Take fotos while shooting videos
929 12 1-8 00:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AugustoBB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4844101 ft
Angola

DJI, please update the app and let us take a photo while shooting a video. It is about time now.
1-8 00:37
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's not going to happen.
What you are asking for is impossible with DJI cameras (and most other cameras too).
1-8 01:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can always export individual frames from the view,   FCPX seems to get a decent quality tiff when doing that.
1-8 01:30
Use props
AugustoBB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4844101 ft
Angola

Labroides Posted at 1-8 01:03
That's not going to happen.
What you are asking for is impossible with DJI cameras (and most other cameras too).

Air 3 has 2 cameras, Mavic 3 Pro has 3 cameras, something can be done. These drones and Mini 4 Pro have done wonders.
1-8 10:17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AugustoBB Posted at 1-8 10:17
Air 3 has 2 cameras, Mavic 3 Pro has 3 cameras, something can be done. These drones and Mini 4 Pro have done wonders.

You cannot do it with cameras from other manufacturers.
It's just not possible without very expensive hardware.
1-8 13:00
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 4 Pro does not support PIV (Photo in Video) which means to take photos while recording videos. We will gather this concern of yours as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your valued support.
1-8 21:21
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

I've taken photos while shooting video with my DJI drones by pressing the shutter button while recording. However, it's just a still frame at the video resolution and is thus only a portion of the whole sensor.

I would imagine that you're wanting to be able to take a full frame photo at the same time as the video is being recorded in another format?
1-8 22:11
Use props
djiuser_es6YfbV25hOR
New
Flight distance : 7733 ft

Philippines

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 21:21
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 4 Pro does not support PIV (Photo in Video) which means to take photos while recording videos. We will gather this concern of yours as a suggestion and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your valued support.

+1 vote for this
2-22 20:02
Use props
Rosewell Flyer
lvl.2

United States

Labroides Posted at 1-8 13:00

Android phones do this.  The little photo button is right there while recording video.
2-22 22:46
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Rosewell Flyer Posted at 2-22 22:46
Android phones do this.  The little photo button is right there while recording video.

Or is it just saving a frame from the video (which you could easily do in your computer anyway)?
2-23 02:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2-23 23:21
Use props
djiuser_8nfZxIZDTwrC
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 1-8 13:00

My old Hubsan still does PIV.  Can’t speak to my DJI mini 4 camera tech, but it’s been done with other cameras for decades.
4-7 07:01
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_8nfZxIZDTwrC Posted at 4-7 07:01
My old Hubsan still does PIV.  Can’t speak to my DJI mini 4 camera tech, but it’s been done with other cameras for decades.

Read the posts above and you will understand that what your camera does is it records one frame from a video into a separate jpg file. This is not a full-fledged photograph. You can do the same with video in any editor.
4-7 07:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules