Cannot unlock Authorization zone
2409 17 1-6 07:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_o3wl1zSepGes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there,

I cannot seem to unlock any geo-zone near me for my Mini 4 Pro? I have successfully done this twice since christmas, however today when I went to look at the UK map to select my local zone, no zones at all are showing on the map for me to select.

I have tried using another browser, I have tried using my phone browser, I have also tried on Wi-fi and off of Wi-fi.

Is this an issue for anyone else and lies with DJI or is it just myself for the UK map?

Thank you
1-6 07:59
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Please make sure the remote controller and aircraft can receive a GPS signal. You may also check the said location on this link DJI GeoZone Map. Once you are in a restricted zone, you may unlock the specific location using this link https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/list. If this doesn't help, please post a photo showing the issue for us to further check. Thank you very much.
1-6 21:08
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:11
Use props
djiuser_o3wl1zSepGes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

No geo zones are showing, I’ve tried multiple browsers and devices. I can’t take off because I am in an authorisation zone, yet when I go to the unlock map no zones at all are showing.  
IMG_1763.jpeg
1-7 00:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_o3wl1zSepGes Posted at 1-7 00:21
No geo zones are showing, I’ve tried multiple browsers and devices. I can’t take off because I am in an authorisation zone, yet when I go to the unlock map no zones at all are showing.

Hi there. Are you indoors? Please try going outdoors to check whether the remote controller and aircraft can receive a GPS signal. Thank you.
1-7 01:24
Use props
djiuser_o3wl1zSepGes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-7 01:24
Hi there. Are you indoors? Please try going outdoors to check whether the remote controller and aircraft can receive a GPS signal. Thank you.

This is on my phone, I usually go on the website and setup the authorisation. No zones are showing for me to select however.
1-7 02:43
Use props
ScottAWhite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54101 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_o3wl1zSepGes Posted at 1-7 02:43
This is on my phone, I usually go on the website and setup the authorisation. No zones are showing for me to select however.

This is happening for myself as well. United kingdom geo zones are not showing at all on map.  I’ve replied to a previous ticket with same information. Something with the map has happened.  @DjiTony have there been map updates recently which may be causing this issue.  
1-7 02:51
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_o3wl1zSepGes Posted at 1-7 02:43
This is on my phone, I usually go on the website and setup the authorisation. No zones are showing for me to select however.

Hello there. I just got an update. The European Union has implemented new drone regulations on January 1st, 2024. The new regulations require drone manufacturers to have the ability to support the integration of official warning area data. the DJI GEO System cannot conflict with the new regulation, so it has been decided to gradually remove the no-fly zones in EU countries.
1-7 02:53
Use props
djiuser_o3wl1zSepGes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-7 02:53
Hello there. I just got an update. The European Union has implemented new drone regulations on January 1st, 2024. The new regulations require drone manufacturers to have the ability to support the integration of official warning area data. the DJI GEO System cannot conflict with the new regulation, so it has been decided to gradually remove the no-fly zones in EU countries.

So how do we take off? As my drone is still asking for authorisation?
1-7 03:05
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There was a big change to the FlySafe app over the weekend; most Geo-zones are now removed and only airport FRZs remain.  This is for the UK and many EU countries.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=304983

1-8 00:03
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ScottAWhite Posted at 1-7 02:51
This is happening for myself as well. United kingdom geo zones are not showing at all on map.  I’ve replied to a previous ticket with same information. Something with the map has happened.  @DjiTony have there been map updates recently which may be causing this issue.

Yes; a big change over the weekend... See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=304983
1-8 00:04
Use props
ScottAWhite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54101 ft
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 1-8 00:04
Yes; a big change over the weekend... See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=304983

Thanks Ian for reply and link to video.  Very informative and useful (ps i've given a )  

I guess I will need to wait now for CAA updates to be able to fly in my area like i used to be able to.  
1-8 00:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_o3wl1zSepGes Posted at 1-7 03:05

Hi, Drone operators are required to consult the geo-fencing restrictions to check if it is safe to fly in the current airspace before each takeoff and comply with them before and during each flight.
We kindly advise that you visit the following website to view the map of GEO zones in Europe:
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones/naa. We appreciate your understanding.
1-8 02:50
Use props
fans28869a94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1700059 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_o3wl1zSepGes Posted at 1-7 03:05

did you get a reply/solution to this? Did you manage to take off?
1-31 04:33
Use props
djiuser_3rUm22g6tyGC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1897927 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue.

No way to unlock areas that are nearby.  I can't take off when near the zones.

2-17 14:36
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_3rUm22g6tyGC Posted at 2-17 14:36
I have the same issue.

No way to unlock areas that are nearby.  I can't take off when near the zones.

Hi there. It is required to check the geo-fencing restrictions to confirm if it is safe to fly in the current location before launching the aircraft and comply with them before and during each flight.
Please use the following website to view the map of GEO zones in Europe:
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/domains/civil-drones/naa. We appreciate your understanding.
2-17 21:02
Use props
Tendy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

An update on this. I tried to fly my DJI drone & failed to unlock. I received the code but after confirming, this was denied.
yesterday 09:39
Use props
Tendy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sorry any update …..
yesterday 09:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules