New Warning Tip
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Can someone from DJI please explain this? It started popping up with the last Fly update on the Mavic 3 series. And maybe others. It happens when motor start is initiated. Is there any way to disable the warning?
IMG_0417.jpeg
1-7 20:01
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out! In order to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, we have adjusted the UI design and prompts for users before taking off. Currently, there's no option to disable this feature. Thank you for your understanding.
1-7 23:55
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 23:55
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out! In order to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, we have adjusted the UI design and prompts for users before taking off. Currently, there's no option to disable this feature. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your understanding?
In order to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, we have adjusted the UI design and prompts for users before taking off.

That's meaningless nonsense
This is a completely ridiculous and unnecessary warning advice that won't do a thing to "account for diverse user needs" (whatever that means) and isn't sufficient safety guidance for anyone.
What's the matter with DJI that they slap this kind of garbage on their app?
Don't they have any intelligent drone flyers to have input there?
1-8 01:00
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

It is probably shown when no GPS is available just as a warning for new pilots.
There should be a box "do not show again" but DJI haven't added it... Bad UI.
This shouldn't appear when taking off outdoors.
1-8 04:34
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Yaros1 Posted at 1-8 04:34
There should be a box "do not show again" but DJI haven't added it... Bad UI.
This shouldn't appear when taking off outdoors.

The screenshot shows you still get it with full GPS reception.
1-8 05:23
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Labroides Posted at 1-8 05:23
The screenshot shows you still get it with full GPS reception.

Why does it say "no position hold mode" below then?
Never had this with latest software and Air 3.
1-8 06:09
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Just returned from testing. I enabled "no position hold mode". Absolutely ZERO effect on flight. Climbed to 250', position held perfectly.  Flew in straightt lines, left, right, forward and backward. It stopped as normal and held. WHY is this inane, unnecessary warning even there? If it enabled ATTI mode, that would be fine. But it DOES NOT!!!
1-8 11:55
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I swear you'd think DJI devs get paid based on the amount of pop up dialogs and warning messages they can fit into the UI.

"Make sure props can unfold properly" Why not just go ahead and unfold them? That's what any experienced pilot would do. Having to make sure they can unfold implies that they are still folded. How can you inspect props properly that are still folded..?

"It is recommended to choose an open field to fly"  For someone's first few flights, absolutely. I can't wait to see DJI's next marketing video that includes open fields exclusively. Let's see how much you follow your own advice.

"Select hover mode" I'd rather select a Do Not Disturb mode.
1-8 12:49
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-8 12:49
I swear you'd think DJI devs get paid based on the amount of pop up dialogs and warning messages they can fit into the UI.

"Make sure props can unfold properly" Why not just go ahead and unfold them? That's what any experienced pilot would do. Having to make sure they can unfold implies that they are still folded. How can you inspect props properly that are still folded..?

I can't wait to see DJI's next marketing video that includes open fields exclusively.
If DJI continue on this trajectory, the next iteration of their user advice popups might have other helpful tips like:
Don't run with scissors ... or
Don't wear stripes with plaid.
1-8 13:05
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

I never got that message with my update i did yesterday, what region you try t take off ?  I agree though that pop-up would be very annoying to say the least and I would be looking to roll back to a older app
1-8 14:14
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19198005 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-8 12:49
I swear you'd think DJI devs get paid based on the amount of pop up dialogs and warning messages they can fit into the UI.

A Stealth mode would be nice
1-8 14:16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-8 01:00
In order to take into account diverse user needs and sufficient safety guidance, we have adjusted the UI design and prompts for users before taking off.

totally agree; this is not only useless but it's also confusing.  no worries, i predict dji will retract this nonsense shortly.
1-8 14:49
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

@DJI, please consider using a intelligent virtual assistant to inquire frequently about what our flight needs are.
1-8 15:43
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

In order to take into account diverse user needs, you add yet another message that benefits nobody? This doesn't improve safety, this is distracting. The fact that it doesn't show up until motors start up is the worst timing possible. I have my eyes on the drone during takeoff and only first look at the RC when it is well in the air. When I choose to look down at the RC initially I don't want to have a pop up I will need to first dismiss before I can see a video feed. Come on now, y'all are smarter than this. Who would implement such a horrible idea and claim it makes for a safer flight? Does DJI beta test anything before releasing it? Or is there just a company meeting and someone says "You know what would make things safer? A big pop up message right at takeoff that can never be hidden."
1-8 20:00
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-8 20:00
In order to take into account diverse user needs, you add yet another message that benefits nobody? This doesn't improve safety, this is distracting. The fact that it doesn't show up until motors start up is the worst timing possible. I have my eyes on the drone during takeoff and only first look at the RC when it is well in the air. When I choose to look down at the RC initially I don't want to have a pop up I will need to first dismiss before I can see a video feed. Come on now, y'all are smarter than this. Who would implement such a horrible idea and claim it makes for a safer flight? Does DJI beta test anything before releasing it? Or is there just a company meeting and someone says "You know what would make things safer? A big pop up message right at takeoff that can never be hidden."

John, FYI, it pops up BEFORE the motors start. You have to dismiss it before you can fly. To me, this is even MORE annoying!!
1-9 08:13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

The choice presented does ABSOLUTELY ZERO for flying!!! ABSOLUTELY no change!! This "warning" is a red herring!!! Please get with the proper engineer and GET RID OF IT!!!
1-9 08:16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Labroides Posted at 1-8 01:00

We thank you for giving your insight and feedback regarding this matter. We will communicate your concern to our relevant team for attention.
1-11 04:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-9 08:16
The choice presented does ABSOLUTELY ZERO for flying!!! ABSOLUTELY no change!! This "warning" is a red herring!!! Please get with the proper engineer and GET RID OF IT!!!

We're sorry if this has caused you an unpleasant experience. Your feedback will be forwarded to our relevant team for consideration.
1-11 04:02
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-8 20:00
In order to take into account diverse user needs, you add yet another message that benefits nobody? This doesn't improve safety, this is distracting. The fact that it doesn't show up until motors start up is the worst timing possible. I have my eyes on the drone during takeoff and only first look at the RC when it is well in the air. When I choose to look down at the RC initially I don't want to have a pop up I will need to first dismiss before I can see a video feed. Come on now, y'all are smarter than this. Who would implement such a horrible idea and claim it makes for a safer flight? Does DJI beta test anything before releasing it? Or is there just a company meeting and someone says "You know what would make things safer? A big pop up message right at takeoff that can never be hidden."

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. We completely understand that the changes bring dissatisfaction to your daily use. Rest assured that we will keep sending feedback regarding the changes on the app to our relevant team for their attention.
1-12 03:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules