WAYPOINT AND POI ACCURACY PROBLEMS
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpeleoDroni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1078228 ft
Italy

Good morning,

I'm trying several repeated missions by using the Waypont and POI function but every time when  I repeat the mission it's never identical to the previous one.
I calibrated the compass etc...,but the result does not change. I also downloaded the latest firmware.
For every mission I always start from the same point.
I'm runnig the missions with 20/23 GPS Satellites during the day and the night.

From here:

https://we.tl/t-kKz2275rwE

you can download two orignal videos, one where I made a comparison and a picture.

Do you have any ideas?

I've contactet DJI support but the problem is not fixed.

Thank in advance.

Andrea

1-7 14:47
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry .. I'm not downloading that much.
Can you explain the issue you think you have?

Consumer GPS is not being pinpoint accurate?
It is commonly only accurate to +/- 10 ft or so.

ps .. calibrating your compass is unnecessary and won't have any effect of your issue.
If your compass needed recalibration, you'd have bigger problems.
1-7 14:57
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. In waypoint flight mode, the waypoints are recorded based on physical GPS locations. However, the precision of GPS readings can be impacted by many external factors such as measurement errors due to satellites, signal transmission and reception, or the GPS system itself. As a result, some deviation may occur when you re-fly a task.

We recommend you only re-fly tasks when you have a good number of GPS Satellites. Your flight path will better match up with the original path if you re-fly it a short time after plotting the points. Otherwise, you can fix the issue in post-production. Thank you for your understanding.

1-7 19:07
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13440348 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like you're expecting far too much accuracy from a single GPS solution. Why do you think the Inspire 3 has RTK for repeatable flight paths? Because accuracy like you're expecting can't be done with GPS alone. I did you a favor and brought your 2 clips into Metashape to track the cameras with. For some reason you didn't include the .SRT file along with the clips. That would be a big help in determining the difference and improving the accuracy as well. Anyways, the two clips aren't very different as you can see here. This could easily be synced up near perfectly with a little bit of effort in Premiere Pro. Red frames are from DJI_0145 and blue frames are from DJI_0146. WAYPOINT_AND_POI_ACCURACY PROBLEMS.jpg
1-7 20:25
Use props
NYC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20169501 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-7 20:25
It sounds like you're expecting far too much accuracy from a single GPS solution. Why do you think the Inspire 3 has RTK for repeatable flight paths? Because accuracy like you're expecting can't be done with GPS alone. I did you a favor and brought your 2 clips into Metashape to track the cameras with. For some reason you didn't include the .SRT file along with the clips. That would be a big help in determining the difference and improving the accuracy as well. Anyways, the two clips aren't very different as you can see here. This could easily be synced up near perfectly with a little bit of effort in Premiere Pro. Red frames are from DJI_0145 and blue frames are from DJI_0146. [view_image]

good thinking
1-18 16:40
Use props
NYC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20169501 ft
United States

I read a similar (recently posted) account from another user that doesn't have much to say yet. Did the issue happen following an update? how accurate are you expecting it to be?
1-18 16:41
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NYC Posted at 1-18 16:41
I read a similar (recently posted) account from another user that doesn't have much to say yet. Did the issue happen following an update? how accurate are you expecting it to be?

Did the issue happen following an update?

A firmware update had nothing to do with his issue .. whatever it might be.
Firmware updates almost never have any effect on how your drone behaves, no matter how many forum members keep suggesting that firmware updates caused all sorts of issues.
1-18 21:05
Use props
SpeleoDroni
lvl.2
Italy

Hi everyone,

many thanks for your help!

I ran some more tests and fixed some issues in post-production.

Andrea
2-15 06:15
Use props
SpeleoDroni
lvl.2
Italy

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-7 20:25
It sounds like you're expecting far too much accuracy from a single GPS solution. Why do you think the Inspire 3 has RTK for repeatable flight paths? Because accuracy like you're expecting can't be done with GPS alone. I did you a favor and brought your 2 clips into Metashape to track the cameras with. For some reason you didn't include the .SRT file along with the clips. That would be a big help in determining the difference and improving the accuracy as well. Anyways, the two clips aren't very different as you can see here. This could easily be synced up near perfectly with a little bit of effort in Premiere Pro. Red frames are from DJI_0145 and blue frames are from DJI_0146. [view_image]

Hi,

thanks for your help.

Andrea
2-15 06:16
Use props
SpeleoDroni
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 1-7 19:07
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. In waypoint flight mode, the waypoints are recorded based on physical GPS locations. However, the precision of GPS readings can be impacted by many external factors such as measurement errors due to satellites, signal transmission and reception, or the GPS system itself. As a result, some deviation may occur when you re-fly a task.

We recommend you only re-fly tasks when you have a good number of GPS Satellites. Your flight path will better match up with the original path if you re-fly it a short time after plotting the points. Otherwise, you can fix the issue in post-production. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi,

thanks for your help.

Andrea
2-15 06:16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SpeleoDroni Posted at 2-15 06:16
Hi,

thanks for your help.

No worries. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2-15 19:38
Use props
SpeleoDroni
lvl.2
Italy

DAY AND NIGHT

2-16 03:26
Use props
SpeleoDroni
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2-15 19:38
No worries. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks!!!

2-16 03:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules