the incident without problems.

Hi there. I suggest sending the aircraft to the repair center for further inspection. You can submit a repair request on the DJI Official website or through this link: https://repair.dji.com/gr/repair/index. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
1-8 02:34
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

Tip: Preflight checks. Before take off. Spin the blades by hand and make sure they are rotating smoothly and evenly across all four motors.
1-12 17:32
Use props
djiuser_LE8qFPGL8tR7
lvl.1

United States

The same happened to me today with a new Dji mini 4 pro. First time flying it and brand new. Did you figure out what is the reason for this behavior?
1-13 19:39
Use props
Valkyre4
lvl.2
Greece

djiuser_LE8qFPGL8tR7 Posted at 1-13 19:39
The same happened to me today with a new Dji mini 4 pro. First time flying it and brand new. Did you figure out what is the reason for this behavior?

I had the drone checked out, motors and all. They found no issue with it and everything seemed normal. They attributed the problem to something momentarily blocking the motor, like dust, tiny piece of branch etc.

I have had more than 20 flights since then without issues, so hopefully there is nothing more to it. Hope yours is a similar case with mine. It certainly affects your confidence since it is always in the back your head.
1-14 10:45
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_LE8qFPGL8tR7 Posted at 1-13 19:39

Hi, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause you. Please follow our recommendations below:

1. Check the aircraft firmware version if updated.
2. It is necessary to confirm whether the arm of the aircraft has been deployed, whether the propellers are installed correctly and whether there is debris in the motors.
3. Please manually rotate the motor when the aircraft is powered off. Check whether the motor is obstructed. If the motor is obstructed or it is confirmed that the propellers have been mounted properly with no foreign matters, but the motor cannot be started several times, you may provide a video showing the problem. Also, you may consider sending their product back to our facility for further testing via this link. I hope this information helps.
1-19 01:08
Use props
Michi123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142592 ft

Austria

Experienced the same thing with my Mini 3 pro while descending after a long flight last July. Happened once and never again in probably a hundred flights, hopefully a one time event. Still a reminder to be super cautious always.
1-19 02:36
Use props
djiuser_LVnyg6ozQR6o
lvl.2
Chile

My brand new DJI mini 4 pro when I open box I get esc error and after refresh firmware and calibration esc error gone and turn of and on the error still pop up ..... Today again I tried to start air craft but there is no esc error and turn on motor and turned off 2 time then suddenly  one side propeller gets colided with other propeller in the same motor and showing this error kindly help me what is the reason...... It's a brand new drone NVR flyed
IMG_20240505_132231880.jpg
5-5 10:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_LVnyg6ozQR6o Posted at 5-5 10:42
My brand new DJI mini 4 pro when I open box I get esc error and after refresh firmware and calibration esc error gone and turn of and on the error still pop up ..... Today again I tried to start air craft but there is no esc error and turn on motor and turned off 2 time then suddenly  one side propeller gets colided with other propeller in the same motor and showing this error kindly help me what is the reason...... It's a brand new drone NVR flyed

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Have you already checked the propellers if they are installed on the correct motors? You may refer to this video: https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/eb2 ... f0479a438b9e287.mp4. Have a nice day.
5-7 03:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules